Playstation "Orbis" and Xbox "Durango"

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sean

lost somewhere
The next Playstation and Xbox are scheduled to be out next year, and with all these fanboy arguments over which console is better, I thought there should be a good topic that has information on both of the next iterations of the of console wars.

The names "Orbis" and "Durango" have no bearing on what the console will be called when they hit the shelves, these are just the code names used by the manufacturers.
-----------------------Official Patents-----------------------​
Sony Playstation "Orbis"
Advertising:
-Ads that pause games
-Ratings based on mood

Sensor Upgrades:
-3D Motion tracking camera

Controller:
-Biometrics
-Tablet

Hardware:
-External Processor

Microsoft Xbox "Durango"

Advertising:
-Ads based on mood

Sensor Upgrades:
-Holodeck

Controller:
-Biometrics

Hardware:
-Scalable Architecture

Video Content:
-DVR
-----------------------Official/Leaked/Rumored News-----------------------​
Sony Playstation "Orbis"
-Specs

Microsoft Xbox "Durango"

-Blu-Ray & Kinect 2
-Chip problems delay console for 3 months
-Durango Dev Kit Details
-Durango Dev Kit Details #2
-"Fortaleza" Glasses
-Interview mentions "Next Xbox," goes to denial
-Kinect 2
-Microsoft "Durango" 56 page Leaked Document, last known URL
-Possibility of no Used Games
-Possible Name: 8 or Infinity
-Possible Name: Loop
-Pricing & Kinect 2
-Roadmap through Durango
-Windows 8 Officially Confirmed for console

-----------------------Notes-----------------------​
Any patent information has a possibility of not being used, but it is there that either company has though of interesting ideas. I could not find as much information on the next Playstation than I could with the next Xbox; that is not some form of bias, it just means that not as much information has been leaked in regards to Sony's console. If you have any information by some kind of viable news source (no blogs or forums), then by all means post it, then I will be able to add it to the list.

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
Only thing that concerns me is the ads that pause games and if these consoles will play used games. I am not looking forward to an all digital console age. I like to collect games and having digital copies is just not the same thing.

And let's say they are disc based. If the consoles won't play those game discs used then I won't be purchasing. Hopefully this is all heresy and rumors.

Clau

The Fateless One
Only thing that concerns me is the ads that pause games and if these consoles will play used games. I am not looking forward to an all digital console age. I like to collect games and having digital copies is just not the same thing.

And let's say they are disc based. If the consoles won't play those game discs used then I won't be purchasing. Hopefully this is all heresy and rumors.

Same here. From what I read on some months back over at IGN, is that the concept of digital games over the cloud network means that we, as consumers are just paying for the game's right to play and not the rights to own anything related to the game.

I agree as well. I own a lot of used games and I just can't shell out cash or credit for every new game. I even love to swap titles for titles.

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
I will go back to retro games if an all digital future is in the works for consoles. I already have. I've been purchasing SNES and Sega Genesis games like crazy. I want to be able to own the actual game, hence why I never got that much into emulation. But, hell, I'm a collector.

All I know is, is that this could shape up be another video game crash. And Nintendo was the only one who rose from the ashes of the first one. Microsoft and Sony could really do themselves in here. If their consoles aren't to my liking a Wii U will be even more appealing. At least it will be able to play Wii games! And it runs on game discs.

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
Wait, I thought Sony said they were not working on another system? I remember them saying this during 2011's E3. I won't be getting the system if I can't actually own games, and even if they did make it so I could own the games, I still wouldn't. Why? Because the gaming industry wants to take our ability to buy used games away.

I will just play me SNES, N64 and PS game systems and be equally if not more entertained with them than I would a lot of the games that have been shoved out recently.

Clau

The Fateless One

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts