Revising blog feature of the site

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I think the blogging feature of this site is really great but I think people are not using it enough. Personally, I think it is not being exposed enough too (because my blog needs to be seen by more people LOL /sarcasm)... I would like to see more people use it, especially for role-playing journal entries since it is hard to follow them just through forum threads. Here are some of my ideas to revise the blog.

-A person's list of blogs should be more visible and easier to find

-A person's list of blogs should be nice and compact, without any preview of texts. I think it would be better if people can just move their mouse over the blog title to see the preview, just like the forum

-There should be 'next' and 'previous' button for each blog. It's hard to jump between consecutive blog entries when they should be easy.

-the comment section is updated upside down. The most recent comment is all the way on top... Since the comment section can become a discussion, I think it would be better if the most recent ones are at the bottom

Hopefully people use this feature more often. It is too good to be unused like the media section :[

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
Going into profiles and clicking 'blog entries' shows a list of all your entries.

I agree, the creator of the blog addon has been working on other things but he says he'll be releasing some major updates quite soon.

If you move your mouse over blog titles you can see the previews... e.g mouse over the first entry here http://skyrimforum.com/blogs/ and it shows a little excerpt from your entry.

Do you think it'll be a better idea to have a section for posting these? Like have your own thread and post entries in it? But then again it'll probably get all cluttered with comments.