• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

tdatapina

Hero of Time
    "They are not our brethren. Egil is the only one who can be pissed at us, we kidnapped him. We needed to do it to draw you guys to us, we would have been here to greet you but Valerica had a vampire lord on the way. I thought you could handle a few thralls. Maybe I was wrong about your group after all, you don't know an ally when you see one. Egil, I'm not sorry, your hardship was needed to bring your group to us. Valerica kidnapped the Arch-Mage, does this interest you?" Egil looked up at hearing his name. Processing what the beast said, his head filled with rage. Everything the best said was blocked out by his thoughts. "Look beast, you think this was the way to get us to work with you?! Capture us, cage us, and nearly MURDER OUR FRIEND?" Egil was up on the vampire by now, pushing him up against the wall. "If this is what you consider making friends, you need to rethink some things. Right now it's us against you and if you were smart, you'd back off." Egil turned to look at his group. Brendala? An awkward silence lingered in the air. "Let us think about it for a moment..." The beast just stood there. "Alone."

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    ((OOC: With me, I do " for speech and ' for thought, if it's not too confusing.))

Alex didn't like the ignorance he was facing. "We didn't nearly kill anyone," Alex snapped, pushing Egil back, "We didn't capture anyone," pushing the man firmer, "and we didn't cage anyone." Alex nearly yelled pushing the man so he'd nearly but not quite stumble. "Don't threaten me mortal, if you were smart you'd back off and accept. The hostility isn't needed any longer. The groups ignorance got you caged, and your ignorance would have had you attack us on sight had we tried any other methods. If you must talk alone, fine." Alex goes to walk out of the door, "Next time someone indicates those thralls are ours or that you being caged is our fault I'll slice them open." Alex then proceeds to walk out of the room.

He walked the halls, hearing a scream from another corridor. "Probably Jokars doing.." Alex thought. He kept walking, with only darkness to accompany him. He couldn't shake off the feeling that he was no longer the protagonist of his own life, that was merely a side character or even the antagonist. That Egil, or even the whole group, were the heroes.

'Jokar will likely join them...' he thought, he turned left, 'I'll be left with nothing.' He started walking faster. 'Everyone will be-' his fists clenched, millions of thoughts flooded through his mind.

'they're right'
    'I'm gone'
    'Humanity lost'
    'Hope taken'
    'Selfish'
    'Deceitful'
    'Insane'
    Until finally it stopped, and his head cleared, the anger swelled up inside him. He didn't feel weakened nor strengthened by it, he felt driven by it. He slowing started to not care about all of the petty mortal problems, he realized he was beginning to feel like a stereotypical vampire. All because they won't let him be anything else, so much precautions and mistrust. The way Alex had captured Egil. It was necessary, that much is certain, but the way Alex just grabbed his throat. Unnecessary force, and he didn't care.

Anger began to fade away, and so did his soul.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    Ralyx watched as the vampire and Egil were all up in each others faces. The vampire pushed Egil away as he shouted that they hadn't done anything wrong. Ralyx laughed slightly and looked down at the floor. Quite a temper, I see. He looked back up and just got a peak of the angry vampire leaving the room.

"Did that guy just say he didn't cage anyone?" Ralyx lifted his shoulder and looked at the others with an amused face. "Can you say you agree Egil? Because I am sure they said something about capturing you being needed." He started to laugh again, moving his hand down to the hilt of his sword,to show that he wasn't to sure about these new 'friendly' faces. "Well. Their change of opinions confuse me..."

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    "You honour us with your presence Lord!" The ragged savage Thrall said in surprise as Jokar entered the larger chamber which most Thralls had turned to a living area, piles of hay and poorly managed sleeprools littered the floor, and crates and barrels of various sizes substituted tables, piles of bad food and rusty weapons laid upon these "tables". Jokar counted nineteen Thralls inside, with the three killed earlier by Mercer, there was at least five more somewhere in the fort.

He looked to the astonished Thrall in front of him, as he managed a poor resemblance of a bow, his legs seemed to shake, in terror or respect, Jokar did not know, nor did he care.

"H-how may we serve such divine beings as you?" There were two different types of Thralls, the risen ones, dead corpses given life by vampires, but those acted with utter stupidity mostly, as the magic was not often strong enough to bring all of the person back functional. And then there were the worshippers, humans spellbound by vampires to act as slaves, they were utterly devoted to the vampires, and many began worshipping these as their gods, casting aside their religions, aedra and daedra alike, the ragged man stood in a trembling bow in front of Jokar was one of those madmen, his eyes wild and savage.

Jokar did not pity these men, they were no better than vampires.

"...What... can you do for me." He stepped up to the man, now sat on both knees, grasping for breath as Jokar leaned in towards him, setting his lips besides the man's right ear, and his Chitin clad hand gripped firmly around the Thralls neck, he moaned more in pleasure, to be touched by his "divine" outmatched the fear others would feel from this, other Thralls stopped their conversations, their labor, and some worryingly grasped their rusted blades discreetly, suspecting something sinister.

