Immortal Words - Saurano Direnni

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Twiffle

back at you,, i did say politely it was an honest personal opinion,

BIGwooly

Saying 'honest personal opinion' while in the same breath accusing me of 'making up rules to look good' doesn't make it better. If it's all the same, I'd rather not get into a pointless debate over this. If you don't enjoy the journal then feel free to go read something else.

Not that it matters, but I DO follow all of the rules because I ENJOY playing this way. You should give it a try before you knock it.

BIGwooly

Sundas / Midday

This morning I left at first light, in the middle of a raging ash storm. Not surprising that I once again got lost trying to find Drulene's place. But I did finally find her again, and spoke with her about her troubles. It seems some bandits are holed up in a cave or a tomb south of her place, and they see fit to taking her guar whenever they want.

To be honest, I'm feeling like this task might be better suited to a full patrol of Redorans, instead of just me. But I can't go back to Neminda and request that without looking incapable, so it's on me to make right of this mess and gain her good graces. And hopefully, get a promotion and get myself out of Khuul for good.

I read more of this book last night, and I have some thoughts but I don't have time to share them right now. It's already midday and I don't want to lose the light as I'm searching for these thugs.

BIGwooly

Sundas / Night

I managed to find an old tomb shortly after leaving Drulene. I couldn't be certain it was the right place, but there were several guar out front so I had a feeling it might be. Still, it was an ancient ancestral tomb and one never knows what could be lurking inside.

Slowly I made my way to the door, partly to keep from startling the guar and alerting a nearby cliff racer of my presence. But partly too because I really didn't want to go inside. I want a promotion as much as the next fellow, but I don't want to lose my head in the process.

Eventually I got the courage to push the door open, and the scent of years of decay hit me like a strong wind during an ash storm. The sounds within the crypt alone made me want to turn back. But thoughts of endless days of boredom in Khuul kept me walking forward.

I went through a wooden door and found a room with urns along each wall. I took care not to touch a thing. Disturbing the dead is never a good idea. Another wooden door ahead, and I opened it. Several diseased rats sprang at me unexpectedly, but I put each of them down in short order.

Beyond the next wooden door I spotted two men. One of them spotted me and charged. I retreated, back through the passages toward the door that led outside and to the welcome smell of fresh air. But I stopped short, and decided to face the man. After all, he wasn't a ghost or ghoul, which is what I had expected to find inside. A mere man I could handle.

And handle him I did. This new mace is quite deadly with it's magical enchantment.

I returned to the inner room and faced the second man, who also didn't last terribly long against my enchanted weapon. I searched the rest of the room and found no one else, just two cots and two chests. The perfect little hideout for two bandits. Who would want to go into a tomb after them?

By now it's dark out, though, and I'm not keen on walking about during the night. So the only option is to sleep here in the tomb, which is also something I'm not keen on. But I think I'll take my chances. It's just not prudent to travel during the night in Morrowind.

BIGwooly

Morndas / Noon

No time to write much more than this. I returned to Ald'ruhn with news of the bandits' demise and Nemida immediately sent me to provide protection for an important Redoran councilor in Ald'ruhn. I have to hurry there now!

so basically you make the rules as hard as possible to look good, but we actually dont know if its true or not,, sounds fishy to me,, maybe i can make a diary up as well and look good, , sorry but this is just an honest opinion only.
Hmph. Cynical much?

Twiffle, your revenge "Bad Manners" ratings are a little childish, don't you think?

"WAAARG DISGREMANT IS BAD MANNRS"

EDIT: I don't feel like making this a triple post, so I'll edit this in. Twiffle, all you're doing is proving my point. You're butthurt that people are disagreeing with you, so you badmanners our posts. Note how your post at the top of this page have no ratings on it. We don't think of your response as something rude, or even disagreeable. You, however, are attacking others who think differently than you.

For shame, Twiffle, for shame.

BIGwooly

Can't wait for this to continue! Miss my daily read.:D

Hmmmm, a week or so ago I debated started this up again since my schedule finally opened up. Wasn't sure enough people were interested in this continuing, though.

Eriksen

I was playing morrowind earlier, which suddenly reminded me of this thread. I wondered if it was going to get updated again, and an hour or so later I get a notification that there have been replies! Spooky......

BIGwooly

BIGwooly

Morndas / Evening

What a day.

Spent last night trying to sleep in a tomb, and failed miserably. Left at first light and hiked my bones all the way back to Ald'ruhn .. half of which was through one of the worst ash storms I've ever seen. Showed up hungry and tired and hurting and Neminda barely thanked me and sent me off to Sarethi Manor to provide Athyn Sarethi protection. A plot to assassinate him had been discovered.

By the time I arrived his guards were already dead on the floor, but I managed to fight off the assassins and save Athyn's life. I took a beating, but I'll live. Neminda was pretty impressed by my success, and granted me a promotion within House Redoran. I'm now a Kinsman. She also gave me two hundred coins. Even better.

She's suggested I seek out councilors within the house for work. And that is definitely better. That means I probably won't be seeing Khuul again for some time .. if ever.

