• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Arthur Swift-Sword

Swift. Like a Sword.
    Arthur unsheathed his Dwarven sword, its gold color giving somewhat of a glow as it left his side. He could hear someone sneaking up behind him. "Y'know your just invisible right?" Arthur spoke in an intimidating voice, turning around. "I can hear you though, and your being very loud as you step." The vampire lost focus when hearing he had been discovered, and the invisibility wore off. Arthur brought down his sword ending the vampires existence.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    Lilumae gasped in horror as everything around her felt as if it was swirving by faster than she could keep up. "No!" She shook her head, commanding herself to pull it together. "Show them what you're good at!" She whispered, encouraging herself to do what she did best.

In one palm, a beautiful white light arose, charged with electricity, eager be hurled about. In the other, a small ward shuddered ominously, waiting to be cast.
    She used the electricity first, tossing the ball of violent light at a vampire and watching in curious awe as the figure crumpled to the ground, his skin burnt to a crisp and his body sparking slightly.

"Overkill, much, kid?" Winter smirked at Lilumae, who took the response as a compliment and continued her new pattern of tossing out an electric charged mass at a monster, using her ward to protect herself while she conjured another electric charge and tossing it out again. Rinse and repeat. It was almost easy.

Winter too, made the assault look almost easy. Then again, she had acquired more practice dealing with vampires than she would ever wish on another human being.
    With adrenaline coursing through her system, Winter came alive during the first onslaught of vampiric attacks. Gripped in each hand was a beautiful scimitar. It's handle a dark aubergine shade with swirling patterns that faded into a pale violet. The length of the blade was carved with intricate swirling indents, like it's hilt, and the blade curved twice at its tip. They were obviously unique weapons, perhaps crafted solely for her.

The sound of battle cries were loud and clear as Winters allies fought bravely nearby. They would be fine. They would prevail. The beautiful woman did not show it, but she did have faith in their abilities, though more in her own.

...winter... The voice began as a whisper and seemed to rush right at her, increasing in volume until it faded out again. Winter froze, inhaling sharply.
    A nearby vampire, noticing her distracted gaze, lunged a spell at her, taking her by suprise.

"Miss Winter!" Lilumae cried out, casting a powerful ward around the woman and defending her against the magic.
    "I'm fine" She assured the girl as she launched at the vampire, decapitating him in one fell swoop.

...wiiinteer... The voice came again, only instead of distracting the woman, it infuriated her, causing her to slaughter a nearby vampire with a bit more force then necessary.

Spinning towards the source of the voice, her eyes narrowed. It was a female voice. A voice she knew far too well. The voice of a girl that lay dead and buried in the ground. Or so she should be.

Ahahahahaha~ Winter! The voice seemed to revel in taunting her, toying with her head. It laugh was sweet and child-like. The laugh of a girl Winter once knew.
    Hearing the voice, Winter spun again, her eyes straining against the darkness. For a moment, her gaze decieved her. There she stood. Young and alive again, smiling. But her eyes... something was wrong with her eyes!

"Sera..." Winter gasped and started towards the figure with her hands outstretched. The figure giggled, then promptly turned and ran off, deeper into the caves.

"Miss Winter, wait!" Lilumae called out, gripping the arm of her older ally and tugging her back.
    Could the girl have seen the vision too?! No.... if Lilumae had seen her then... she was real?

Before much else could be said, the last of the vampires in that area launched forward, Winter spun, driving both scimitars through its chest and tugging them out its sides, ripping the monster in half.
    She felt a twinge of guilt as the small girl squeaked in shock and horror.
    Best she get it out of her system now. It would only be worse from here.

Winter took a look around, making sure that none of her allies were amongst the bodies.
    "That won't be the last of them. There's always more further in." She whispered loud enough for the others to hear.
    Glancing at the new face, she tilted her head, "Can I help you?"

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    As the last of the vampires fell Edwin stepped cautiously towards the door that Winter had been looking through with such an entranced expression. She had been looking at something, although there was nothing there now. Edwin did not sheath his sword as he stood in the backround of the conversation, looking at Winter closely. She seemed to have been very disconserted by something, and Edwin didn't think it was the fight.

He looked over at Lilumae, who was standing a little behind Winter, holding onto her arm. She had done quite well in the fight, Edwin though, so he went over to her, bending down a little so as to be more on her level. "Nice job there," he said simply, and with a wink he stood back up to inspect the newcomer more closely.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    As the battle came to a close and calm returned, Simus allowed the world around him to go quiet and collect his thoughts. Five vampires lay before him, bloodied and cleaved by his blades and his bloodlust. He watched as the blood popped and crackled on his swords, the magical enchantments doing their cleansing work. After a few moments, his blades were clean once more and the rage in his throat subsided. Now aware of where he was, he could see that all eyes were upon him. The dual-wielding mage who had saved his life was standing by the two women in front of a large doorway leading further into the cave. All others were encercling him, not threatening, just curious as to why he was here. Deciding that the de facto leaders were in front of him, he stepped toward the mage.

"Thank you for your help my friend. That vampire nearly had me." Simus said to the Breton with a genuine smile. He extended his hand in thanks, then turned to the small red-headed girl.

"That was some very impressive spellwork young lady. It's not often I see such talent in one so young. Perhaps later you could tell me where you learned to cast like that?" Simus said, keeping an exterior of calm approval but amazed at what he just saw. The last time he saw someone so young perform such incredible feats of magic was when he was her age, casting spells most of the local adults couldn't cast themselves and didn't really appreciate coming from an twelve year old boy.

He then turned to the leather-clad young woman in front of there and it was here that he grew concerned. This woman was just as experienced at fighting vampires as he if not more and thus had nothing to fear from these paltry vampires but something beyond that hallway had clearly shaken her.

"Can I help you?" She asked.

"I could as you the same thing m'lady. You look like you've just seen an old ghost and I suspect there's more to it than killing a few vampires. Are you alright?" Simus asked her, genuinely concerned, weaving a weak pacify spell into his words to try and calm her down.

R'alle

young but able
    R'alle heard fighting down the corridor. He leaped over the hounds and went through the door. As soon as he was on the other side he pushed the door closed. He heard scratching and growling on the other side. He giggled, he knew the dogs couldn't open the door. He turned and bumped into someone. The dark figure put a finger on R'alle's lips. R'alle nodded. another figure walked over and whispered. "They're coming to us, keep the cat quiet until they round this corner." "Where's Sera?" "I'm not sure just don't let the humans get to our stock."
    R'alle sat his back against the wall. He thought to himself I must help.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    As the others conversed Edwin stood back looking into the darkness of the other doorway. He didn't like just standing around in such a dangerous place. They may have killed a dozen vampires, but he was shure there was plenty more in this gods forsaken cave.

While looking down the hall Edwin thought he heard the creek of a door and the snarl of some dogs. Thinking they were about to be attacked again he redied his sword, but when nothing came towards him he frowned. Edwin decided to recast his detect life spell to see if there was any creatures coming towards them. It was not powerful enough to detect the living dead but it was the best he coud do. As he put his hand to his forehead his eyes once again glowed a soft blue and he saw several dark blue shades moving about his enhanced vision. There were two dogs, but by their movements he guessed they were locked in a room somewere. Then there was one more figure, a smaller one that appeared to be being dragged along by some invisible thing.

"My friends," Edwin said slowly, interupting whatever conversation they had been having, "I think we should move quickly. The vampires have hostiges and they are moving deeper into the caves."

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Jeroo-Shei looked over at the two men that stole his prey from him, he was thankful that they wished to assist him, but selfishly upset that he didn't get to slaughter those lesser-vampires. He looked at the imperial that shouted towards him and said bluntly, "I'm fine, thanks." so he could at least show his gratitude. He didn't have to yell because he said that right after the time Edwin struck down the Vampire behind him, after that the battle was temporarily over.

