Questions No-one Bothers to Ask

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Unit7

This is the first one that comes to mind.

Why does Calcelmo want a Executioner's Hood? I mean he claims it's for research but... uh... what research would that be? Does he plan to get kinky with Housecarl Faleen?

Neriad13

Premium Member
This is the first one that comes to mind.

Why does Calcelmo want a Executioner's Hood? I mean he claims it's for research but... uh... what research would that be? Does he plan to get kinky with Housecarl Faleen?

My gosh. That is by far the most sensible answer I have ever heard.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
Why is it that after you brawl with a person that they become your follower instead of getting pissed off???

Belle

Fool of Hearts - Laughter Incarnate
What happens if you complete the Stormcloaks quest, THEN go to Solitude? Does Roggvir's execution still happen?

Always wondered this xD

Unit7

Why is it that after you brawl with a person that they become your follower instead of getting pissed off???

The only one that seems to make sense to me is the one in the Bannerd Mare. She respects strength and such. But then you get the guy in Windhelm who was harrassing the Dark Elf... I mean i beat him just because he was racist.

Also the Orc Chiefs... yeah a Nord Outsider just beat the crap out of a chief in front of everyone. I should have had my blood-kin status revoked or something. :p

My gosh. That is by far the most sensible answer I have ever heard.

Thank you. :D

What happens if you complete the Stormcloaks quest, THEN go to Solitude? Does Roggvir's execution still happen?

Always wondered this xD

That's a very good question. Maybe this is the key to saving his life! That or he is being executed as you take over Solitude. Always felt bad that I couldn't do anything to save Roggvir. But no matter what he just ends up dying. :sadface:

Tonmax

Why when a dragon comes into a town everyone runs, but when 1 Khajiit shows up in a town (part of quest) they all go over and murder it?

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
Why is everything and everyone so racist in Skyrim?

Why does dirge always tell me i better not make trouble even if im best buddies with the guild master? I mean I guess im friends with myself but still....

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
Why is it that Bosmer are cannibals and the Empire and Aldmeri Dominion have never really cared too much about it?

Arthur Swift-Sword

Swift. Like a Sword.
Why is it that Bosmer are cannibals and the Empire and Aldmeri Dominion have never really cared too much about it?

Bosmer Cannibalism is only practiced in Valenwood. There, it is considered honorable to ingest one's opponent, especially one of great prowess or potential.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
Bosmer Cannibalism is only practiced in Valenwood. There, it is considered honorable to ingest one's opponent, especially one of great prowess or potential.
Yes, but why is it that the empires that have taken over Valenwood felt it was just fine for them to continue?

All lydia does is crunch away at my seemingly infinite supply of bread. How does she keep her figure if all she does all day is watch me sleep and carbo load?

Kaleia

Why is the place Skyrim named Skyrim?

I would imagine it has something to do with the Nords' attachment to Kynareth, who first gave them the power of shouts. Or perhaps their position on the 'rim' of the continent.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
Why is skooma not a huge part of the thieves guild?

Neriad13

Premium Member
Why is the place Skyrim named Skyrim?

A bit of an explanation from an old, ingame book.

Children of the Sky said:
Nords consider themselves to be the children of the sky. They call Skyrim the Throat of the World, because it is where the sky exhaled the North Winds on the land and formed them. They see themselves as eternal outsiders and invaders, and even when they conquer and rule another people; they feel no kinship with them (this especially with the Chimer and Dwemer in the days of the Dwemereth and the first forming of the Great Houses).
The breath and the voice are the vital essence of a Nord. When they defeat great enemies they take their tongues as trophies. These are woven into ropes and can hold speech like an enchantment. The power of a Nord can be articulated into a "dragon" shout, like the kiai of an Akaviri swordsman. The strongest of their warriors are called "Tongues." When the Nords attack a city, they take no siege engines or cavalry; the Tongues form in a wedge in front of the gatehouse, and draw in breath. When the leader lets it out in a kiai, the doors are blown in, and the axemen rush into the city. Shouts can be used to sharpen blades or to strike enemies. A common effect is the shout that knocks an enemy back, or the power of command. A strong Nord can instill bravery in men with his battle-cry, or stop a charging warrior with a roar. The greatest of the Nords can call to specific people over hundreds of miles, and can move by casting a shout, appearing where it lands.
The most powerful Nords cannot speak without causing destruction. They must go gagged, and communicate through a sign language and through scribing runes.
The further north you go into Skyrim, the more powerful and elemental the people become, and the less they require dwellings and shelters. Wind is fundamental to Skyrim and the Nords; those that live in the far wastes always carry a wind with them

This is the contents of a book that first appeared in Morrowind. The consistency of the lore and culture of a people of whom not much were known at that point in the series amazes me. I wouldn't be surprised if it was this little story that formed the seed of the latest's game's entire atmosphere and plot.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Why is skooma not a huge part of the thieves guild?

Furthermore, why will law-abiding alchemists buy skooma from you regularly?

Why is it so cheap for a drug?

Why can skooma addiction be cured by a single, cheap health potion?

Why doesn't Skyrim's law make any attempt to enforce the drug's illegality?

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
Why can you pickpocket people when they see you as you are sneaking?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts