• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Do new items feel unnatural?

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
Am I the only one who feels that when a DLC like Hearthfire or Dawnguard adds a new item, it feels unnatural, almost like a half finished mod? Like, how have I never noticed this before now? Why has it just now starting to show up? I guess it wouldn't be as bad if you started the game with DLC's but you don't buy extras for a game you havent played yet.

Does anyone else feel this way, or am I crazy? :confused:

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I'd say "new" but not "unnatural". I honestly understand that things like "nails" for building houses existed in the game world but the game never had a reason to have them until the add-ons. :D

Adam Warlock

I like the new items but must admit to not seeing some of the additions on the vampire side of things.

My favorites are Auriel`s Shield , the Aetherial Crown , and the Green Robes that my daughter gave me.

Ritterkreuz

AS a PS3 player I'd tell you to just be thankful for getting anything.

Saozig

Hippy
SACKS OF @#$%ING FLOUR EVERYWHERE :mad: :mad: :mad:

I get your point. In a way I find them fun to discover, but when I realize they have such a specific, narrow use and they are turning up everywhere and so they're really just clutter more than anything, I kind of feel a little bit :mad:

Then, adding to that, when I need them for that specific, narrow use, I can't @#$%ing find them because they've been randomized like all the much more useful, mundane stuff the game already had and I have to travel all over to find enough glass to build my non-functioning display cases or enough jugs of milk to make that anti-climatic whatever in the stove (the ONLY functional stove in all of Skyrim, BTW!) that I end up giving to my adopted kid who's all like "Oh great! Thanks! Can I have some money?" and I end up all like, is this it??? :mad:

Yeah, there are some issues with integrating new items into the main game. Yes.

aussiegirlz

I must admit that it does feel odd to fight your way thru a bandit dungeon - raid their goodies - and find - boys green tunic - girls blue dress - childs doll - etc. :confused: