• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I want to get a gaming PC in the coming month, and wanted to know what mods you could recommend. If you can, give me a brief description of the mod, and a link. Thanks. :D

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
SkyUI - This is a modification of the User Interface. The UI may be okay for a gaming console but it's poorly designed for a PC which is why SkyUI is possibly the most popular mod available.

Skyrim HD - 2K Textures - This is the most well known comprehensive texture mod, modifying all environmental textures (buildings, terrain, flora, fauna, ater etc.) - much better IMO to the Bethesda High Resolution Texture Pack which is also buggy (when you get Skyrim make sure you uncheck the plugin for it or it will autodownload into your game).

A Quality World Map - With Roads - Exactly what it says, it's a better map to replace the vanilla one.

These are basic ones to start you off which wont conflict with other mods. Always read the mod description and notes before installing a mod. While it's time consuming, I recommend going through the user comments as well. Both can disclose bugs, glitches and mod conflcits which you should know about before using a mod. To install mods I recommend Nexus Mod Manager. It's the easiest way to install mods if you're not familiar with how to manually install them. Wrye Bash is also a very important mod manager tool that allows you to monitor your mods for corrupt files and mod conflicts as well as many other things. BOSS is also a useful tool to optimize the loading order of your mods.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Is your characters planning on being a hard core vampire, and want to actually have the experience of being one? Then you might want to checkout this mod Better Vampires by Brehanin 5_51 at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community This is not for those who want to take the easy way out because base on what I heard this is for hardcore players.

Do you finally want to have sex with that beautiful NPC that you always want , but never had the chance? Go get this mod Animated Prostitution - Skyrim at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community you can also pay or have people pay you for sex. If you're characters are poor, and you're unable to afford the bounty over your head you can persuade a guard to have sex with you as a payment for the bounty over your head.

If you're planning on getting Dawnguard then you might want to get this mod Royal Bloodline - Vampire Lord perk tree and abilities at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community I've actually installed this mod on my game just the other day, and so far I'm liking it.

A highly recommend mod to download if you want your male NPCs, including you to look better Better males - Beautiful nudes and faces - New hairstyles at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community Theirs an erect version as well.

A highly recommend mod to download if you want your female NPC's to look better Better Females by Bella at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community however you can also checkout this mod as well Calientes Female Body Mod Big Bottom Edition -CBBE- at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community

Highly recommend mod to download for better sorting Better Sorting at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community
Highly recommended mod for Categorizing your favorites Categorized Favorites Menu at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community

This mod is to make battling your enemies look more realistic. It makes a bloody mess after you kill your enemy. If you also look carefully blood squirts out as well. Crimson Tide - Blood at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community

This mod is great if your player is a werewolf Derrax Male Werewolves at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community

Highly recommended mod to install... For the RP experience Dovahkiin Relaxes Too at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community

Swearing Mudcrabs... Swearing Mudcrabs at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community It makes them bad ass!