My new favourite guard comment ever!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
greatest guard moment ever: So I was walking into whiterun and I shot a horse in the face. When the guard arrested me I decided to go to jail and break out, just for fun. So I broke out easy, then I went back up to dragonsreach and proceded to parade around the place taking all the Jarls stuff. When one of the guards said 'wait, I know you' I was like 'yea I'm the guy you just arrested who is supposed to be in jail. I have broken out and now I am stripping dragonsreach of anything of value.' and he said 'alright then.'

that dude in the bannered mare is right. The security in whiterun is terrible.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I find it funny because interestingly enough, whenever the guards are shooting at me, they shoot at my knees. I wonder if they are like zombies trying to infect you and turn you into a guard by taking out your knee.

AS88

Staff member
"M'aiq was soul trapped once, it was not pleasant I can tell you, perhaps you should think about that"

Gore gro-Gijakudob

who still dies to guards? I just went through and killed everyone outside in whiterun with a dagger equipped. No shield or spells. I think I would have to try really hard for a guard to kill me. And I'm not min/maxed or very high level.
Beware, beware, the town guard born comes.

AS88

Staff member
For wound has now passed, but scar still shows,
Beware, beware, the arrowed knee groans

AS88

Staff member

Torok

"Lemme guess, someone stole your sweetroll."

My response to that: "If they did, they wouldn't live long enough to enjoy it..."

Also, I stole a guard's sweetroll once.

Drewski

Relaxing on Revis Island, with Revis and Holmes :(
My personal fav:-

"My cousin's out fighting dragons, and what do I get?"

To which I just have to start singing :

What do I get
Oh oh what do I get
What do I get
Oh oh what do I get

(Most may be too young to get this ;))

Gowsh

Old Fart
Gosh, I wish I remembered this one better.

Shortly after becoming the Listener. i got a something like the comment below:

We don;'t take to your kind here...um, no not exactly YOU...um, sir

If someone's got the right quote, feel free to reply.

This is a very short post. I've played this game for hundreds of hours, using all sorts of playstyles, but just now I brushed past a guard who said to me;

"An Iron sword, eh? What're you killing, butterflies?"

Never in all this time have I heard this. But as it turns out, I then realised I've never actually carried an iron sword further than Riverwood!

I know it's just one line of dialogue, but it still amazes me how little things make me sit back and think, "wow, there's still a lot I've not experienced yet"

Wow, I've played Skyrim close to 1800 hours and never heard that.

I do like these two:

"Pigsticker like that's not going to get you far. Best visit the blacksmith."

"Ugh. That armor stinks of death. You been grave robbing?"

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I hate it when guards are like "You don't look so well," so I always respond in my head, "Well you won't look too good soon because there's going to be an arrow in your knee and you will never know, who put it there."

AS88

Staff member
I know the second one is wearing Ancient Nord Armour, don't know about the first though

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
After a guard kills a dragon he goes, "What is it, Dragon?"
"My cousin's out fighting dragons and what do I get?"
"Guard duty. Citizen"

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
My favorite is not one of their dialogue options, it's how when you rob anything in their city, they send hired thugs after you with contracts signed Whiterun Guard.