• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
So: dual wielding, nord warrior, no magic, no alchemy, just some enchanting. Soon to be Companion/Werewolf and then support the Stormcloaks (believe it or not!) to get the war out of the way right off. Probably go Dawnguard on this one. He'll be joining the TG & DB so stealth is a big factor.

My question is: While I would prefer light armor, there simply aren't any good light armor choices that don't make you look like an uncivilized jacka** (until you can get Dragonscale, that is), are there really any good options? While I sort of like the Wolf Armor, what are y'all's thoughts on Dawnguard Light, Imperial Light or Vampire (I really don't like that option - to fem). Are there any other options I can look in to that don't involve wearing fur, hide, studded or scaled?

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I suggest a trip to Solstheim for chitin light, followed by stahlrim light. Funny how all armor looks great on females while making men look like total putzes!

Daelon DuLac

I suggest a trip to Solstheim for chitin light, followed by stahlrim light. Funny how all armor looks great on females while making men look like total putzes!
I hadn't really intended to go to Solstheim any time soon, but that's a great idea! I do like the look of the stahlrim although the helmet on the chitin is a bit much. What about bone-mold or is that heavy? I think you need ebony for stahlrim, yes? Perhaps I should just go for the pirate stahlrim set. That would do. What level to you suggest I should go up there at? I'll probably be at about 30 by the time I'm finished with the companions and with the war (I like to get them out of the way and I like being a werewolf), so that should be plenty late enough. Any suggestions in the meantime?
I have to agree that the ladies look great in a lot of armors (I've restarted Ingin Thorne again and currently she's in studded and looks hot and, of course they all look good in vamp). Too bad really. The guys should look good too. No plate or wolf armor for the ladies though - just a tad obcene for my taste!

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I really like the light Dawnguard armors. They're some of the best and most realistic-looking armors in the game, I think. I pair the one with the single pauldron with the Thieves Guild hood and it looks awesome.

Daelon DuLac

I really like the light Dawnguard armors. They're some of the best and most realistic-looking armors in the game, I think. I pair the one with the single pauldron with the Thieves Guild hood and it looks awesome.
Great idea! I like that. They look good on a guy (a little butch for a girl though IMO).

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I hadn't really intended to go to Solstheim any time soon, but that's a great idea! I do like the look of the stahlrim although the helmet on the chitin is a bit much. What about bone-mold or is that heavy? I think you need ebony for stahlrim, yes? Perhaps I should just go for the pirate stahlrim set. That would do. What level to you suggest I should go up there at? I'll probably be at about 30 by the time I'm finished with the companions and with the war (I like to get them out of the way and I like being a werewolf), so that should be plenty late enough. Any suggestions in the meantime?
I have to agree that the ladies look great in a lot of armors (I've restarted Ingin Thorne again and currently she's in studded and looks hot and, of course they all look good in vamp). Too bad really. The guys should look good too. No plate or wolf armor for the ladies though - just a tad obcene for my taste!

You have to be level 35 to get the pirate stahlrim set. You can get glass armor pretty easily before that, I think. Or you can turn your character into a pansy with Elvin gilded armor.

Nighthiker77

For pure aesthetics, I think the thieves guild sets look the best from the vanilla game. Or BlackGuard from Solstheim. But they aren't very "warrior" looking. What about some Stormcloak or guard armor?

I like the Savior's hide, especially for a werewolf, but I don't remember what it looks like on guys. Not exactly civilized though.

Nighthiker77

I do like the light Dawnguard armor though and it might be your best choice, especially early on if you are smithing up the right.