• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    "Does this mean we could have some help?" Freyja nodded at Aharon, looking up as Whiterun came into view. The trip had gone by surprisingly quickly, and the group had just passed the Honnigbrew Meadery. Freyja loved that place-the mead tasted so much better than the bottles that they would sell around the whole of Skyrim. Freyja realized with a jolt that she had not truly answered Aharon's question, and she sighed.
    "Dragons are sure to aid the elites in the cause against the Ancients." She stopped for a moment, looking at everyone. "There are records saying that when an Ancient is killed, the riders and Dragons that it specifically summoned will be free from the bond that causes them to not think clearly." She nodded at the guard standing at the gate into Whiterun, and he shouted an order that opened the large door leading into Whiterun.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Nia watched the group from afar, as they walked through the gate to Whiterun. She sighed, in a semi annoyed manner. She sprinted towards one of the walls. Swiftly scaling it until she got a tight grip. She pulled herself up, to stand on the top of the wall. She hopped to a roof of a nearby house, and walked to the top of it. Nia spotted her brother, and group once more. They walked, following behind a Khajiit woman. The whole group seemed to be entertained by what she was saying. As if it was some importance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I followed Isabel and Freyja through the gate. I never enjoyed being in populated cities. It was hard to get any sort of watch on them. Aquilla was able to get a bird's eye view, but nothing more. It was easy to be spied on from the buildings. Freyja was still speaking about the dragons. I couldn't care less. I had an erie feeling about this place. I could feel my face become semi distorted, as I smelled something familiar. Out of the ordinary. "I can sense trouble Freyja," It was something all to familiar, "Another beast of Akatosh."

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    "I hope you don't mind or anything, if you want I'll gladly buy you some ale or mead instead." Eragon heard a voice beside him say. Eragon looked up, facing the man."It's okay, thanks." Eragon said in a rather dull tone. "What brings you over here, and prompts you to talk to a man like me?" He asked, a little curious as to why the man had talked to him. Eragon felt the sides of his head pounding, his temple ached. He still felt sick to the stomach, a very strong sadness will do that to you, he wanted to drink. He wasn't sure if drinking would make it any better but it's what he wanted to do, drink till he drops. He decided against this, however, and would only drink in moderation until he got his head cleared up.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    "What brings you over here, and prompts you to talk to a man like me?"

Varian looked at the man beside him, "Why would I want to talk to a man like you? Perhaps I'm bored or maybe I'm feeling charitable? Bah, I don't even know, but I do know you're not the only one that has had sadness in his life. Take me for example, the man that saved my life from slavery and raised me like his own, died," Varian chuckled a bit, "I wanted to take my own life after him, but knowing him, he would beat me into undeath if I did something so foolish. So instead, I took a drink, not unlike this one, and started to roam caves and ruins. I made quiet a decent living too. Although I doubt exploring will help your wounds heal faster, it would at least show you there is still beauty in the world," Varian looked at his wine and drank some of it, "If you want, I'm due for a bit of adventure myself, I would be happy to assist you in your future exploits, if you'll have me of course."

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    "Why would I want to talk to a man like you? Perhaps I'm bored or maybe I'm feeling charitable? Bah, I don't even know, but I do know you're not the only one that has had sadness in his life. Take me for example, the man that saved my life from slavery and raised me like his own, died." The man chuckled, and continued to talk about his life. Eragon didn't recall asking, but he was glad the man could talk. Eragon recalled one camping trip where nobody took it upon themselves to talk, and it was just silent and awkward. "If you want, I'm due for a bit of adventure myself, I would be happy to assist you in your future exploits, if you'll have me of course." The man said, Eragon took the drink the man had bought him and didn't talk until he had finished it. "My sister was poisoned by the Battle-borns, if it was even them. She had just returned to our family, family of 3 including her. Me, my father and her. She had been fighting the empire, and was poisoned a week after staying with us. I don't know how long ago, I haven't slept so time is a bit of a blur. I killed Idolaf battle-born because he knew something about my sisters death, and seemed like it was him. Was it him? I don't know. I believe so." Eragon realised how he must sound, and figured the man would take back his offer. "I know there is beauty in the world, I felt its warmth embrace me. I felt its warm blood on my arms as I carried its lifeless body to the temple, I was there when it was announced dead. I have a package to deliver to one of her friends, Freyja, you can accompany me as I deliver it. Then we can do what you suggested, if you still want to." Eragon wasn't crying, but felt like doing so. He had that feeling at the back of his throat like he was about to cry, and behind his eyes. He kept it back however, and avoided further humiliation. "Names Eragon." He said, standing up.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    Varian's smile disappeared when he heard Eragon's story, "Well, that's a sad story if I ever heard one. I would love to accompany you as you deliver this package. Should we wait until morning or start our grand adventure straight away? I'm ready either way, by the Nine anythings better than chopping wood for another day," Varian was ready to celebrate, he had been stuck in Whiterun for over a year. He was vacationing, clearing out ruins, and bandits. Sadly he soon cut through the hoards of bandits and has since been chopping wood, a meaningless, annoying task. At any rate, he ordered more spice wine and waited on Eragon's response.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    "Well, that's a sad story if I ever heard one. I would love to accompany you as you deliver this package. Should we wait until morning or start our grand adventure straight away? I'm ready either way, by the Nine anythings better than chopping wood for another day." The man seemed happy at the news of travelling, Eragon wasn't ready to begin however. "It would be unwise to leave now..:" Eragon said slowly, "I couldn't fight a blind skeever at the moment, unless it was deaf too."

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    Freyja looked at Aharon, then around her. She couldn't see or hear anything out of the ordinary, but something told her that their group was being watched. Freyja sighed, but ignored the feeling. Whatever it was would come up eventually. She gestured for the group to follow her once more, it would be best to let the watcher come to them. She pushed open the door to the Bannered Mare, which was more empty than normal, except for two men sitting a the bar. One of them was an Imperial, and the other looked remarkably familiar.

"Eragon?" She walked over to him, tapping him gently on the shoulder. It was him! She could recognize that hair anywhere! She looked back at Aharon, Isabel, and Arya. They could wait a moment while she talked with an old friend.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    "Eragon?" Eragon heard a familiar Khajiit voice say, for a moment he believed he had lost it. He turned and saw Freyja. "Freyja..." He said slowly, "Freyja... What are you doing in whiterun?" He turned to the man he had been talking to, "This is the one I was going to deliver the package too." He turned back to Freyja, a small amount of happiness passing through him. "Ya look good." He said, before moving onto more serious events. His happiness quickly left him as the sadness seeped back in, as he prepared to break the news of Natasha's death to Freyja. "Natasha she... She left a package for me to give you, it's back home. She uh, she-" Eragon scratched the back of his neck, looking at the roof. Looking at the door, looking at the wall, looking at anywhere but Freyja. "She uh...." He could see the look on Freyjas face turn to confusion for a slight moment, "Natasha was murdered." He finally said, he felt a wave hit him when he said it. It was like he was being told himself again, It felt horrible. "Yeah she was uh.." He said looking at her, he glanced away for a second before looking back, "poisoned." Eragon got teary eyed, but didn't completely cry. "Sorry I ruined a happy reunion." He managed to say as he looked at the floor, wiping dry eyes.

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    Freyja gasped in horror when Eragon told her of Natasha's death. She was Freyja's best friend that always went of Thieves' Guild missions with her! Tears began to gather at her eyes, and rage filled her body."Who did it?" Freyja would find a way to cover up the murderer's death to make it look like an accident. Unless Eragon had already done it. Which he probably had. Freyja patted Eragon on the back, knowing that even though it was hard for her, it was terrible for Eragon.
    "You have been strong. Natasha would be happy."

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Freyja gasped in horror after Eragon had told her, "Who did it?" she asked. She patted him on the back, "You have been strong. Natasha would be happy." she said in an attempt to comfort him. "Yeah it was probably the battle-borns." Eragon said, "I killed Idolaf. He knew she had been poisoned when no one else did, so he must have been apart of it. I don't know if he did it himself, helped somebody or had help. But I know it was the battle-borns."
    Eragon thought a moment, this wasn't like him. But they had killed his older sister, his beloved sister. Eragon pulled Freyja aside, "Olfrid was defiantly involved," he said, "Could you help me gain proof?" he asked, knowing she could sneak and infiltrate. "This may sound psychotic..." he began, "But they killed my sister."

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    Freyja nodded as she looked over Eragon. He would make a good addition in the group that would fight against the Ancient Riders. She swallowed, clearing her throat. "Freyja will do this. But you must do what people of Freyja's are doing and speak with Delphine and Esbern." Freyja gestured to the group waiting behind her. She looked to the man who had been talking to Eragon. "You look like you have seen many battles. You must talk, too."

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Isabel took notice of Freyja's old friend, and dragged Aharon and Arya away, to give her some privacy. Snow followed her.
    "While Freyja's talking to her friend, we might as well try and find whoever it is we're looking for, hmm?" They both nodded. Isabel turned to look around the room, until she saw an old Nord man in a ragged old set of clothes, and a middle-aged Breton in leather armour. She had a feeling these were the Blades, so she led Aharon and Arya to them, and introduced herself.
    "Erm, hello? Are you the Blades?"
    "We are indeed. Why do you care?" The Breton spoke, and she was clearly suspicious.
    "We care because your friend, Freyja, over there? She brought us here to speak to you. Now, what's happening with Markarth?"
    "Well," said the Nord, "It's been taken over, to put it simply. The Forsworn have been trying for years, and haven't managed it. It took the dragons and their Riders less than a day. We need an able group of people to take it back, and put an end to the menace."
    Isabel and Arya sat in silence. Isabel decided to let Aharon speak first.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    Varian saw where the Khajiit was pointing and walked over towards a middle aged Breton, an old Nord, a Bosmer, and two ladies. "Erm, your friend there wanted me to talk to you about me joining you. I don't suppose you would be so kind as to fill me in on the details would you? After all, I don't like to go into battles ill prepared."
    The old Nord looked at Varian with annoyed eyes, "Hmmm, you look fit enough I suppose, but you do realize you'll be fighting Dragons don't you? You'll have to take a whole city from them, it'll likely mean your death."
    Varian raised his eyebrows at the news, "Well... that wasn't what I was expecting. I thought you just wanted help clearing out a cave or maybe a ruin," Then Varian smiled," That said, I would be glad to assist you, it's been too long since I've had a good battle... Or companions, or a fist fight, or... Well, lets not get into that," Varian looked around at his new group," I have some left over money and I would be happy to share it with you," He untied a few coin purses and let them fall to the table, "Help yourselves."

(OOC: If I missed anything, tell me and I'll edit it in.)

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Eragon walked over after Varian, but heard the 'breifing'. "Im with Freyja, and she told me to join you." He said simply, "My name is Eragon." He noticed a few people, and could point the blades out easily. "Is it just us?" he asked, "Its not much." he said, looking around. "I don't mean any offence, but these are dragons and dragon riders. We'll need an army." He turned to Varian "This isn't exactly what I had in mind, but it looks like our adventure has already begun."