• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    "Don't worry about it."
    Isabel noticed Freyja looking upwards, and frowning. She turned her head to see what Freyja could see, and spotted it immediately. An eagle; strangely coloured - pure black, but with strange flecks of light blue marking certain feathers. And it wasn't just the unusual colour that worried her. Usually, when an eagle flew overhead, it would fly in circles, looking for prey. But this one was flying straight; along the exact direction the group were going in.
    Then something occurred to her. Her brother had had an inborn ability to enter the minds of animals, and take control of them, see through their eyes. He had been brought to a trainer, who had explained that there are a few people born every era that have the ability to 'warg', as the trainer had called it. Her brother had been one; the Emperor Uriel Septim VI had been another, although he had kept it a secret. What if the eagle wasn't controlling itself? What if there was another of the wargs, sat miles away, watching them through the eyes of this eagle?
    She made sure to keep an eye on the eagle. If something happened that proved beyond any shadow of a doubt that there was a warg nearby, she would tell the other three. Although, now that she looked, Arya's head was pointed upwards, in the general direction of the eagle. She was looking at Isabel, grimacing. She knows, Isabel thought. She knows, and she knows I know. But she still said nothing.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    As I walked I slowly got more and more cold. I started to heat my hands using what I called, my Breton Flame. Slowly I grew warm, and looked around for Aquila. I could see the group directly ahead of me. Far enough that they didn't suspect me, but close enough I could see them. The two women towards the back of the group were staring at the sky. At Aquila. They were on to her, but from the looks of it that is all they knew. That Aquila was following. Closely.

I was going to call her back, but if I did, I would be found. So I whispered again. "Drego! Hunt!" I spoke out a the language of the Sands to her, and she understood. I watched her fly away from the group, and away from me into the forest.

I walked on the path to the edge of the forest, then used the trees for cover. I couldn't see the group any more, and hopefully they couldn't see me. I whistled, and Aquila came. She had a dead skeever in her talons, which she dropped at my feet before perching on my shoulder. "Agorel vae, you did well," I whispered to her, and she let out a soft hum as I scratched her head gently. "Gwaem, follow!" I said to her as I took off into a sprint. I weaved through the trees and Aquila flew right next to me. She didn't leave the cover of the forest, so she couldn't be seen, and neither could I.

We ran together, until I caught site of the small group once more on the path. And I stopped. Aquila did as well, perching on my shoulder once more. I slowly crept in the cover of the trees hoping the group would stop, and I could reveal myself.

Aster

Aster followed the man with the Nord slung over his shoulder with the rest of the group. So the Nord was summoned to be a Dragon Rider... and he ignored everything else. She saw the younger of the sisters help the Khajiit llift the Nord with the newcomer. The khajiit then looked up into the air at a black eagle which seemed to be following them. The older sister seemed very worried. It was'nt normal, but what could be wrong? Then she remembered hearing stories of people who could see through the eyes of animals. What were they called again...? Nevermind. Not important. Aster went over to the Nord and helped to lift him. She may not have been the strongest, but she could still try to help.

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    The eagle flying into the forest didn't change Freyja's state of mind at all. In fact, it made her more paranoid. The mind of this eagle knows of the suspicious glances at the bird. That could only mean one thing, this person was nearby. And it worried Freyja deeply.

When Aster walked over, Freyja eyed her for a moment, deciding to give her part of the Nord to the vampire. She had to do some explaining, and just a bit of research, which required her full attention. "Keep your eyes open. Do not overlook anything. A presence is nearby." Freyja didn't know much else, but she had to find this spy. It could be working for the Dragons and their riders, so she had to find this eavesdropper before any information on recruiting got out. Who knew how long the spy could've been following them for. Maybe it was even there while Freyja recruited folk at the inn.

"Freyja will inspect the path that has been taken. Maybe another's footsteps may be found." She ran back a little bit, hoping the group would know where she meant for the Nord to be taken. Freyja looked everywhere, and was about to turn back when she noticed footprints. They were very light, so the person either was extremely light or was really good at covering their tracks. They were angled towards a forest, but they disappeared after a while. Freyja huffed, looking more closely at the tracks. Would she follow the slight inclination of the tracks into the forest? What if the spy saw this coming and made those tracks to mislead her, then swerved back in the direction of her crew? This was not good. You never know until you try. And with that, Freyja cautiously crept into the forest.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I slowly, and silently followed the group from the safety of the trees. I had a feeling one of them had an idea that I was watching. That feeling was reality. The khajiit woman whispered in the ear of one of the others, then back tracked. I knew what she was doing. She was going to try and track me. I thought for a brief period. I need to end my tracks. I looked up into the canopy. Then I got an idea. I would take to the trees, and follow from there. I would also have to watch for the khajiit again, if she happened to catch up to me somehow.