BIGwooly

Tirdas / Noon

I slept like an overworked guar last night. I didn't move a muscle all night. Woke up refreshed and ready to make things happen today.

I've spent the morning making rounds with the various councilors. Garisa Llethri proved to be a impressive man. The kind of man that could still hold his own in any fight. A bit less of a politician than the others I think. I admired this about him, and tried to flatter him in the hopes he would offer to sponsor me. Instead, I only aggravated him, and may have ruined my chances. He's probably more likely the sort that would rather me challenge him to spar than hear my words on his ears.

Athyn Sarethi, who's life I saved just a day ago, seemed like a easy bet for sponsorship. So I headed there next. But these politicians are all the same. They only think of themselves. Just a day ago, while I cleaned the brains of his assassins from my mace, he swore I could ask anything of him and he would help. Today he tells me that if I want him to sponsor me I need to retrieve his son from the confinement of another councilor .. Councilor Bolvyn Venim.

I already don't like the sound of this. I don't want to be on permanent beach patrol in Khuul, but I don't want to get stuck in the middle of a fight between councilors either. Maybe I can reason with Councilor Venim and avoid any sort of violence. And if not, then maybe Councilor Venim will sponsor me instead. Councilor Sarethi can get his son back on his own. I'm not sticking my neck out for the boy. I don't even know why he's being detained.

BIGwooly

Tirdas / Evening

Things have gotten complicated. I spoke with the remaining councilors, all of whom wanted nothing to do with me. I can't say I blame them. I'm still dressed like a common house guard. My bonemold armor is decent, but not extraordinary. I may need to consider adjusting my wardrobe to gain more respect around here.

Ultimately I found myself face to face with Councilor Venim, who .. like those before him, had no interested in speaking to me. I tried to compliment him on his grand home and his impeccable staff and his impressive armor, but in the end he just grew tired of me. So I tried a different approach, and bought my way into his good graces. For 200 drakes I got his attention and his ear. But when I brought up Councilor Sarethi's son he made it clear we had nothing to talk about. I asked again and his disposition changed noticeably.

I had no choice but to take my leave. I had irritated enough councilors for one day, and it was obvious he had no interest in speaking to me about the councilor's son.

So I left him, and as I walked back through his house my mind raced. Councilor Sarethi was the only one who even expressed remote interest in sponsoring me. But if I failed to bring him back his son that would disappear like a morning fog for sure. So on my way out I began asking about the councilor's son, avoiding all guards of course. I still don't know the details and don't need to stir up any trouble for myself.

But no one would speak of him. So I resorted to poking around and investigating on my own. Perhaps this will be my new line of work within the house. Can't say I enjoy it yet, but it still beats hanging out in a forgotten village in the middle of nowhere.

After some time I came across the guards quarters, the only area I hadn't taken a look at. I was dressed just like many of the councilor's house guards, and my helm was on ... so I was pretty confident I wouldn't raise any suspicions. And I was right. And furthermore, I think I might now know where the boy is being held. There were many rooms in the guards quarters, but one of them had a locked door with a captain posted just outside it. No doubt this is where the boy is being held. But how to free him and not get myself or him killed in the process?

I'm going to have to sleep on this.

BIGwooly

Middas / Afternoon

Sleep didn't really seem to help. Not that I could sleep much. I tossed and turned all night thinking over this dilemma. The first challenge is opening the locked door. I can't pick a lock, and wouldn't even know where to find a lockpick anyways. Not to mention the captain of the guard isn't going to just stand there and let me pick the lock. I considered purchasing a magic scroll to open the lock. But I'm not a member of the mages guild which makes that tricky. And for that matter, I don't have a lot of coins in my name at the moment.

The door is reinforced, so there's no way I'm smashing it down with my mace.

So how do I get it open?

The captain of the guard. No doubt he has a key to the door. So that's how I get it open. But how do I get the key? I could try and lift it from him, but who am I kidding? I'd never succeed at that. I'm no sneaky thief.

I can't exactly ask him for the key.

I'm going to have to take it. There's no other way. This is dirty work, and I don't like it, but it's my ticket out of Khuul. I may never get another opportunity like this. If I decline to do this I'm going back to that village for sure. And the thought of seeing those huts again makes me ill. I have to do this.

So I've visited several shops looking for useful potions. I was hoping to find a paralyze potion or a poison of some sort, but no luck there. I had to settle for some cheap health and fatigue potions, as well as a health fortification potion. I'll be honest, I'm not feeling too confident about this. The captain of the guard is no slouch from what I can tell. He's going to be a handful. I'm thinking I'll need to walk past him and then try to attack him while his back is turned. If I'm lucky I'll land a deadly strike and take the advantage. Of course, there is likely to be another guard nearby as well. If I can't finish him off before other guards arrive I'm dead for sure.

This is such a mess of a plan. But what else can I do?

The door to Venim Manor is just across the way. I'm staring at it with dread in my heart right now. If this is my last entry into this book .....

TheTactAssassin

I'm so excited! Can't wait to see what happens next! And I just wanted to let you know that you've inspired me to start my own journal as soon as I save up enough money to build my PC and get Skyrim for it! I can't thank you enough.