• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
So, since I ran across the barrow and the Stormcloaks awaiting the finding of the Jagged Crown Quest, while making my way cross country, I decided to help out, although I really don't care about Ulfrich or his damned "High King" thing, or his cause for that matter. Of course I ended up killing many bandits, Imperials and quite a few Stormcloaks as well before I realized where I was (funny that none of the Stormcloaks left even seemed to notice).

Getting the crown was easy, as was giving it to Ulfrich (I know, I know, I should have held on to it because it increases armor so much, but I didn't) but now I'm supposed to take some damned Ax to my Jarl in Whiterun.

Is that going to start the Civil War Questline? If so, I'm not going to bother right now.

Thanks! Just asking.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
It would be the first battle of the Civil War Questline.

JClarke1953

The Axe is an open challenge from Jarl to Jarl. Most of the time, it was to face each other in combat, alone with a few soldier's watching.

In this case, it's a signal from Ulrich to Whiteruns Jarl that he'd better prepare for a fight.

Saozig

Hippy
Yeah, the Civil War questline starts when you inquire about joining one of the other side. http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Quests_(Skyrim)#Civil_War_quests

If you have a save where you still have the Jagged Crown in your inventory, you can switch sides--I only learned about this recently, but you can go to the opposing side's leader and present him with the Jagged Crown and you will effectively join their side. This is the only time you can switch sides after you've taking the oath.

Either way, the Civil War QL in your game is started. Sorry. I just finished the Stromcloaks QL even though I don't like Ulfric, and I have to say, despite the battles themselves being pretty cool, I hated ousting Jarl Balgruuf and found the final part with Tullius depressing (because he's very likely right--but no spoilers). My character Vroggi is a pretty sad and disillusion Nord now, and is questioning if it was worth it. I don't like a number of undoable changes that happen with either side when you progress in the Civil War QL, but I found the Imperial side easier to stomach (I'm nto a fan of either side, and most of my character haven't bothered with teh Civil War at all--although I praise Bethesda for giving us such a realistically difficult moral quagmire). I don't think I'll ever play the Stormcloak side again.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts