I want to make an Evil Character

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Ha interesting question no killing random people is not evil its 2 simple you want to make innocent people suffer
stay out of range of your victims, kill a member of a family kill Jon Battle-Born and watch Ofina Gray-manes Reaction and his families reaction then kill another member of their family and then another and do it slowly and watch them crumble, Become a Vampire perhaps and or join the Dark Brotherhood or do both, Stalk people, stand there and stare at your victims before following them to their house and killing them in their sleep, Use Fire magic and watch your Enemis Burn Alive and never ever under any circumstances pray at a shrine and side with the daedra if you can. that's how to be evil

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Illusion + Archery.

Cast fear on bandits, couriers, stormcloaks, imperial soldiers, thalmor, farmers, vigilants, mercenaries and hunters. Then hunt them down with your bow, or crossbow if you have Dawnguard. Use some alchemy, creating poisons of slow and lingering health damage, make them suffer. If you have Hearthfire you can put human skulls on your alter.

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Turning into a vampire lord and wiping out an entire small town or imperial camp is pretty evil...

it all depends on what kind of evil you wanna be though.

Being Lawfully Evil means that you play by the rules such as joining the thieves guild and dark brotherhood but killing far more people than necassary. you are civil enough to people especially if it means reaching your own goal. you kill more puposeally or make someone else do the hard work.

Chaotic Evil on the other hand gennerally play by themselves and enjoy suffering and death for only the sick pleasure it brings. you gennerally wont join up with other people, especially if you view them stronger than yourself. you are unpredictable and violent but can also be intelligent.

I usually play a Neutral Evil character (Incubus), which is somewhere in the middle. works with people ONLY if it benifets himself and kills often but most of the time with some sort of reason (unless a vampire lord).

But I don't really know how to be "Evil" haha. Do I just go around killing people, or do I set an evil plan in motion to wipe out an entire village? How should I go about my darkness?

you could look at the "Despicable me" thread for one approach

Rimfaxe96

Help the Thalmor. You can do that in the vanilla game in Markarth and on Solstheim if you got the Dragonborn DLC.

Wildroses

I'd decide what motivates your character's evil actions. Why are they evil?

Gain? Do they just kill everyone to further your own ends (such as money, power or items killing the person might bring them?)

Revenge? Does everybody who crosses or annoy your character have to be punished?

Pleasure? Do they enjoy making people suffer, either by hunting them down or watching survivors cry over corpses?

Survival? Do they think it's a choice between someone else and them, so pick themselves every single time?

Knowledge? Do they just want to know everything possible about some subjects, and don't care what they have to do to learn about them?

Social climbing? Do they do evil actions because they are trying to get the attention and approval of powerful people or daedra to further their own ends?

Attention? Does your character want people to notice them and doesn't care how as long as they do?

Superiority complex? Does your character think they are better, stronger and smarter than everyone else, and commit evil actions just for the joy of proving this, or possibly the joy of getting away with it?

Once you decide how many of these options apply to your character, it might give you some idea of what sort of evil actions your character would and wouldn't do.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Help the Thalmor. You can do that in the vanilla game in Markarth and on Solstheim if you got the Dragonborn DLC.
That's not really evil, especially if you're already an Altmer. Besides, it's only evil from one perspective. Isn't that a little limiting?

Pete

The best way to become evil is to try and play a hero. Try do always do the right thing. At some point you are seduced.

To truly be evil is to to fall from grace.

Rimfaxe96

That's not really evil, especially if you're already an Altmer. Besides, it's only evil from one perspective. Isn't that a little limiting?

Well, alright.

@Thread-Poster, do you want to be evil like murder-runaround-chaotic-evil or evil as in domination of everything?
If it's the second one, help the Thalmor rebuild Ayleid Empire 2.0 and enslave everything.

ZPfor3

Arch-Mage/Harbinger in Training
Well, alright.

@Thread-Poster, do you want to be evil like murder-runaround-chaotic-evil or evil as in domination of everything?
If it's the second one, help the Thalmor rebuild Ayleid Empire 2.0 and enslave everything.

I think I would like to be a mastermind killer haha. Like, slowing poisoning entire towns or killing all of them in the night. Muwhahahahahaha >:)

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Well, alright.

I think I would like to be a mastermind killer haha. Like, slowing poisoning entire towns or killing all of them in the night. Muwhahahahahaha >:)

Get that poison pockets perk and poison people.
Get Vermina's staff of corruption, steal people dreams than murder them in thier sleep!!!
Easy fix :cool:

Daelon DuLac

Daelon DuLac

In the prep for an evil build myself. killer/assassin/thief, just outright nasty but can't decide between Khajit, Dunmer or Argonian. Name Noir Gris so thinking Dunmer might be approp. Want the sneak though and will be using illusion.

Thoughts?

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I love these "How do I be evil?" threads... haven't you people ever seen a movie? What's so difficult about being a murderous outcast. ;)

A recent example of some serious evil just presented itself in my recent viewing of The Return of the King... again. In the battle for Minas Tirith, the opening barrage from the orcs from their catapults was human heads. That's evil. Then they followed up by launching their payload not at the fortifications where the soldiers were, but higher up where the civilians were hiding. Not that's evil.

Daelon DuLac

I love these "How do I be evil?" threads... haven't you people ever seen a movie? What's so difficult about being a murderous outcast. ;)

A recent example of some serious evil just presented itself in my recent viewing of The Return of the King... again. In the battle for Minas Tirith, the opening barrage from the orcs from their catapults was human heads. That's evil. Then they followed up by launching their payload not at the fortifications where the soldiers were, but higher up where the civilians were hiding. Not that's evil.
It becomes difficult since SR has a tendency to try to make you the hero all the time (with some notable exceptions). You basically cannot do many of the quests or get many of the best items. It's one thing to play a nasty piece of work (thief, assassin, etc...), but, to play a truly evil and homicidal character it takes work and many of us need tips. Besides, having everybody chasing you and trying to kill you can get very taxing (I mean guards, companions, etc..., not just the usual monsters, animals, meanies and baddies that are usually trying to kill you!).

LotusEater

It becomes difficult since SR has a tendency to try to make you the hero all the time (with some notable exceptions). You basically cannot do many of the quests or get many of the best items. It's one thing to play a nasty piece of work (thief, assassin, etc...), but, to play a truly evil and homicidal character it takes work and many of us need tips. Besides, having everybody chasing you and trying to kill you can get very taxing (I mean guards, companions, etc..., not just the usual monsters, animals, meanies and baddies that are usually trying to kill you!).

You can still kill evil things if you are evil. That's the great thing about role playing... you get to make s**t up. Ok, so the College thinks you are a hero for saving the College... what they don't know is that you have ulterior motives... maybe Hermaous Mora sent you to infiltrate and gain control so all of the knowledge of the College would be his. Evil is more easily assessed by your motives, not your actions. Maybe your evil goes so deep that you plan to join every faction and run them all into the ground, paving the way for your own tyranny.

Watch The Usual Suspects. Kaiser Soze is thee prime example of evil. Nobody knows who he is or what he is up to, yet he controls and orchestrates everything to meet his ends... and succeeds.

Daelon DuLac

You can still kill evil things if you are evil. That's the great thing about role playing... you get to make s**t up. Ok, so the College thinks you are a hero for saving the College... what they don't know is that you have ulterior motives... maybe Hermaous Mora sent you to infiltrate and gain control so all of the knowledge of the College would be his. Evil is more easily assessed by your motives, not your actions. Maybe your evil goes so deep that you plan to join every faction and run them all into the ground, paving the way for your own tyranny.
Agree. The RP aspect of it isn't that big a deal. Ulterior I understand. My issue is being a pariah from everything. My evil should be smart as well as homicidal. It's a fine line to walk and not always easy to not get caught. That's why I keep my true evil until I'm higher level so I have better sneak and (hopefully) a few invisibility potions.

I'm trying a new build who's evil from level 1 (chaotically and unremittingly so) and my only issue with Noir Gris is Khajit, Dunmer or Argonian (as you can see by my other thread) and also, where the heck to sell his stuff. That's why he'll do the thieves guild first so at least he has fences and caravans to sell to.

LotusEater

Agree. The RP aspect of it isn't that big a deal. Ulterior I understand. My issue is being a pariah from everything. My evil should be smart as well as homicidal. It's a fine line to walk and not always easy to not get caught. That's why I keep my true evil until I'm higher level so I have better sneak and (hopefully) a few invisibility potions.

I'm trying a new build who's evil from level 1 (chaotically and unremittingly so) and my only issue with Noir Gris is Khajit, Dunmer or Argonian (as you can see by my other thread) and also, where the heck to sell his stuff. That's why he'll do the thieves guild first so at least he has fences and caravans to sell to.

I'm just saying... you want your build to be "chaotic" and "smart", which is always fun, but chaotic types don't really care about keeping good relations with merchants and being able to sell stuff. They definitely don't care about getting caught red handed, all the more chaos. That would be more of a Lawful Evil or Neutral Evil (to borrow some old AD&D alignments).

Daelon DuLac

I'm just saying... you want your build to be "chaotic" and "smart", which is always fun, but chaotic types don't really care about keeping good relations with merchants and being able to sell stuff. They definitely don't care about getting caught red handed, all the more chaos. That would be more of a Lawful Evil or Neutral Evil (to borrow some old AD&D alignments).
dern it. He may be homicidal but he's also greedy! Sheesh. Merchants, forget 'em. I'll figure it out. Fah!

LotusEater

dern it. He may be homicidal but he's also greedy! Sheesh. Merchants, forget 'em. I'll figure it out. Fah!

Well, if we slice up evil in Skyrim and assign some of those old AD&D alignments (Chaotic Evil, Lawful Evil and Neutral Evil) it kinda goes like this:

Chaotic Evil- Reckless abandon towards everything. Think orcs and goblins from LotR. You think any of them dudes were trying to sell off any loot to anybody?

Lawful Evil- Evil with structure and purpose... think American politicians.

Neutral Evil- Selfish, smart, self-serving evil with no ties to anyone or anything. Operating on ones own agenda and nothing else is relevant. Good and Evil are equally despised if either stands in the way of selfish pursuits. A lot of politicians would fall into this category as well.

That's my take on evil and the guidelines I use when I try to define what sort of evil my build will pursue. Hope that's helpful.

Daelon DuLac

Well, if we slice up evil in Skyrim and assign some of those old AD&D alignments (Chaotic Evil, Lawful Evil and Neutral Evil) it kinda goes like this:

Chaotic Evil- Reckless abandon towards everything. Think orcs and goblins from LotR. You think any of them dudes were trying to sell off any loot to anybody?

Lawful Evil- Evil with structure and purpose... think American politicians.

Neutral Evil- Selfish, smart, self-serving evil with no ties to anyone or anything. Operating on ones own agenda and nothing else is relevant. Good and Evil are equally despised if either stands in the way of selfish pursuits. A lot of politicians would fall into this category as well.

That's my take on evil and the guidelines I use when I try to define what sort of evil my build will pursue. Hope that's helpful.
Okay. Nuetral evil then. Chaotic is too disorganized and without long-term purpose. Hey! Maybe Noir Gris can be the next High King! He's at least as megolomaniacal as Ulfrich, although that might be a stretch. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts