Need advice on new character build!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

xBadKarma

the Sloth Queen
I've been wanting to make a new mage character for a while, now. I already have an Assassin/Hunter Bosmer character and now I want to make my new character an Altmer mage!

I really want to focus in:
> Conjuration
> Destruction
> Enchanting
> Sneak
> One Handed
> Restoration

I want to hear some advice / suggestions for the new character, and if you have any I'd be glad to see them! :)

xBadKarma

the Sloth Queen
If you want to sneak and cast, you need to use enough illusion to get quiet casting

oh okay I'll definitely do that :3 it's just in my opinion I hate Illusion because a lot of the spells are just ... ugh. Haha but I'll definitely go for it to get Quiet Casting and become a good Nightblade :p

Nighthiker77

You can just use muffle to level illusion and speed up your sneak leveling. I like to fury deer because they are easy to kill at the very beginning of the game if you don't have to chase them. What difficulty are you playing on?

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Agree on the Quiet Casting perk. Get that as soon as possible, it will save your butt. I'd also recommend perking out your Rune magic if you decide on Destruction as one of your primary schools. They are ranged pretty good once you get the perk and either way, they give nice experience every time they blow, especially if you tag multiple people at a time, which isn't difficult. One of the few early spells that you can hit multiples with and it's almost impossible to 'miss' as they stay put. Worst case you need to lure your victim into them.