He heard the soft chilling voice whisper out, "...winter...". Most vampires could here eachother easily over mortals when they talked, so it was easy for him to hear Sera's whispering while the others couldn't. Jeroo-Shei ignored the strange voice, but watched Winter decapitate the vampire. Such skill, such grace, he was impressed, and glad he wasn't among those vampires. He mumbled to himself in awe after watching that, "By the hist...!" while he was still watching Winter, he heard that voice again, however, it was the last time the voice whispered, then it faded away after giggling. He then saw a shocked look on Winter's face. He had no clue what was happening, but shrugged it off and moved on.

He heard Edwin say, "My friends, I think we should move quickly. The vampires have hostiges and they are moving deeper into the caves." Jeroo-Shei turned his head towards him and nodded. All of the sudden, in the distance, the Vampire Jeroo-Shei paralyzed got back up, the poison wore off. The Vampire got up, enraged at what had happened. He looked around and pulled the Ebony Bolt from the back of his neck and held it closer to his face to examine it. "An ebony crossbow bolt..." he said to himself as he analyzed the bolt. He continued to gaze around the dark cave, piercing through the shadows with his night vision. His eyes finally rested upon Jeroo-Shei's crossbow, sheathed on his back. The Vampire squinted angrily and growled to himself. Then he picked up his sword and ran over towards Jeroo-Shei.

Jeroo-Shei heard footsteps and turned around, he saw the thin-blood running towards him with the night vision of his own. He quickly pulled out his Katar and prepared for combat. The vampire swung his sword at Jeroo-Shei with much strength, but the Argonian blocked it with the Katar. The momentum of the intense swing knocked Jeroo-Shei on the ground. Just as Jeroo-Shei was about to get up, the Vampire leaped towards him and tackled him into a dark corner, pinning him down on the ground and causing him to bump the back of his head on one of the rocks in the cave, in fact, the bump was so hard it made his head bleed slightly through the cloth of his hood.

The group catched notice to Jeroo's absence, some of them unsheathed their swords, but they couldn't see what was happening due to the corner both Jeroo-Shei and the Vampire were in being so dark. The Vampire whispered to Jeroo-Shei while he was pinning him on the ground, "Why?...oh why do you wish to help these...mortals?! You're one of us! You belong with us!" Jeroo-Shei laughed and said, "Hah! Join you?! An uncivilized rabble of feral thin-bloods living in a cave trying to impersonate the Volkihar?! I am much more ancient than you, much more intelligent as well. Even helping out a few mortals isn't as demoralizing as joining you!" The conversation sounded like mumbling to the group, they couldn't understand it, but were confused and the ones that held their weapons out, gripped them tighter. The Vampire became enraged at Jeroo-Shei's rude remark, and pressed his fists against his throat, saying, "You're going to choke on your words, lizard!" Jeroo-Shei laughed loudly at this foolish attempt to harm him, his chuckle was the only thing the group could understand from the conversation, "This alone gives me another reason to not join you. You're so stupid you don't even understand your own kind! Undead don't breathe air, you dimwitted piece of plops!"

The Vampire was furious, he raised his fist and was about to bash Jeroo-Shei's face into the rock his head was laying on. But just as soon as the blow was about to land onto Jeroo's Argonian snout, he vanished into thin air. The Vampire was confused at what happened, opening his hands and looking at both palms.
    "Where did he go?!" said the confounded vampire. Jeroo-Shei then reappeared behind the vampire with his body standing straight up, but his visual was covered in a magical black shadowy aura that blended in perfectly with the shadows of the cave, only his eyes were visible. Jeroo-Shei broke a part off of a small stalactite and used that for a substitute for his katar, which was about a good 14 feet away from him being tackled. The vampire turned around, not even his night vision could pierce through Jeroo-Shei's shadow cloak, but he did notice his eyes. He tried to get up and attack the shadowy argonian, but it was too late, within two seconds of him turning around, the stalactite's point was already lodged deep within his heart.

Jeroo-Shei's shadow cloak faded, then he dragged the vampires corpse out of the dark corner, revealing himself from the shadows in the process. The stalactite within his chest was easily visible, and so was the blood leaking from it. The whole group had shocked faces. He heard Edwin ask, "What happened?" Jeroo-Shei then dropped the corpse and walked over to the Katar he dropped, he picked it up and placed it back on his thigh. He looked over towards Edwin after that, and answers his question about ten seconds late, "Just some unfinished business...."

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    Winter narrowed her eyes at the stranger who spoke, however, she did not grow angry as she normally would, likely due to the pacify spell that he wove and she, unknowingly succumbed to.
    "I'm fine. It is nothing to concern yourself with. We need to keep moving." In all honesty, she wanted to chase that shadow as soon as possible.

There was no way that could be Sera.
    Sera was dead.
    Sera had been buried by Winters very own hands.
    But what if Winter hadn't paid close enough attention to the wounds on her sisters presumably lifeless body? What if Sera was alive?
    Gods! Could she have buried her own sister alive?! No. No! She wasn't breathing! She was cold!
    She was dead. There was no denying it. Winter had watched the light flee her eyes. She watched Sera breathe her last breath.
    There was no way that little girl could have survived!

Unless...

"I think we should move quickly. The vampires have hostiges and they are moving deeper into the caves." She heard Edwin speak and the sound was enough to jostle her attention back at him. She nodded his way and started towards the corridor that led deeper into the cave.

"Agreed, let's keep moving!" She shouted, waving an arm for the group to push onward.

"You left me there alone... sister."

Winter froze, trying to hide her tense frame, which was easy in the dark of the cavern. She let a few others in the group pass her by, feigning concern, to make sure all was accounted for.

"You buried me in the ground."
    Winter inhaled sharply and winced. This had to be an illusion!

"I was so cold... so cold."

Winter looked around again, trying to find the source. Where was the voice coming from?!

"But then the cold went away. And suddenly the Darkness around me became the Darkness inside me. They dug me up. They brought me back. They told me the truth."

Winter wanted to scream. She wanted to press her palms against her ears to make the voice stop. Why was this happening?! What did she want?! Who were 'they'?!

"It was your fault. You promised to protect me from the monsters. You said we'd never see the Darkness again. Now I AM the darkness. And you're the monster, Winter.
    You deserve to be gobbled up."

'It wasn't my fault!' Winter wanted to scream. But she knew better. She knew she had to hold her tongue. The idea though, began forming itself in her mind. Could it really be true? Could her little sister be a vampire? Could the monsters have come and dug up her body and dragged her back to an abominable half-life? If so... Why?
    'Why didn't they let you rest in peace?!' She bit her tongue until it nearly bled. Forcing her vocal cords into silence.

As painstaking as it was, Winter held her tongue and continued onward with the rest of the group, with the sound of dead girls laughter ringing in her ears.

Up ahead, with nervous glances back at Winter, Lilumae continued onward.
    She was obviously worried about the woman. Winter seemed off ever since they'd set foot in this place. She wanted to share her concerns with the others but didn't wish to cause any problems for her female friend.

With a pause, she waited up for Winter, following in step beside her, smiling encouragingly.
    Winter smiled back, but it looked as if her eyes went right through her.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    The little girl said nothing to Simus as he complimented her on her spellwork but she did give him a beaming smile to express her thanks. Perhaps the battle had shaken her too much to speak or perhaps she wasn't used to being complimented so highly for a talent she was probably shunned for. Either way, a smile was all she could manage and Simus was okay with this given the circumstances. He smiled back and gave her a soft pat on the head, rubbing his fingers through her strange and beautiful red-pink hair. He then turned to the older woman, who had now responded to his question. He knew from the look on her face that her response was a lie, but the pacify spell had done its calming work and he figured this would have to do for now.

