• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Well, I decided to play through Dawnguard for the thirdish time, and stopped to sniff the flowers. Then, out of nowhere, this happens.

...my family's home is over by Solitude...

Which makes no sense because...

Cyrodyll is the seat of an Empire now?

Which is even stranger because Solitude is a strictly Imperial city, with Imperial buildings and structures. Solitude literally did not exist when Serana was locked up.

Mind-fl*ffery.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Solitude as-it-exists-now may not have looked the same, but it's not without reason that the city has seen many changes, including being re-built, over thousands of years but remains in the same location.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Solitude as-it-exists-now may not have looked the same, but it's not without reason that the city has seen many changes, including being re-built, over thousands of years but remains in the same location.

I was thinking the same thing. Could have only been a small village/town during that time.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Yeah since it was a Port town that doesn't get all that ice like Windhelm or Dawnstar it would have made more money through import and export and would of changed as more people came.

Adrius

I was thinking the same thing. Could have only been a small village/town during that time.

And yet she mentions the Windmill. Windmills do not last thousands of years. Also, her mother's laboratory is filled with books from the early third era.

To me, it looks like the timeline fits entirely for her being from the late second or early third era, except ONE throwaway line about "Wut, there's an empire?"

Jersey Dagmar

And yet she mentions the Windmill. Windmills do not last thousands of years. Also, her mother's laboratory is filled with books from the early third era.

To me, it looks like the timeline fits entirely for her being from the late second or early third era, except ONE throwaway line about "Wut, there's an empire?"

And people can rebuild Windmills, so what's your point? If a windmill was successful in that spot long ago, the people living there would have kept the upkeep on it and built new ones when the time came.

Adrius

And people can rebuild Windmills, so what's your point? If a windmill was successful in that spot long ago, the people living there would have kept the upkeep on it and built new ones when the time came.

My point (hey no need to be hostile good sir) is that her surprise at there being an empire may not be specific to there ever having been an empire at all.

My guess is that she's from the late second era. In the first half of the second era, the Second Empire (that being the Reman Empire, the first being the Alessian Empire) was led by the Akaviri potentates. Upon the assassination of Savirien-Chorak, the last potentate, the empire collapsed entirely. This period is known as the Interregnum. The empire was no more and this period was characterized by bickering between separate kingdoms.

It was not until five centuries later that Tiber Septim conquered and united Tamriel once again, founding the Third Empire.

I find the timeline makes a lot more sense if we place her as going into Dimhollow some time in the mid to late Second Era.

Jersey Dagmar

My point (hey no need to be hostile good sir) is that her surprise at there being an empire may not be specific to there ever having been an empire at all.

My guess is that she's from the late second era. In the first half of the second era, the Second Empire (that being the Reman Empire, the first being the Alessian Empire) was led by the Akaviri potentates. Upon the assassination of Savirien-Chorak, the last potentate, the empire collapsed entirely. This period is known as the Interregnum. The empire was no more and this period was characterized by bickering between separate kingdoms.

It was not until five centuries later that Tiber Septim conquered and united Tamriel once again, founding the Third Empire.

I find the timeline makes a lot more sense if we place her as going into Dimhollow some time in the mid to late Second Era.

I'll be however I want to be. She isn't aware of an Empire. So what? It's such a minor thing to get worked up over.