• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Personally, I can't stand her. I usually keep her in Breezehome until I reach level 30 and it's time to get that armor. (Most of you should know what I'm talking about ;) ) Then after that quest, I have a nice quiet house without some creeper watching me sleep.

I don't understand everyone's obsession with marrying Lydia. There's way hotter NPC's you guys. Someone, please, enlighten me?

Personally, I don't understand the obsession with marrying any one in a game.

The benefits aren't great (better than none at all though, I guess) but the interaction with your spouse always feels so hollow. If they patch it so that there's more interaction, then I am all for it. This is the same problem I had with marriage in the Fable series. It felt too gimmicky for my taste.

That's my personal opinion though.

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
Well, my first playthrough she was the follower that was rather hard to kill. didnt need a replacement until later, but i guess its just that chick who fights for you, who looks good in armor, and while Aela is hot i can imagine she smells like a dog... while muiri is a cutie, i mean u have to (spoiler) kill her ex to be with her...
mjoll has that other guy as a pet, camilla is a hoe, all the chicks form the temple of dibella wear those not-so-sexy robes, ysolda has a fetish for cats, all the other housecarls it feels like youre settling, cuz ur simply buying the house... after helping a few people around town. theres the miner girl from shor's stone but she looks dirty... so really I just dont know. all the other chicks include dark elves who an be hot but ehhh, and old ladies and other female followers like Uthgard who can shove a fist up ur piehole.

Lydia is the chick who you dont care about too much until she grows on u. Watches u sleep, whines when she carries ur crap, but swings at the first Giant Spider or Ugly Falmer who threatens u.

...personally. I'd have a wife in every hold if u ask me. ;)

Tosh Raka

Personally, I don't understand the obsession with marrying any one in a game.

The benefits aren't great (better than none at all though, I guess) but the interaction with your spouse always feels so hollow. If they patch it so that there's more interaction, then I am all for it. This is the same problem I had with marriage in the Fable series. It felt too gimmicky for my taste.

That's my personal opinion though.

hehehe "more interaction"

...You wake up feeling REALLY well rested"

Zappus

I never got attached to her. She was a mean of getting through in tough situations but her coments were never much fun. At one point i got tired of her and told her to go home. Now we awkwardly meet in breezehome and I'm honestly thinking of asking the jarl to kick her out!
If he'll disagree, then i heard bothema is looking for sarcrifices...

In any case Serena(or whatever it is) is a much better wife candidate.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Funny thing there is that I'm pretty sure Jordis and Lydia have the exact same face and hairstyle, only with different hair and makeup colors.
Both their hairstyle and their facial features are different.

I think that her popularity as a marriage choice is overstated, and I do think that the obsession of some players with marrying her stemmed from the fact that she was apparently supposed to be marriable but wasn't for a long time due to an oversight on the part of the developers.

I don't marry in Skyrim because I can't find someone that the looks enough like my wife. (insert normal nerd comebacks about it being a video game here) But I get attached to characters in games that come early on (Minsc and Boo thank you James Ohlen) so I can kinda understand it, plus I like characters that have slightly snarky remarks they seem more real.

Tosh Raka

Well I suppose my next play through is going to be a gay Breton. Anyone has a suggestion on a strong man to marry? Preferably a nord cuz those baby blues can be so dreamy

Unit7

oh my goodness.... see this is it. You guys act like there aren't dozens of NPC's you could marry, and with that, you have mods if youre on PC so I am sure you could make yourself the perfect husand/wife....So what if she if your first! In real life, hardly anyone ever stays with their firsts because they end up being douches to begin with, and for those that do, yay have a cookie! just saying Lydia is not that great, imo

I am completely aware there are a ton of different characters I could marry. None of them really seem all that interesting. The ones that I would marry can't be married... Oh Vex. You and me could have infiltrated so many places together.(totally not dirty)

Although I once considered Aela. But then I got this crazy story in my head how they do become lovers but after my dragonborn does the Ill Met By Moonlight things get a bit rocky with the whole werewolf thing. Never quite felt right marrying her afterwards.

Camilla... well I am never quite sure if the whole golden claw dialogue would be removed. Because. Yeah entering that store and having to hear it is enough for me.