"I think we should move quickly. The vampires have hostages and they are moving deeper into the caves." The young dual wielding Breton said to the rest of the group.

"Agreed, let's keep moving!" The older woman said back.

"Not so fast friends." Simus said, halting the group before they could move too far ahead. "We can't rush blindly into those chambers expecting to slaughter all in our path. What we just faced was a gang of hot-headed newborns who were too eager for our blood to fight properly. In fact they were probably sword fodder for whomever is the head of this coven, sent in one massive wave to test our strength and resolve. Now they know that we're to be reckoned with and they'll have their oldest and most seasoned kin lying in wait, and I guarantee you they will be much, much more dangerous than this paltry lot. We'll be slaughtered if we just run in there. Plus, we had a tactical advantage in the form of one narrow route to defend. That advantage will be reversed in the coming fight."

Simus paused to catch his breath. That battle had taken more out of him than he realized.

"Now, I propose that a small group of us, let's say no more than four, scout ahead and collect as much information as possible. Everyone else should stay here and be ready to provide support in case things go sour or, if all goes well, be filled in on what lies ahead upon the team's return. Being the newcomer, I'd be happy to volunteer."

Simus glanced over at the young woman whom he calmed, hoping for her support of his proposal. He only saw her face for a moment before she turned to the smiling little girl, but what he saw worried him. He knew she had lied to him when she said all was well, but she looked as if she were ready to scream. The iron lock her jaw was making, the tightening of every muscle in her body, the clear sorrow in her eyes, this girl was fighting some personal daemon and using all her might to retain composure.

she looks a lot like you the last time you did this Simus thought to himself. This place had awoken his own memories of that terrible day. This was the last thing he needed right now, but it was too late. Old thoughts began to pool in the back of his mind.

He had tried to forget. He had tried so hard to forget.

Something was terribly wrong here.

Beating the memories back, he walked toward the young woman, still deep in her own thoughts. He gently put his hands on her shoulders and turned her to face him. His eyes did their best to tell her that whatever she was feeling, she wasn't alone.

"Why don't you come with me m'lady." Simus said, "You look eager to be off."

He then turned toward the rest of the group and addressed them. "I need two more volunteers. Who's with me?"

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin looked to the Imperial as he ran them through his plan. He was impressed at the mans intelegence and tactical knowledge, knowing that most adventerers where far to reckless. When the man asked for volunteers to scout out the tunnels further Edwin stepped forward, "A excelent idea my friend, I am with you."

He held up his hand and clenched his fist. A glowing green light pulsed around it, and moved quickly down his arm. As the light passed by Edwins body vanished. "I have abilities that may be useful in such an endevor," Edwins voice said from next to the Imperial and he reapeared.

He held out is hand to the man, "I'm Edwin by the way. Master mage at your service." He shot a sly look at Einarr as he said the last part, grinning.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    "Well met Edwin." Simus said, accepting the boy's greeting with a hearty handshake. "Invisibility is a tricky spell to master, especially for a boy your age. I have yet to do it myself. You should be proud." he said with a grin. "And I see you also know how to use those blades of yours. I suppose we'll see how quiet you can stay. More so than that vampire I hope." he said with a chuckle, gesturing to the vampire Edwin had detected. Simus was concerned about his pride, but the boy had proven he could handle himself and that was good enough for him.

"That's one. How about you Master Argonian? Care to put that teleportation spell to good use? Oh yes, I noticed your little trick against that vampire you were scuffling with."

Simus then turned to the rest of the adventurers. "By the way, I should let you all know that I'm a Stormcloak Officer and I've got a squad holding position outside. If they come in yelling 'Commander' or 'Ice-Veins', they're looking for me."