With no hesitation, I climbed to a branch that couldn't be seen from the ground nor the sky. Then ever so carefully, I weaved my way through the branches, following the group. And watching my back. I stopped, and so did the group. A grassy clearing where the path ended. They dropped the Nord, and began speaking to one and other. I decided not to pay as much attention to them any more, as I had a feeling my follower was still behind. I whistled quietly, and Aquila hopped from a higher branch, onto my shoulder. "No'dir wegh, find her," I whispered to her simply, and she took off.

I closed my eyes and concentrated my thoughts to see through her eyes. All I could get was trees, and the sent that I had taken. Then I spotted her. She looked like she had lost my tracks. Yet she kept coming my way.

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    Freyja proceeded into the forest, now following purely her instinct as she searched for the spy. And that's when she saw it. The eagle. It's eyes bore down on her, and she raised her bow, knocking an arrow into it. She didn't want to kill the bird, but she had to show the spy she meant business. Freyja aimed carefully, then shot the bow. The arrow glazed the wing feathers, probably knocking the bird off balance, but not really hurting it. She smiled smugly, hoping the spy would come to her-or else. She aimed her arrow once more at the bird. "Come out, come out, wherever you are." She guessed that this spy probably knew that she had an arrow aimed at the eagle's head and would come out to save the bird's life.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    She notched it. I saw her aim, and fire. The arrow grazed Aquila's wing. I felt a sting in my arm. I let out a growl of anger, and felt heat rise from my hands. My eyes started to burn. I ran through the branches until I could see her below me. She still had no idea where I was. I was growing more angry as she reached her quiver for another arrow. I dropped from the tree, spraying my Breton fire on the ground in front of her. "That arrow will be your last if you release it!" I roared at her. I could feel my eyes releasing an intense steam. I wouldn't let anybody kill my only family.

I felt the fire leak from my hands onto the ground. I was going to loose control. I stared at her, and reached for my blades. I drew them, as my cloak fell to the ground behind me. I let the fire engulf my arms, and move down the blades of my swords. "Drop It!" I yelled at her. I breathed heavily trying to get my control back. I looked up, and closed my eyes. I thought back to my sister, when she was happiest. To my master in the Knights, and to training Aquila. I looked back at the woman, and felt the fire recede back. Deep within my body. I sheathed my swords, and whistled. I lifted my elbow, and Aquila landed on my arm with a roar of her own. "Agoreg Vae, you did well," I whispered to her.

I slowly looked up the Khajiit, searching for any sort of reaction. I couldn't tell if the display I had no control over intimidated her or scared her.

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    "That arrow will be your last if you release it!" Freyja chuckled to herself-so this man took an arrow to the bird personally. She swerved around, lowering her bow, a smirk on her face. Which quickly disappeared when she saw the fire enveloping him in flames. Freyja's eyes widened, and she took a step back, pressing herself against a tree as if it would help her avoid the heat. It didn't really help at all, but it made her feel better. Freyja closed her eyes and took in a deep breath, thinking it would be her last, but the heat began to lessen, and the air was breathable once more. Her eyes slowly opened to see the man observing her. Her moment of true fear was gone-the mask that made her seem cold and cruel was back on, and her eyes narrowed as she straightened up, brushing dust off of her shoulder. "Well that was rude." She drew a little closer to the man, he looked quite strange, really. He didn't seem entirely elvish, but not quite human either. Ah, a half breed. She inspected his whole look-he seemed like the fighting type. "Freyja would be pleased if you used magic such as that to kill a Dragon heading the way of her group."

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    "Well that was rude," I grit my teeth at her. "As I recall you tried to kill my eagle," I bent down and picked up my cloak. I looked at the soft line of fire that still separated the two of us. I held out my hand and pulled it back into my body. Returning the ground it burnt to live grass. "Freyja would be pleased if you used magic such as that to kill a Dragon heading the way of her group." I tied my cloak back onto my body. Aquila ruffled her feathers uncomfortably at the notion. I paced around her in circles, and Aquila took off and did the same in flight. "I still can't quite understand why knocking out the drunk brute helps with the whole "dragon" thing." I scratched the scruff on my chin, and stopped in front of her. I popped my neck, and turned away. When I turned back to see her standing in the same spot, I whistled at Aquila, and took off into a sprint. Loosing her behind me.

I ran until I reached the opening with her group. I skid to a stop at the body of the unconscious Nord. The group prepared for my attack, that I wasn't going to make. I looked to the left to see a large wolf. It growled at me, and I, at it. It sat, than laid down in response. I love animals. I turned towards where I came, awaiting the arrival of the Khajiit I almost slaughtered. With my hand on my sword, and my flame growing in heat.

