Problem with ALL ENBs dropping FPS down to ~10

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
So I finally looked seriously into installing an ENB after realizing that they all need to be installed manually, and... well, that's the easy part. The weird and hard part is that EVERY SINGLE ONE drops my FPS down to an average of about 10, when it's normally 60+ even with a large number of mods running. They also take ~10-20 second load times and make them upwards to five minutes, and even the load screens are super laggy.

I've tried troubleshooting as explained by each ENBs Nexus page to no avail.

Dallas-Arbiter

All of them eat up fps. The guys that make these "ENB" mods must have super hardcore gaming rigs. All the ENB's I've thought about trying added way too much sharpness and over saturated the colors. The one I tried I only used for about 2 minutes. When the game started, the black screen that says bethesda in silver letters was a dark blue background with blue letters. I loaded up a save, seen how stupid it looked, everything had a blue tint. The game was running like yours, about 10fps. I got out of the game, and uninstalled it, and trashed the rar file.

I prefer mods that change the imagespaces instead of using post processing. You don't lose fps this way. Custom Lighting Overlay is what I use. You can make changes on the fly ingame, and you can use more than one preset, or you could use one preset ten times or you could click on every preset as many times as you want. You can change the contrast, brightness, sun and sky intensity, all while playing the game and no loss of fps. I'd check it out.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
If that were the case, ENBs wouldn't be as popular as they are. Not to mention, my rig itself is rather high end, so I'm more than certain you're wrong on just how performance killing "all" ENBs are.