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    "How about you, master Argonian? Care to put that teleportation spell to good use? Oh yes, I noticed your little trick against that vampire you were scuffling with." said the newcomer within the cave. Jeroo-Shei turned around, he thought it was somewhat funny that he was called "master" when he used to be a slave. Nevertheless he answered Simus' question, he turned his head around towards Simus and said, "I'll come along. By the way, my name is Jeroo-Shei". He was worried that Simus wouuld have seen a little more than the trick he used against the vampire, that he would've heard the conversation and his secret would've been revealed. He wasn't too awfully worried though, this crowd seemed to be open minded, considering an Imperial was a Stormcloak captain.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    Winters gaze swept across her allies. Quite suddenly, she felt... well, tired.
    As if all the life had been drained out of her. As if there was no going back.

"Why don't you come with me m'lady." Simus said, "You look eager to be off."

Winter gave a weak nod, she didn't have much to say, especially to yet another stranger.
    All she desired was to chase after what may or may not be an illusion.

"I don't particularly feel like standing around. So, if we're done here...?" Winter trailed off suggestively.

"May I go too?" Lilumae, who had been quiet for some time, finally spoke up, glancing more at Simus than the others, since it was his suggestion to split the group.

"I don't want to leave Miss Winter" Lilumae lowered her voice and tugged on Simus sleeve, waiting for him to kneel to her level so she could whisper in his ear. She made sure not to glance at Winter while she said this, not wanting the older woman to catch on to her concern.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin looked to Winter with some concern, she seemed to have seen something that had disturbed her greatly. She was not acting at all like herself, she kept staring off into nothingness and talked in a kind of dazed, half awake voice.

Edwin decided she needed to snap out of it or she might get hurt. He tried to provoke her into acting more like herself. "Whats the matter Winter?" Edwin asked with a grin, "These vampires to much for you? Perhaps you should just go back to Markarth and tell the Jarl you are afraid to fight vampires." He felt bad saying the words, but Winter needed to focus or she would endanger them all.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    Winter barely glanced at Edwin, her usual fire and roar dulled down to a much meeker growl.
    "I can handle myself just fine. But if you're frightened, Edwin, don't let me be the one to stop you from leaving." Her words held no malice that one would expect from them. If anything, they sounded emotionless, as if her heart and mind were entirely someplace else.

Lilumae looked to Winter with fear and worry in her gaze.
    What had she seen down that dark corridor? Who did that voice belong to? And why hadn't anyone else heard it? Or if they had heard it, why didn't they say anything? Adults were so confusing!

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    At Winters response to his taunt, Edwins face grew serious. There was something very wrong with Winters behavior, perhaps she was possesed? Edwin had heard that vampires could do such things. He shruged his shoulders, feigning uncaringness, "Oh I'm perfectly alright, just looking out for my fellows. Much to late to turn back now anyways."

Arthur Swift-Sword

Swift. Like a Sword.
    Arthur looked at Winter. Something seemed...off. "Well...we should...keep moving." Arthur suggested. He unsheathed his sword and stood by the pathway. "After you..." he said nodding towards the entryway.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Simus observed the group, looking into their eyes to gauge their condition. Making sure everyone was focused and battle ready. It was an old habit he learned in the Legion and one that had served him well in the Stormcloaks. Observing the men under his command, looking for unusual signs of fear or doubt and being able to deal with it before battle was joined. Anyone who was too scared or too eager to be effective would be pulled aside and Simus would counsel them enough to get them focused. An inappropriate frame of mind gets men killed and Simus didn't need another reason to get blood on his hands. War provides more than enough already.

This group, he could see, was getting restless. Winter's condition had not gone unnoticed and the fear that something was wrong was spreading. His subgroup needed to move now and provide some answers for the rest of the group.

"May I go too?" The little girl asked Simus, obviously concerned about splitting up the group.She gave a tug on Simus' left gauntlet and prompted him to lower to her level. He took an knee and allowed her to whisper in his ear.

"I don't want to leave Miss Winter" She whispered in his ear. HE turned to look into her face. Her name was Lilume, wasn't it? Yes, the other woman, Miss Winter as she called her, had shouted her name earlier in the battle to avoid danger. As Simus looked into Lilume's eyes, she saw that she cared a great deal about Winter and that the prospect of being separated terrified her. Even so, he couldn't justify taking a child into a combat zone, regardless of how talented she was.

"Your name's Lilume, right?" Simus asked. "I'm sorry, but you can't come with us. We can't risk a child on this mission."

Lilume nodded to Simus, indicating that that was indeed her name, but as soon as Simus finished his sentence, the look on Lilume's face made him instantly regret it. Whatever he had just said had hurt her more deeply than a vampire's fangs ever could.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    Winter narrowed her eyes at the small gasp she heard escape Lilumaes lips.
    "I-I'm not a child!" Lilumae protested, her voice crackling slightly with hurt, but before she could say more, Winter had spun on her heel, facing Simus with an angry glare and closing the distance between them in two long strides.

She jabbed a finger against his armored chest and resisted the urge to spit in his face for such words.
    Who the hell did he think he was?! Wanting Lilumae to stay behind?! After all she'd done for us! He didn't know anything! He didn't see how hard she tried, how obviously she wanted to prove her worth. He just saw her as a child, like everyone else.

"She comes with us and it's not your call. This is our group and she's a part of it. You think you get to waltz in and take control over us?! We don't even know who you are! You could be leading us into a trap! I don't give a damn who's army you're a part of or what team you lead, but if you want to be a part of this then you better get with the god damn program! Lilumae is as much a member of this party as anyone else, and you'd do well to remember that!"

The old fire seemed to spread back into Winters voice as she roughly shoved past Simus and took Lilumaes hand. "Come on. You go where I go. We're in this together. You don't get left behind."

Lilumae blinked a few times and followed Winter, surprised that she seemed back to normal, at least for the time being.
    Turning back with Lilumae in tow, Winter added one last thing, her temper cooling as she returned to her normal self.
    "Come or go, that's not my problem, but don't think you call the shots. I'm not saying I'm in charge, but I am saying that you're not."

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Winter's words left Simus completely dumbstruck, but they didn't hurt nearly as much as the tears welling in Lilume's eyes. The same tears that he himself had cried so many times before when he was a boy. He remembered what it felt like now: constant rejection for a gift he neither asked for nor could get rid of, harsh words every time he tried to make amends, receiving only fists and malice every time he tried to defend himself. This girl didn't even have parents to help sooth the pain. Present company excluded, she was all alone.

how could I have forgotten Simus thought to himself. nice going genius, you've become the very thing you swore to stand up against.

Simus went over to Lilume, braving winter's already smoldering anger, and hugged her.

"I'm so sorry." Simus whispered in her ear, holding her close but being sure to keep her between himself and Winter, doing his best to show her that he meant the girl no harm. "That was a terrible thing to say." his voice shaking with guilt and past sorrows. "Sweetheart you are indeed a child, but you have the fight of a hundred men in you. You've proven that today without a doubt, and it was unforgivable of me to take that away from you. I was just like you when I was your age, too smart for the world around me, and I was treated like a daedroth for it. In fact, the real reason I joined the legion over thirty years ago wasn't because the Thalmor invaded Cyrodill or because I wanted to fight in The Great War. It was to find a place to be accepted."

He then released her from his firm but gentile grip and placed his hands on her shoulders, his one good eye pleading for forgiveness and wet with tears. "I've forgotten what that feels like and I've made you suffer for it. I won't ask for your forgiveness because I don't deserve it. All I ask as for the opportunity to guide you and Winter through this cave, so that the others might have safer passage before undeath takes them. As Talos as my witness, I swear to protect both of you. May Oblivion take me if I fail. What say you Lilume the Brave, will you have me?"