EpicVakarian

A man skidded towards the group; his hood raised, and the eagle following him. It was clear this was the warg that had been following them. Snow growled at him, but the man growled back, and Snow seemed to have no idea what to respond with. So he lay down, his head still fixed on the man and his eyes still narrowed.
    "Who are you?" Arya asked bluntly. Freyja appeared behind the man, apparently having chased him through the forest.
    "Freyja? What's going on?"

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    Freyja growled with annoyance when the man sprinted off. He was going in the direction of the group, so it was safe to guess that he was going to the group. She cursed under her breath, taking off towards the group. Why would he just bolt like that? She soon caught up to him, but it was only because he stopped.

"Freyja? What's going on?" Freyja looked to Isabel, her eyes showing annoyance and irritation. "It seems Freyja may have found a new recruit." If this mysterious man wasn't here to kill a Dragon, then he must just be here for information. Which could make him want to kill the Dragon. She turned to him, her voice dropping to a cool tone. "This Nord will become a Dragon Rider if he touches the Dragon that is heading the way of this group."

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    "This Nord will become a Dragon Rider if he touches the Dragon that is heading the way of this group." I hid my face with my hood. The whole group questioned me. Who or what I was, and why the hell I was here, and was following them. The more important question was, am I willing to help. I sniffed the air. Whistling, and holding out my arm once again for Aquilla. "Naes ta vaa, watch the sky," I whispered to her. She flew up out of the clearing, and above the forest, circling above.

I still felt the need to hide my face, my scars from theses strangers. I crossed my arms, and breathed in their essences. They were more than strong. Some only physically, others only mentally. I focused to listen from Aquilla. Heard the flapping. "You're gonna need the help," I said, removing my hood, revealing my face, "the beast is here." I unsheathed my swords, and let my Breton flame escape. My cloak fell behind me, I awaited a fight.

EpicVakarian

The man called his eagle, spoke to it in some foreign language, and it flew off. He focused for a moment, then said, "You're gonna need the help. The beast is here." He lowered his hood, dropped his cloak and drew two relatively short swords, that looked quite thin but very strong. Under his hood and cloak, he was handsome, there was no denying it. A toned face, long curly black hair, and well-shaped. He was a half-breed, clearly. His face was in the shape of a Breton, with the sharp chin and ears of a Bosmer.
    "Are you sure?" Isabel asked. He nodded. "Well, then I will meet it in battle alongside you."
    "And me," Arya said, grimacing. "I'll help too."
    The sisters could clearly hear the dragon now; the immense bass boom of the flapping wings, the roar of the fire. But Snow met the sound with equal volume. She howled; the same howl she would make when she was hunting or attempting to scare someone away. The howl rang in Isabel's ears, and lasted for at least as long as the dragon's roar. When she finally stopped, Isabel and Arya both grinned. Isabel drew North, Arya drew Needle. They would both have used their shields, but seeing as it had their family crest dyed onto it, the very information they were trying to hide, they refrained. For now, Isabel kept her left hand free, Arya her right, in case they decided to switch to bows. They were ready.

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    Freyja heard the boom of wings as the massive bronze Dragon they had been awaiting swooped down at them for a first blow. She dodged it narrowly, moving out the way, her arrow already in place. She was just supposed to watch, and that's just what would happen. She looked around at everyone, a scowl on her face. "One who uses a ranged weapon should use that the whole time! Order must be established!" Freyja didn't know if it was anyone's first time killing a Dragon, so she felt the need to yell out simple instructions. This wouldn't work if everyone had swords instead of bows and vice versa. Now was the time that Freyja could see everyone as they truly were-one tends to become themselves on the battlefield, and leaders would be distinguished from followers.

Aster

Freyja. So that was her name. Aster pondered as she looked at everyone. They seemed so worked up about something. And the new one was getting ready to fight. And everyone was looking to the sky. What was it that they were intent on fighting? And then it dawned on her: it was the Dragon! Aster had never actually fought a Dragon before-she was a vampire hunter through and through. Ex vampire hunter.

"One who uses a ranged weapon should use that the whole time! Order must be established!" Aster was a little confused by the Khajiit's way of talking, especially since it was so hard to hear anything over the combined roar of the Dragon and the wolf. She opened her fists, bringing them up slightly, and dark flames flickered in her fingers. This Dragon would not meet his rider today.