Of course Ysolda might be interesting. I hear if you kill the owner of the Bannered Mare... or if she were to die for whatever reason, Ysolda will become the owner... I wonder what happens if you marry her then? Hell you'd end up with 3 properties within Whiterun. Ysolda's old house, Bannered Mare, and Breezehome. Of course you could also say that the Jorrvasker is yours aswell... But our marriage would be out of greed... but be fun to go to nazeem and be like "yeah dude... I own like half of Whiterun now. So... bye."

I suppose Mjoll would be interesting. Hmm... always disappointed I couldn't join her in her fight against the Thieves guild. but then again it probably just consist of you saying "Oh look I got this key to the Cistern... why don't you go down and kill everyone?" which would sorta just be lame.

Hmm... oh screw it. I really don't really care who I end up marrying. Marriage in skyrim is just a cheap way to sell your junk and get 100 gold everyday.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I think Lydia's sarcasm is funny. At least she has the "balls" to let the Dragonborn know exactly how she feels. Many of the other followers are too white/black or kiss-ass. Btw, when I say white/black I'm talking about their personality. The demand from the fans to make her available for marriage was undeniable. A lot of people like Lyds.

I wouldn't ever marry Lydia though, because I see the relationship between her and the Dragonborn as more professional.

Raven

I see the relationship as professional too. I've been trying to get her killed but she just will not die LOL
A giant hit her yesterday, she flew off screen so I assumed she was dead. I killed the giant, started walking back to Whiterun and I hear footsteps behind me.....it was her

I just got so used to her carbo loading in my living room that everytime I came home after she died a little part of me died inside.(;

Tosh Raka

hey guys this thread (thanks to you rekamennos) got me to writing my short post in fan fiction... haha if you guys are interested, take a peek! its a short piece and just a letter, but I hope you enjoy!

Letter from lydia

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
I am completely aware there are a ton of different characters I could marry. None of them really seem all that interesting. The ones that I would marry can't be married... Oh Vex. You and me could have infiltrated so many places together.(totally not dirty)
It's dirty and it's not at the same time yay! But there needs to be more marriage options for people who you actually interact with. Most seem rather pointless and just, well there for the sake of marriage.
Unit7 said:
Although I once considered Aela. But then I got this crazy story in my head how they do become lovers but after my dragonborn does the Ill Met By Moonlight things get a bit rocky with the whole werewolf thing. Never quite felt right marrying her afterwards.
Well depends if you kill the wolf or not really. Though the ring could be a jealousy thing.
Unit7 said:
Camilla... well I am never quite sure if the whole golden claw dialogue would be removed. Because. Yeah entering that store and having to hear it is enough for me.
I know what you mean there. I only do that quest for the early start up gold. But I hate being reminded about that when months later, and after doing so much else, that's all they have to talk about? Really?
Unit7 said:
Of course Ysolda might be interesting. I hear if you kill the owner of the Bannered Mare... or if she were to die for whatever reason, Ysolda will become the owner... I wonder what happens if you marry her then? Hell you'd end up with 3 properties within Whiterun. Ysolda's old house, Bannered Mare, and Breezehome. Of course you could also say that the Jorrvasker is yours aswell... But our marriage would be out of greed... but be fun to go to nazeem and be like "yeah dude... I own like half of Whiterun now. So... bye."
Do it. Nazeem needs to be shown up.
Unit7 said:
I suppose Mjoll would be interesting. Hmm... always disappointed I couldn't join her in her fight against the Thieves guild. but then again it probably just consist of you saying "Oh look I got this key to the Cistern... why don't you go down and kill everyone?" which would sorta just be lame.
If you had a short quest line with crushing the guild that would be cool.
Unit7 said:
Hmm... oh screw it. I really don't really care who I end up marrying. Marriage in skyrim is just a cheap way to sell your junk and get 100 gold everyday.
Don't forget the Achievement/Trophy! That's the only reason I got married.

Clau

The Fateless One

Xivia4

On my first play through I never really cared for Lydia. Didn't hate or love her. She was simply there. With my second character I've taken a liking to her. We've fought dragons, dragon priests, draugr, chaurus, etc... and yet the woman just doesn't die.