• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I have a question regarding making perks Legendary. I read a while back that if you shift 3 or more perks into Legendary status, the games difficulty will intensify and random encounters in the wild will occur more frequently. That would be great but I can't seem to find anything else on the subject to confirm this claim.

Anyone else ever heard of this?

Indri Master

Dremora
No. That information is false, as far as I know. You can't 'make perk Legendary.' You can make skills Legendary but not perks. Making your skill legendary doesn't change the difficulty, but they added a level of difficulty higher than Master called Legendary. I'm pretty sure you've got yourself confused between the two.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
No. That information is false, as far as I know. You can't 'make perk Legendary.' You can make skills Legendary but not perks. Making your skill legendary doesn't change the difficulty, but they added a level of difficulty higher than Master called Legendary. I'm pretty sure you've got yourself confused between the two.

No, I wasn't confused. It was a very clear point the author was making but it must have been bogus because I've never seen any indication of a difficulty spike. I wish I had the link to the article because he even went as far as to warn players about having too many skills set to Legendary as it might make the game too difficult. His advice was to shift no more that two skills into Legendary, implying that three was some magic number in which the game would intensify.

Just as well, I didn't feel like going through the trouble anyway. Thanks.

The only other thing I can think is that he said that to warn players about using legendary status to grind levels, putting your overall level higher than what is manageable during normal play. Maybe I mixed up that point.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
From what I have read, going legendary in a skill does not change the intensity of the game. But levelling up, because of those legendary skills will definitely intensify the game play. Like, enemies can deal out more damage, and you will encounter more higher levelled enemies (normal draugr will be replaced by a deathlord..that kind of thing) etc...