• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nighthiker77

If you are talking about the final dual, he only won because nancyboy thought he couldn't lose. He gave up his overwhelming speed advantage by letting him grab his blade.

Its been a while since I've seen it but that was more like rapier vs cavalry saber.

If you are talking about the final dual, he only won because nancyboy thought he couldn't lose. He gave up his overwhelming speed advantage by letting him grab his blade.

Its been a while since I've seen it but that was more like rapier vs cavalry saber.
Not the one against Liam Neeson, but against Guthrie using a claymore.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
This is seriously great for us on consoles that can't get the realistic mods that PC gamers use. Damn am I jelly on them PC gamers!

Indri Master

Dremora
I'm pretty sure swords used in Scandinavia were around 8 pounds.

Nighthiker77

Grab a 4lb mallet next time you are at home Depot and you will see how ineffective it would be to try to wield an 8lb sword.

The biggest sword I have is only about 3lb, and it's almost 4 feet long.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Grab a 4lb mallet next time you are at home Depot and you will see how ineffective it would be to try to wield an 8lb sword.

The biggest sword I have is only about 3lb, and it's almost 4 feet long.

I agree, however swords are made much more in balance than a hunk of metal on the end of a stick. Or should be anyway. I agree that 8lbs is heavy but that 4lb mallet in Home Depot is gonna feel much more awkward when compared to 4lb balanced weapon.

I would imagine that once you start entering the realm of two-handed swords, you could easily be looking at swords weighing from 6-8lbs.

jarif

Realistic challenge, - Title:
Harsh World
  • Master difficulty (No turning back or turning down difficulty, you may turn it up though to legendary)
  • When outwitted or beaten, you must run away depending on characters morals; you can go back when strong enough
  • You cannot reload a save especially when someone has died
  • You cannot attack random people, that's unrealistic especially if you are the ''hero'' type, hero's don't pick fights even with the enemy. E.g; you see a bandit fort, you shouldn't just randomly go inside and slaughter everyone
  • No exploits such as potions, blacksmithing, overpowered enchantments, do not pick the perks that make heavy armour or light armour non heavy (though this can be fixed with Skyre)
  • No jack of all trades
  • No arsenal of magic, for example you can not be skilled in every field of magic or no magic (optional)

Brewman

Do I look worried?
Even though they dont actually carry anything if you use a horse he could offset things a bit