Open Rise of the Falmer [ROF] Character Cards & Rules

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    RAAAALLLEEE HELLOOOOOOO. :D

Honestly, I'm not sure. But a plops ton of people have taken interest in our RP. xD So I think I am going to try and take a count of who is currently part of the RP, an updated list of members that Geel started earlier. I think he said 10?

Rale

Full-time Skeever King, TaliWhacker, Cheeseman
    That's...quite a lot. Do we all have entrances for these characters?

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    OOC: Dammit, one of these days I'm gonna learn how to do things correctly, and I will use that knowledge to fight off all the villians in the world, including Justin Bieber, One Direction and anything that makes me feel like my wiener is going to disintegrate and fall off my body. But I'm gonna try again, lol.

The Argonian Neezorus halted "Wrath", his stolen horse, as he approached the town of Dawnstar. He climbed off the dark colored horse and walked past the Khajiit caravan, who gave him an odd look as if they feared him. But Neezorus ignored it and proceeded to the inn. When he opened the door, all he saw inside was the Innkeeper, Thoring, his daughter and bard, Karita, and a group of mercenaries that were focusing on solving the Falmer crisis. Neezorus hated the Falmer from the first moment he laid eyes on them while hiding in Skyrim. He viewed them as savage, disgusting abominations and hated them as a little kid hates a tarantula, in other words, hatred of their repulsive appearance. Another reason for his hatred of them is that Neezorus was also badly injured in the right leg by one of them only for wandering into their territory one time, and stumbled all the way to Whiterun to have Arcadia, the Apothecary, heal his injury. While usually quiet, he decided to speak with these mercenaries and help them exterminate the Falmer. He took off his hood, revealing his short, goat-like horns and his violet colored feathers, approached them, and said, "Excuse me, my name is Neezorus, I've heard that you were attempting to solve the Falmer crisis, while I'm not exactly a 'Citizen' of Skyrim, I'd like to help. I hate those ugly bastards as much as you do. The only good Falmer is a dead Falmer. My abilities are yours, should you have need of me." Neezorus walked back to a nearby table and sat down after no sudden response and waited for their answer...

When is your character going to enter? At the moment a lot of our characters are just settling in and I think It would be too chaotic to throw someone else into the RP at this point in time. Once Circe and Emberlynn have sorted things out and maybe left the inn, that might be a good time for you to enter.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Everyone who's joined (I think) has posted in the main RP thread. So, yes, I guess they do. I'm not entirely sure, since I wasn't on yesterday and had to catch up on everything. But from what I've read/looked through, they do.

On that same note, THIS MESSAGE PERTAINS TO SOME OF THE NEWER MEMBERS ESPECIALLY.
    I don't know how to say this without coming across as snobby, but sometimes you've just got to do that. We hold this RP to some pretty high standards, as do other people with their own RPs. I don't mean to say that if you make one stupid mistake then we're going to kick you out or anything. After all, we're doing this for fun! When I say high standards, I mean that we like to keep these things in mind:

1. NO ONE LINE POSTS. If your post will only be a line or two where all you do is reply to someone, maybe you should a) wait for something else to happen so you have more to write about, or b) try fleshing out your thoughts a bit.

2. TRY TO MAKE YOUR POSTS AS DETAILED AS POSSIBLE. This kind of ties in with the first point I made. A detailed post paints a better picture for everyone else reading the story, whether they're part of the RP or just someone who's following the story. It also allows you to develop not only your character, but also their relationship with the other characters and helps us learn more about them. Write out your characters thoughts, how they're feeling, etc.

3. This last point is just going to condense a couple "appearance" type things in the RP. All of these things (I think) help make posts easier to read, and help them flow through the story better.
    • Highlight any text that is speech and or thought, so it's easier to tell when things like conversations or thoughts are going on.
    • Break your post up into multiple paragraphs. Personally, I think this helps with making the post a lot easier to read and understand, instead of one big long paragraph.
    • Try your best to make sure that you're using correct grammar and punctuation. We're not expecting everyone to have perfect grammatical usage, but make sure you're using quotation marks for speech, commas, periods, etc.
    Ok, now that I'm done coming across as a total snob (I promise I'm really not, haha), I'll end this with a positive note. We're all doing this because we enjoy it, and we think it's a lot of fun. We're all pretty easy going here, so we hope you enjoy being a part of this story as much as the "first generation" RPers do.

Rale

Full-time Skeever King, TaliWhacker, Cheeseman
    I need to catch up, has anyone mentioned me in a post?

Skyrimosity

Don't worry Melee. Your character is a High Elf. You have every right to be a snob. :p
    Good guidelines.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Hmm. Rale, I can't remember if you're still sitting in the corner of the inn or not. You might be up in a room somewhere sleeping, but I'm not sure.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    Everyone who's joined (I think) has posted in the main RP thread. So, yes, I guess they do. I'm not entirely sure, since I wasn't on yesterday and had to catch up on everything. But from what I've read/looked through, they do.

On that same note, THIS MESSAGE PERTAINS TO SOME OF THE NEWER MEMBERS ESPECIALLY.
    I don't know how to say this without coming across as snobby, but sometimes you've just got to do that. We hold this RP to some pretty high standards, as do other people with their own RPs. I don't mean to say that if you make one stupid mistake then we're going to kick you out or anything. After all, we're doing this for fun! When I say high standards, I mean that we like to keep these things in mind:

1. NO ONE LINE POSTS. If your post will only be a line or two where all you do is reply to someone, maybe you should a) wait for something else to happen so you have more to write about, or b) try fleshing out your thoughts a bit.

2. TRY TO MAKE YOUR POSTS AS DETAILED AS POSSIBLE. This kind of ties in with the first point I made. A detailed post paints a better picture for everyone else reading the story, whether they're part of the RP or just someone who's following the story. It also allows you to develop not only your character, but also their relationship with the other characters and helps us learn more about them. Write out your characters thoughts, how they're feeling, etc.

3. This last point is just going to condense a couple "appearance" type things in the RP. All of these things (I think) help make posts easier to read, and help them flow through the story better.
    • Highlight any text that is speech and or thought, so it's easier to tell when things like conversations or thoughts are going on.
    • Break your post up into multiple paragraphs. Personally, I think this helps with making the post a lot easier to read and understand, instead of one big long paragraph.
    • Try your best to make sure that you're using correct grammar and punctuation. We're not expecting everyone to have perfect grammatical usage, but make sure you're using quotation marks for speech, commas, periods, etc.
    Ok, now that I'm done coming across as a total snob (I promise I'm really not, haha), I'll end this with a positive note. We're all doing this because we enjoy it, and we think it's a lot of fun. We're all pretty easy going here, so we hope you enjoy being a part of this story as much as the "first generation" RPers do.

Is there anyone in particular who isn't doing those three things? Am I one of them :confused:? I just don't want to continue writing the way I do if I am making loads of mistakes.

P.S my character is Circe :)

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    When is your character going to enter? At the moment a lot of our characters are just settling in and I think It would be too chaotic to throw someone else into the RP at this point in time. Once Circe and Emberlynn have sorted things out and maybe left the inn, that might be a good time for you to enter.

Well in that case, my character will meet all of you when you're done sorting things out, in the meantime he'll be trading with the Khajiit caravans until you leave the inn.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Oh I'm not trying to imply certain people in my last post. I'm just saying those things because we do have a lot of new members, and I just want everyone to keep those things in mind since we've been trying to stay close to guidelines like that for a while. Don't worry. =)

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    I'm writing a post right now, maybe that will give people something to reply to. I'm catching up on all the interactions that I missed, so it might be a long one. Haha.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Ok, hang on. Ranting. Don't mind me.

SO I HAD A WHOLE fluffING POST ABOUT READY AND I WAS JUST WRITING MY REACTION TO THE LAST THING THAT HAPPENED THEN I HIT SOMETHING AND MY TAB CLOSED AND WHEN I OPENED THE PAGE AGAIN HALF OF IT WAS GONE SO NOW I HAVE TO WRITE ALL THAT ALL OVER AGAIN AND I'M SO fluffING UPSET RIGHT NOW.

/sob

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    Happens to me too -_-

I get really mad too

Minstrel

Queen of Evil

SO I HAD A WHOLE f***ing POST ABOUT READY AND I WAS JUST WRITING MY REACTION TO THE LAST THING THAT HAPPENED THEN I HIT SOMETHING AND MY TAB CLOSED AND WHEN I OPENED THE PAGE AGAIN HALF OF IT WAS GONE SO NOW I HAVE TO WRITE ALL THAT ALL OVER AGAIN AND I'M SO f***ing UPSET RIGHT NOW.

/sob
    Happened to me a few times, all I did was go on my web history and re-open the page I had up when all my writing was there. Might work, worth a try. :)

Google

SO I HAD A WHOLE f***ing POST ABOUT READY AND I WAS JUST WRITING MY REACTION TO THE LAST THING THAT HAPPENED THEN I HIT SOMETHING AND MY TAB CLOSED AND WHEN I OPENED THE PAGE AGAIN HALF OF IT WAS GONE SO NOW I HAVE TO WRITE ALL THAT ALL OVER AGAIN AND I'M SO f***ing UPSET RIGHT NOW.

/sob

I would throw the computer into the fires of Mount Doom for it's betrayal! :mad:
    Sorry, couldn't help it. :p

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Thanks for the tip Minstrel, but it wasn't there. vnsjkfdjfhjd.

I'll just try and rewrite it from memory. I'll have it up in another half hour maybe. Haha.

And Google, I would very much like to do that. Stupid damn computer losing half my post. -_-

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Holy freaking hell I'm finally done with that. It isn't as long as I originally intended because I think I forgot some things, but I really don't care. Baha. I've posted, so I'm happy.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    Holy freaking hell I'm finally done with that. It isn't as long as I originally intended because I think I forgot some things, but I really don't care. Baha. I've posted, so I'm happy.
    can I just ask what race your character is? is she an elf?

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Yes. Melee is a High Elf. My character card is on the first page of this thread I think.