• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
    Gods do not decide those who are Right or Wrong. Only those that will Survive.

Once Umaril the Unfeathered was defeated by the Divine Crusader in the Oblivion Crisis, The Knights of the Nine fell into darkness. Now 5 years after Skyrim's Civil War, Aurorans are coming back somehow, from Meridia's Plain of Oblivion to seek revenge on those who destroyed their Commander. Join Arcturus Whitestrake on his mission to find the cause of the Aurorans uprising. Or join the ever growing crowd of worshipper's seeking to bring back Umaril to bring terror back into the world.

Sid

As Arcturus cantered into the bandit camp on his White Steed, Shalidor, he was expecting to be confronted by many bandits. However he was confronted by the corpse of a bandit; not long since dead. Arcturus cast a detect life spell, and all he found was a rat, gnawing on something. As Arcturus dismounted he noticed something. Something seven foot tall and of pure gold. He pulled out the fragment of the Sword of the Crusader, out of the well oiled sheath. He was behind the golden golem when it turned around. He plunged the fragment into the creatures body. The wind suddenly blew the the creature turned into a storm golden dust.
    Just he turned around thinking that it wasn't true. He then pulled out some parchment and wrote on it in with his quill, "Cyrus, once you have received this I will be on my way to Cyrodiil on urgent business. Must consult the archives. Find somewhere suitable to make a base. Arcturus. P.S. don't worry about the bird, he'll feed himself." Just as he finished writing this his eagle, Ameil, flew down from it's position circling above him. He attached the parchment to Ameil's right leg and told him, "Find Cyrus, and deliver this to him." he then let Ameil go, and watched as the eagle soared gracefully away. He then mounted Shalidor and rode hard and fast in the direction of the Priory of the Nine.

Zihark2393

Truth Seeker
    Cyrus was patiently waiting for Arcturus' return at the makeshift camp they made. He began stirring the pot of food he had been cooking, made up of whatever vegetation and meat from the local fauna he could find in the area. As the pot neared completion he sampled it but immediately he contorted his face in disgust. "I was never much of a cook...always had someone else do the cooking for me..." Cyrus said to himself as he began to think about the food he was served in the military and of the things his late wife used to cook for him.
    After dinner, Cyrus began to worry about Arcturus and whether or not he was even still alive. Arcturus had left in the middle of the night a few days back without giving any word to Cyrus. The loyal redguard has been waiting at their camp every since, awaiting the Divine Crusader's return or further orders. As the sun began to set, Cyrus got down on his knees and prayed to the Divines for protection over his children, Arcturus, and their quest. He believed that as long as he remained faithful and humble to the gods, they would bless him and those around him.
    As Cyrus stood up off his knees a large bird approached. When the eagle landed Cyrus removed the parchment tied to it's neck. It read, "Cyrus, once you have received this I will be on my way to Cyrodiil on urgent business. Must consult the archives . Find somewhere suitable to make a base. Arcturus. P.S. don't worry about the bird , he'll feed himself." Cyrus' fears had been put to rest as he finally heard from Arcturus. He immediately pulled out his map of Tamriel and prayed for divine revelation. Only the gods could pick the best location for them to use as a base. He closed his eyes and as he reopened them a spot on the map began to glow in a golden hue. It was an unoccupied fort west of Falkreath. "That is where we will go!" He proclaimed".

Isara12

Oblivion explorer
    Suddenly, an knight burst in, looking very distraught.
    "SIR! WE HAVE URGENT NEWS! A:: THE PRIESTS IN THE TEMPLE OF MARA IN RIFTEN HAVE BEEN MASSACRED!" The whole event was even worse
    It was also reported a wedding was happening during the massacre!"

Meanwhile, in a unassuming ruin southeast of whiterun, work was being done. Aurorans patroled the halls and rooms of the winding catacombs, all the draugr dead and birnt to ash. In the ddepest chamber of the ruins, was an altar, and before the altar sat what appeared to be a young women ( http://www.calislahn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/finery.jpg ) kneeling before the altar, and she was in a good mood

"My lord Umaril, the plan went off without a hitch. The Aurorans successfully cleansed the temple of its heathens, and there was marriage going on, to boot" her voice was wise and a little charming, yet was full of respect for the one she was speaking to

Zihark2393

Truth Seeker
    Cyrus put the map down and turned to see the sleepy knight come out from his tent. "Finally awake are you? We are headed for Cracked Tusk Keep, just west of Falkreath." he explained. "I just got word from Arcturus via messenger bird only moments ago." Cyrus said as he pointed up at the eagle soaring above their heads. "We should leave immediately, the fort is supposed to be unoccupied now but any number of bandits or vampires could have made it there home." Cyrus stated while gathering his gear and supplies.
    All of a sudden another knight approached bringing dire news "THE PRIESTS IN THE TEMPLE OF MARA IN RIFTEN HAVE BEEN MASSACRED!" The distraught knight explained. "Relax knight and catch your breath." Cyrus said then pausing for a moment. "Now tell me everything."
    The knight explained the whole situation and mentioned that there was a wedding taking place. "By the nine, it seems the enemy has began their assault." Cyrus rubbed his head and looked down in grief. "However this changes nothing, we must go set up our base as quickly as possible so we can assist Arcturus in locating the relics.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Notakishi walked around the cataccombs and she saw many other priests and priestesses pass her and a few gave her respectable nods and she loved having so many respect her. Notakishi walked down to bottom of the catacombs and she saw one of the other Priestesses telling off a young girl.
    " Ahem what so you think your doing telling off this girl?" Notakishi asked with deep authority in her voice which seemed to ring out through the whole of the catacombs.

