Psijic Monk or graybeard?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Who wins

• Total voters

Saozig

Hippy
Yeah. I'm down with the Psijics too. I love how everyone freaks out at the mere mention of them.

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
Part of me wants to say Greybeard but when you consider the impact that the Psijics have had on history there is no question that they superior, even the mare mentioning of there name strikes a cord between admiration and fear. Greybeards tend to draw inspiration from buddhist monks in that they are peaceful, not chosing sides in political conflicts and practising the arts for inner balance and peace.

Where is the Psijics play an active role in the affairs of Tamriel in regards to that little incident with that Thalmor agent that had tried to harness the power of the Eye of Magnus.

More info here: Lore Psijic Order - UESPWiki

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I would even go as far as to say that I believe the Thalmor are afraid of the Psijics order. Unlike the Empire they refuse to bow down to them.

Psijics order are top elitist when it comes to magic. While the Greybeard have the tongue... The Psijics monks has the ability to block their tongues using ward spells. I'm sure it's 10x more powerful than that we can cast even on masters degree.

Rogue mages uses it all the time when I try to cast a shout at them thus blocking the spell from harming them.

Anwrise888

A very naughty naughty kinky mage....
images

I would love to see a new DLC revolving around the Psijic order.

Why are they fighting each other? They're both peaceful, and reclusive orders, odds are they wouldn't even meet each other, and even then, they probably wouldn't piss each other off. The Greybeards don't even generally speak, and the Psijics teleport out at the first sign of violence. So my vote is a tie, if you don't fight, you can't lose.

Harc

Big Hog
The Psijic Order is an ancient, magic-wielding order. From it, the Mages Guild would later develop. The Psijic Order is believed to have originated in the Summerset Isles. They are said to have developed Mysticism long before there was a name for it. When the Altmer began to settle more permanently on the Summerset Isles from their ancient home of Aldmeris, their culture began to change.They no longer worshipped the ancestor spirits, but several of those spirits such as Auriel, Trinimac, Syrabane, and Phynaster became gods that the Altmer worshipped instead.Many elders, who called themselves the Psijics, rebelled against this trend, as they were the keepers of the Old Ways.They used their mystical powers to settle in Artaeum, away from the "corruption of their society." They frequently returned to the Summerset Isles to offer advice and guidance, however. Mannimarco, was a student of the phijics, before he turned to necromancy. As far as I know, the thalmor is afraid of the phijic order. But in all honesty, who isn't?

Harc

Big Hog
I would even go as far as to say that I believe the Thalmor are afraid of the Psijics order. Unlike the Empire they refuse to bow down to them.

Psijics order are top elitist when it comes to magic. While the Greybeard have the tongue... The Psijics monks has the ability to block their tongues using ward spells. I'm sure it's 10x more powerful than that we can cast even on masters degree.

Rogue mages uses it all the time when I try to cast a shout at them thus blocking the spell from harming them.
As gifted as we are in the arcane, we are nothing compared to the phijic monks.

Daedra'Mc'Bitch

I remember getting up to the point in the main quest where the Greybeards teach you Clear Skies. I was walking out in the courtyard, when all of a sudden a Boethiah cultist attacks me. Well, before he could even swing his sword at me, the greybeards started pummeling him with ice form and Fus Ro Dah. It was a funny demonstration of their power. That Boethiah cultist never stood a chance.

Can't really say who'd win.. One has barely been shown in Skyrim, aside from the Eye of Magnus questline, so guessing the victor would be a shot in the dark.

I'd guess the fight would happen at the High Hrothgar (The Greybeards never leave, though they sometimes go out alone to practice) courtyard. You never really see the Psijics fight, unless you attack them. They're poweful mages, duh.

Harc

Big Hog
nah they come without enchants so you are free to do what you want with them
That's good, and bad, I would've thought they would have some special enchantments. But I guess since you can't aquire them, they don't need enchantments

The Master Great Beard

The Grand Master Great Beard
i would say they are both superior because each of them have unique skills the psijic monks usage of alteration [ mostly mysticisim ] how they just stop time , teleport where ever and the greybeards usage of the way of the voice but dont underestimate the old wise greybeards they might be old but they are wise enough to stop anyone who chooses to threaten them , power isint the way to win ..... Remember your mind is the strongest weapon you have~Farengar Secret-Fire.
i guess their equal ....

The Master Great Beard

The Grand Master Great Beard
BUT i am for grey beard because i mean like even a whisper can turn some one to picies:eek: .... like whenwulfgar or borri whisper '' Dovahkiin '' it shakes the whole of skyrim maby even Tamriel:eek: .... just imagine what would happen to the psijic monks if 1 were to shout extremely loud straight at themo_O .... and since psijic monks are unknown to the way of the voice they would have no reisistance what so ever it wouldent be very unpleasent to witness....