PC Major gamebreaking bug :(

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Flexus

Hello guys!

So with like 580 gamehours in the game with same character i discovered something weird and gamebreaking and which i don't know either what could be behind it.

I finished a dungeon called Faldar's Tooth first time, so when i went back to F. Tooth to get the rest of the loot, and I instant crashed to desktop, istead of the long usual time it loads a halfsecond then crashes. All the time, nomatter what I did, removed adds, changed settings etc didn't help, the game just didn't let me in the instance.

Even went back to a previous save to waste 20 more hours to discover this bug will come eventually again to me after finishing most new dungeons after I entered them cleared em and then exit.

Since many quests takes you back to old questlines it's just a matter of time before i stand outside a dungeon that prevent me from advancing...

So yesterday i couldn't even enter the markarth keep before crashing. I had like 580 good gaminghours before I noticed it and it "started" the havoc in the game. It only happens to old places I discovered, I enter a new dungeon, and the moment after I travel back from a nearby town to re-enter the instance the game crashes to desktop. I don't have big hopes but I hope i hope Bethesda could fix or look into this problem since i put my soul into this game and already restarted a previous save to discover the gamebug will occur even. So much time for no use, i prey it will be fixed in 1.4, but since i don't know the mechanism behind the strange bug, it's hard to know what to do since i tried everything i think. -Remove adds, verifyy game cache,-play on lowest settings, reinstalled. Possible could be quest related but it haven't stopped after finishing most quests etc. If anyone know a solution please let me know...

I play on vista 32, Duo Core 3.0, GTX 480, 4Gb Ram.

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
I have seen a few dungeon related bugs myself on XBox 360 but nothing this major. Sadly until the game is patched the generally accepted resolution to most glitches is to suck it up and ignore them or just reroll a new character... not solutions for someone who clearly enjoys playing a "main character." Have you tried to re-enter any dungeons you have cleared that have since respawned after 30 days? Perhaps since you're on PC with access to the console you may be able to use a work around.