Spoiler Hunters are werewolves?!?!?!?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
So I'm near Markarth as a vampire when I decided to do a transformation (vampire lord) on the road, to which I thought nobody was around. I was caught in the process of transformation by a hunter. To my astonishment I did not get a bounty over my head like I usually get. I quick came to realize that the hunter had his own dark secret as he quickly did a transformation into a werewolf, and then proceed to attack me.

I never had this happening to me, not prior to Dawnguard. Are the hunters indeed werewolves, and can only transform into one at night?

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
I've not experienced that, but I guess it makes sense for a Werewolf to be a hunter

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Pics or it didnt happen

Sent using my thumbs.

Actually if you go on Skyrim:Hunter - UESPWiki under notes: "Some hunters are infected with Lycanthropy, and change into werewolves when you encounter them at night. They become hostile and attack when in werewolf form."

Or if you prefer Hunter - The Elder Scrolls Wiki
"During the Dawnguard DLC hunters may change into werewolves. This most commonly happens around Falkreath than any of the other holds."

I wasn't aware of this, and so I wasn't prepared to take videos or make a screenshots, but I'm not the only one that had seen hunters turn into werewolves.

kirak95197

Writer
I've never seen it, it does make a decent amount of sense though. But when you see a hunter chasing someone who stole something and the criminal gives you the item, wouldn't it be easier for the hunter to just transform and chase the criminal?

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
It might not be all Hunters who have it, so the person chasing the thief might not be a werewolf, but the ones in the wild I always knew they were a bit shifty...There I was hanging out with them I COULD HAVE BEEN EATEN!

Adam Warlock

Can confirm a hunter transforming into a Werewolf Brute in a random encounter just west of Dawnstar(xbox)

CaptMorgan72

So I am assuming that being a werewolf is not really accepted in the Dawnguard and that it is a individual secret for those hunters that are infected with Lycanthrophy? I was thinking of role playing the "curse" of lycanthrohpy by wearing the cursed ring of Hircine, and joining their ranks as a hunter. If I change in front of them, they will hunt me too I imagine.

Adam Warlock

also the members of dawnguard can`t arrest you but they will react as if they are Guards for the Rift.
this means you may have to run away with a bounty on your head , kill your Dawnguard comrade , or reload a save(i did)
I learned this the hard way when I was attacked by Vori when she saw me kill a Traveling Bard that Gunmar had sent me to destroy !
apparently they don`t circulate internal memos on covert operations
so you can see why I never dared to transform there
As a Skyrim pariah , an active werewolf = Vampire Lord now that the stage 4 vampires are no longer attacked by citizens