• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jagd

Hi guys. Just wondering which followers WON'T attack me when I transform into a werewolf? Kinda sick of being attacked by my follower

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
This is from MY experience (It may not be 100% accurate):

Those that will NOT attack while in form:
Companions (WerewolfFaction)
Housecarls
Hirelings (I tried it with... Stenvar I think his name was)
Certain quest NPCs from DLC's (don't want to give any spoilers)

Those that WILL:
Companions (Those no longer in WerewolfFaction, i.e., cured.)
Guards
General NPCs
Certain quest NPCs from vanilla game and DLC's (temporary followers like in Laid to Rest, from my experience)

Sometimes Housecarls or hirelings will attack you. I think it's due to moral standings, I'm not 100% sure. I've never had a Housecarl attack me nor have I been attacked by a Hireling.

Which follower is attacking you? That's what I'm wondering.

Dabiene Caristiana

If Farkas and Vilkas are cured, then they will attack due to no longer being part of the Companions Werewolf Faction. If they are still werewolves then it might be a bug.

Faendal has a moral of 3: NO CRIME

When you turn into a werewolf in front of guards you automatically gain a 1000 bounty in that specific hold. Therefore it is a high crime (on par with murdering someone since you gain a 1000 bounty if you do kill someone with witnesses).

Since Faendal has a no crime moral rating then he would attack. From what I've seen people with the moral rating of 3 are on par with acting like guards but are not part of the guard faction obviously (they wouldn't take you to jail.)

Does that make sense? :)

Dabiene Caristiana

Nope, she won't attack unless you provoke her :p In other words like other followers if you hit her enough times she'll attack but she can take quite a few hits from you before she gets mad.

Jagd

Ok thanks...what moral number would a follower need to not attack me whatever crime i commit?

Dabiene Caristiana

As I said, mainly Housecarls and Hirelings will not attack you.

Moral standings would have to be at least 0: Any crime. I don't know if moral standing 1 would work since people with 1 will do anything except murder as I remember. And since turning into a werewolf with witnesses is leveled with murder...

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Followers

This should show the statistics and moral standings of Permanent followers and temporary followers. I can't remember them all off the top of my head after all lol.

But yes that page should give you a whole bunch of details.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Lycanthropy#Beast_Form

This will also confirm and give more details on standings with NPC's while in wolf form. Hope this helps! :)

Sparky04

I've been using Lydia as my first follower and turned into a werewolf in front of her, she didn't care.