How to grind Enchanting skill?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TGW

I've seen some great tips on grinding some of the other skills. Does anyone have a good and fast way to grind the Enchanting skill?

Thanks!

TGW

For Conjuration: Find a dead body (animal, giant, human etc) and cast something like soul trap on it over an over again.

For Block: Isolate a solo archer enemy and constantly block their arrows.

Smithy: Make anything cheap/easy (such as daggers) over and over again.

TGW

No, not that I can tell. It only takes about 5 daggers per skill level. It was the same for me when I did leather bracers.

OutKast

im not knocking the quick exploits, but i feel it kinda takes away from the whole game experience. dont get me wrong, when i was trying to get from smithing 57 to smithing 60 so i could improve enchanted items, i made like 30 hide bracers....

but if you wanna up your enchanting skill quickly, find/buy a bunch of petty sould gems (they're cheap, like 50 gold or less) then go out and kill a lot of animals to fill the soul gems. go back and enchant all those 600 dagger you made and VOILA! your enchanting skill is high

TGW

Cool, thanks. Simple plan. I'll work on it tonight since I'm trying very hard to get two effects on my gear.

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
Next Time you might want to check out the tip section instead of help would probably be easier and faster.

MrCostari

Sorry, but is there an other way to get souls than the soul trap spell or a weapon enchanted with soul trap?

MrCostari

Yeah, I'm just going to buy some petty gems :p Money is really coming in like rain :p
I make so many potions that I even buy grand soul gems to sell more :p And I still make profit and haven't put anything in the speech skill tree :)

Drake

Hey all, I've been "lurking" for awhile but thought I'd finally register and respond since I just made a guide/blog post about power-leveling enchanting (and a few other things, but it applies) a few days ago.

I don't know the rules here for sharing links but it's a blog post located here: Master Level Smithing, Enchanting, and Conjuration

I added a few things to help, specifically how you can fill up dozens of soul gems instantly using companions to help with it.

Sorry if we're not allowed to share links, if that's the case I'll edit it out.

Boyd

Article Writah
Hey all, I've been "lurking" for awhile but thought I'd finally register and respond since I just made a guide/blog post about power-leveling enchanting (and a few other things, but it applies) a few days ago.

I don't know the rules here for sharing links but it's a blog post located here: Master Level Smithing, Enchanting, and Conjuration

I added a few things to help, specifically how you can fill up dozens of soul gems instantly using companions to help with it.

Sorry if we're not allowed to share links, if that's the case I'll edit it out.
I think we're not aloud to share links to other sites, but I'm not sure.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
You can post links to other sites as long as it isn't spam.

MrCostari

Maybe this is offtopic, but I can only find 1 guy in the College of Winterhold who sells soul gems, where are the other guys? Do I need to do quests for that?

Lemnisc8

Bunny Protector and Thalmor Killer
You can also find many soul gems in dwemer ruins - most of the mechanical enemies drop soul gems when killed. Also Blackreach has geode veins that you can mine sould gems from (the mine levels with you). EArly levels (not that you would be here THAT early??), then the maximum you would get would be petty/lesser, at level 30, im mining black soul gems.

Soul gem hunting is a royal pain in my arse!

Are you saying you are mining black soul gems at level 30?