The Priestess looked down to the floor before setting her gaze nervously on Notakishi.
    " I'm sorry mistress, but...," the priestess began before being cut off by Notakishi.
    " I am the head Priestess and I do the telling off down here so you don't don't do it!" Notakishi said in anger slapping the woman on the face.
    " Now girl run along and you Priestess move on and if I ever see you do anything like that again... well there will be consequences!" Notakishi said pushing past the priestess and into the the Altar area where a woman was praying.
    " Hello is there anything I can do for you?"

JBar2531

"So we should set out ime-"
    Achilles was cut off by another knight, bringing bad news. Achilles went into his tent and quickly put on his armor and grabbed his sword. "Cyrus, if there are any bandits or vampires there they wont be a problem, as we have dealt with worse. But what about this attack on the Temple of Mara? Are you sure we shouldnt check it out?" Achilles and Cyrus were both Knight Commanders, but he left the strategizing and desicions to Cyrus. The only thing Achilles was good at was fighting.

Zihark2393

Truth Seeker
    Cyrus thought carefully to himself before replying, "No we must head to the fort first, Arcturus is our leader so we must follow his orders no matter what. After we establish a base of operation we can investigate the tragic incident in Riften."

Isara12

Oblivion explorer
    The lady sttod up, turned towards notakishi and smiled

"ah. There you are. I have just communed with Lord Umaril, her smile turned a little devious "The assault on the church was a success. Lord Umaril is most pleased" she began to walk the entrance.
    "I will send more Aurorans to cleanse the other chapels of the heathens." Th girl smile was now kind of scary

"We will target Falkreaths shrine to Arkay, then Markarths Chapel of Dibella, eventually, we will attack solitude..unless of course the knights decide to intervene' She stopped as she was next to Notakashi

"I presume you have a plan?" and with that she walked off

Zihark2393

Truth Seeker
    "We should depart now!" Cyrus exclaimed as he mounted his steed. "Let us make for Cracked Tusk Keep!" The knights left camp shortly after and made their way to their future base.

Sid

Arcturus was riding hard and fast. It was only then he realized that his husky, Aubk-I had awoken from his slumber. The dog looked around, confused, only seeing blurred surroundings. He then looked up at his masters face. "Ah, so you're finally awake." Arcturus said, smiling down at the dog. He slowed Shalidor down so they could rest and had a look around at his surroundings. He saw a familiarly shaped rock; Dragonclaw Rock. He took out a strip of dried meat, and gave it to Aubk-I; and an apple for Shalidor. For himself he got out some bread , and chewed the hard loaf. "One day and we're already in Cyrodiil." he thought, "I wonder if Cyrus and Achilles have made a permanent base yet." On that thought he repacked his gear and mounted Shalidor. "One days rid until the Priory of the Nine."

Zihark2393

Truth Seeker
    The three knights rode as fast as their mounts would take them and arrived at there destination in only a quarter of a day. "This is it." Cyrus simply stated as the horses slowed down, eventually coming to a stop steps away from the font gate. The fort was of average size and architecture, undistinguishable from any of the other stony keeps located in Skyrim, which was exactly what they wanted.

Two of the knights got off of their horses but one remiained still. "Are you sure there's nobody in there?" Lenier, the third knight asked, fear being obviously present in his tone. "No I'm not sure, it could be empty or it could be a nest for thousands of giant frostbite spiders for all I know." Cyrus replied sarcastically. Lenier removed the steel plate helmet from his head and revealed his terrefied boyish face. He couldn't have been more than 20 but obviously had some knowledge of combat to be accepted among the ranks of the Kinghts of the Nine. "I h...hate spiders..." The breton quietly responded. Cyrus glanced over at Achilles and then back at Lenier, giving a cold serious look. Lenier understood what that met and reluctantly jumped down from his horse. "Come on knights, let's have a look inside!" Cyrus exclaimed as the group marched up to the entrance.

JBar2531

Achilles noticed Lenier was getting worried. Achilles slapped him on the shoulder playfully. "Ah, it'll be fine. Your a capable fighter." Achilles then turned towards the entrance. He unsheathed his sword and took his shield of his back. He walked next to Cyrus. "I'm tired, so I sure hope there's nothing in there." Achilles was ready for a fight, but didnt actually feel like fighting.

Zihark2393

Truth Seeker
    The knights entered the keep, cautiously surveying the area. As they explored, they encountered only a few skeever that were no match for the well trained fighters. They approached the last unexplored area in the keep and noticed the spider webs that covered the walls and doorway. Cyrus pulled his skyforge steel greatsword from his back and hacked two times at the sticky webs causing them to fall to the ground. He knew what was likely lurking in the next area so thought it would be funny to let Lenier ledd the way. The gullible breton stepped forward unknowing of what hung from the ceiling. Lenier observed a dead skeever carcass spun up in a ball of webs and while he was distracted a giant frostbite spider descended only inches a way from his face. Cyrus and Achilles began to ready their weapons but before the men could launch their attack, Lenier unsheathed his blade and spun slashing the arachnid in a single motion. The spider fell from its stringy web onto its back giving Lenier an opening to run his sword through its abdomen. The spider twitched for few seconds then ceased to move. Lenier sheathed his sword and commented, "I hate spiders...". Cyrus and Achilles only looked at each other in awe after witnessing the breton's unexpected initiative. Cyrus then returned his greatsword to his back and stated, "I think that's the last of these vermin."

Isara12

Oblivion explorer
    (short post tonight)
    "Rise and Shine" came a voice form right above achilles face. Were he to open his eyes, he would be staring straight at the nights current antagonist while Umaril was still missing

Alexandre LeLouch, disturbingly eerie smile and all.