EpicVakarian

Isabel nodded to Freyja while leaning backwards to avoid the dragon's wing, that narrowly missed her and would have destroyed her spine had it hit. She sheathed North again, ready to use it once the bronze dragon landed. Meanwhile, she pulled her bow out of her back. The enchanted one, that her father had given her. She fired arrow after arrow at the dragon, but all missed due to the dragon's immense flight speed. But eventually, one hit, and she was greeted with a satisfying burst of frost from the point where the arrow hit, freezing it solid and weighing the dragon down.
    Arya, meanwhile, was in her element. She had been able to use a bow well since she was seven; her bow landed every single arrow into the dragon. Her bow wasn't enchanted, however, so it did no damage to the dragon other than hurting it.
    Snow paced the ground, restless and growling. He howled at the dragon whenever it roared.
    "When it lands, you need to stop it reaching the Nord, no matter what! Swords, axes, whatever you have! Anything to stop it from touching the rider!" Isabel had to yell, but all of them clearly heard her and nodded.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    One of the two women near the wolf eyed me. I grinned at her, as the dragon came down at us all. "One who uses a ranged weapon should use that the whole time!" the Khajiit screamed. I nodded at her, I sheathed my swords, and decided now was the time. I had never fought a beast of this stature before, and thought I would give it my all. I closed my eyes and breathed. I was going to anger myself. I thought about my sister. How she was slaughtered in front of me. How I killed the caravan, and the men who had hunted me for it. I could feel the flames growing once more. I opened my eyes. I saw the dragon coming around once more for another flame attack. I took a deep breath and hoped this would help my anger. I jumped into the flame he produced.

The pain was unbearable. My body swelled with anger. I saw the dragon fall with a large sheet of ice surrounding it's lower legs. Fire leaked from my face, and my arms burst into flames. I new this wouldn't kill it without the groups help, and hoped they joined into my rage. I clawed at my face as the flame rolled down my face like tears. I screamed and started blasting the fire at the beast, hoping to do some damage. I felt my body becoming weaker and weaker. The effect of releasing my inner flame go took from my soul. I needed to reabsorb the flame I had released or die trying. I fell to my knees, and placed my hands in the flames. The fire slowly crawled back towards me. I collapsed on the ground, and I started to black out. I held out my arms to let the flames come back. I felt my body drift into unconsciousness, as I watched the group attack the still alive dragon. My flames were gone and I was out.

"You must control your flame in order to survive." the voice spoke to me, my master. "If you let your fire go to fast, your body will die like the fire inside. Control your mind, and you will master your flame, and your body." I watched as a ghostly shadow appeared in the darkness of my troubled mind. "If you master the flame, you master yourself." His shadow faded into darkness. Clouding my mind.

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    Freyja watched carefully at Arya and Isabel's technique. The way Isabel brought the Dragon down was extremely well thought of. These two would be a marvelous addition to the team. The elf, however, seemed a little too into it. He raged, throwing fire at the scaled beast in an impressive display. He holds great power. And then he passed out. So he was sort of a one hit wonder. Whatever, now that she knew what he would do without thinking, she knew how to put him in a strategy unless he learned to channel the flames for a longer amount of time without blacking out. She cursed under her breath, sprinting to the figure who slumped on the ground. She dragged him as quickly as she could beside the Nord, hoping that if the Dragon got too close, she could confuse it into picking up the elf instead. She would try to get him down somehow. Hopefully. But right now, Freyja's task was making sure that the huge winged beast kept its distance from the Nord.

EpicVakarian

The elf-Breton had collapsed. A shame; his power was extremely useful while it lasted. Isabel ignored it as much as she could and kept weighing the dragon down with ice. Eventually, it landed, about fifty meters from its Rider. It looked like a pincushion; peppered with Arya's arrows and covered in icy patches where the few of Isabel's arrows had hit. Both sisters dropped their bows, and drew their swords, North and Needle. Isabel slashed at the dragon's mouth while Arya leapt to its left wing and poked a really quite extensive amount of holes in it. Isabel smiled; she hadn't had the opportunity for a fight like this since the fall of their family. But the dragon, with its large amount of long, sharp teeth, was gaining the upper hand, so she conjured up the tiny sliver of magical power she had in her and used it; she cast a stream of ice at the dragon's mouth, freezing it shut and freezing it to the ground. While it was stuck, she leapt around to it's back, found its tail and swung at it.
    The last four feet of the tail came clean off, a spurt of black blood accompanying it. The dragon's muffled screams came through the ice, and in its frenzy, it shook itself free. Arya retreated, picking her bow up again and attempting to hit its stump, in order to go as deep into the dragon as possible. Isabel grabbed the remainder of its tail and attempted to climb up it, to reach its head, but was shaken off. She ran forward, trying to catch up again, but to no avail. She stopped chasing it, hoping that Freyja had something up her sleeve.

Aster

The flame in Aster's hands grew bigger and bigger until it was soon enveloping her arms as well. She smiled, pouring countless amounts of stored magic into the flames, yet remembering calamity, keeping some in her stores so that the magic wouldn't overwhelm her like it did to the new man. Aster pushed the flames toward the Dragon's face, melting the ice off of it and burning the creature's eyes. Its sense of smell was also damaged, so the creature had to rely on its guts.
    "Someone just finish it off," she yelled over the whirling blizzard.