• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jagd

Hi guys. Need some pointers on being a mage. This is my first time being one and any help would be much appreciated. My mage is a Breton and i plan to use mainly Conjuration and Destruction. I also want to utilise the other schools but they're what I want to focus on. Thanks:)

JClarke1953

Need to know what you're playing on for one thing as certain things work or not because of the differences.

I've rolled a Mage several times, a Nord and Breton (on XBox). When first beginning, I grabbed everything that wasn't nailed down to sell. I kept a Steel Sword, and a Hunting Bow (and whatever arrow's I could grab), and a steel dagger (both of which I improved at the Smithy). I would also improve the bow at the Smithy.

Then I slept in inn's or in ruins when there are mats or whatever to sleep on, using cart's to go to major cities. Running to where cart's don't go.

And even though getting coin is good, I would disenchant any enchanted weapons or gear so I would have that Enchant available later on. I also never bothered buying a home until I had well more than I needed (the char I have now just has her home in Riften and Whiterun). About the only time I fast travel is to sell gear/weapons I loot from Bandits, Dragons or within ruins.

I have my Mage seeming more like a 10,000 B.C. adventuress (Enchanted Forsworn Armor), using her charms when needed, her Majiks to overpower her foes. She has no dealings with the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood (although my previous Mages have).

There are certain exploits and stuff you can use, but I won't put them here unless you wish to use them (one can only be used unless Dawnguard or Dragonborn aren't installed because of Bethesda's pita "title update").

Jagd

ok thanks I'm on PS3 and this is very helpful thanks...already know of a few exploits (conjurationa and illusion).

AS88

Staff member