Jokar smiled. "Die." His fingers dug further into the throat, and ripped a massive hole straight through the now lifeless man's neck. Jokar let the carcass hit the ground, as he raised himself to face the eighteen other Thralls, some raising their axes, pikes and setting arrows to their bows, others still remaining seated, not sure what to do at all.

He raised his arms wide, pulled his head back, closed his eyes and let the whispers control him, they chanted within him, louder and louder, until the sound of charging Thralls ebbed out utterly, and the chants utterly cloaked him. He felt the souls gather to him, his body served as the gate, his final thought, before the voices took control, he thought of Jessara.

And he roared.

The lights were turned out, and his body was no longer his, he was an instrument, a weapon.

His ancestors flew through him, scorching, clawing, defiling everything, Jokar shook violently at this, this was the wrath of an entire race, an entire people, unleashed by their gods to bring destruction onto Nirn in the shape of fire.

All the Thralls had enough mind left to feel terror at this, as they were defiled utterly by the flames, Jokar could not hear the screams, but surely they must have echoed throughout the fort, screams in fear, and the sinister screams of the souls summoned to the chamber.

As the last Thrall died, impaled by the souls, they ebbed back through Jokar, back to their own plane of existence; the Afterlife, leaving Jokar collapsed in the center of the unrecognisable room, fainted from exhaustion.

The room was utterly destroyed, the once moss-covered stones were now scorched with flames. All furniture were thrown around the room, burning to ashes in different piles. And the bodies, the souls savoured all they could from the few chances they were granted to unleash their wrath upon mortals, the bodies were placed around the room, some attached to the stone walls, with their own weapons stuck through their chests, others were torn limb from limb, all were burnt past recognition, and their blood painted the room, poorly illuminated by nothing but the petty fires nutritioned by the burning wood of barrels and crates.

tdatapina

Hero of Time
    Egil stumbled backward as the beast pushed him off of him. He grunted in pain as he felt a sharp pain run through his side. "Don't threaten me mortal, if you were smart you'd back off and accept. The hostility isn't needed any longer. The groups ignorance got you caged, and your ignorance would have had you attack us on sight had we tried any other methods. If you must talk alone, fine. Next time someone indicates those thralls are ours or that you being caged is our fault I'll slice them open." The beast walked out the room as he finished his final statement.

"Did that guy just say he didn't cage anyone? Can you say you agree Egil? Because I am sure they said something about capturing you being needed. Well. Their change of opinions confuse me..." Egil began to speak but found himself suddenly out of breath. He fell to his knees and gasped for air. Moments passed but they seemed like hours and when he caught his breath he slowly rose and faced the group. He smiled at Ralyx and nodded his head. "Did you hear that guys? They didn't cage us, they didn't nearly kill any of us." Looking over at Amy, he gave her a sympathetic smile. He looked back at the rest of the group and continued. "This isn't going to work. We can't team up with these animals. I say we let them think we've given them a chance, and when they're not expecting it, we kill em." A devilish smile crept across his face. "But when we do it, let me get the one that just spoke to us." He curled his hand into a fist, satisfied that he may soon be taking his revenge.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    Amy had somewhat zoned out, but she vaguely caught the bat-vampire yelling and shoving Egil. He then left the room, obviously ticked. Ralyx said something about a changing of opinions. But Amy's focus was on her pain, and fantasies of things that could end it. Ice. Skooma. Frozen skooma?

But after Ralyx was finished, something...happened. It was impossible to explain, but the mortal plane shifted. She then heard a vaguely familiar voice say something to her-Stay wary, Huntress. Very powerful forces are at work here...

As you will, My Lord.

Things returned to normal, and Egil began to speak. Amy managed to focus now.
    "Did you hear that guys? They didn't cage us, they didn't nearly kill any of us." He looked over to Amy and smiled. Sympathy? Keep that to yourself.
    He looked back at the rest of the group and continued. "This isn't going to work. We can't team up with these animals. I say we let them think we've given them a chance, and when they're not expecting it, we kill em." A devilish smile crept across his face. "But when we do it, let me get the one that just spoke to us."

"As long as you don't mind fighting me for him," Amy smiled back. She was somewhat joking, as she knew Egil probably had a better reason to want to kill him. "Whatever, if you guys don't want to sleep until this is all over, go for it. Although if the human one is going to continue being an ass, I can't guarantee I'll wait for the order to strike."

Pufftuff

OOC: Sorry for the long intro. Figured I would have a good reason for arriving so late.

Windhelm was never the prettiest city in Skryim and was always bleak, but since the sun disappeared it only got worse. People were confined mostly to their homes, vampires were in complete control over the city. Murder, theft, and assaults were common now, the Vampires weren't there to keep order just to herd their cattle.

Bjorn Gelotte, a young Nord man sat in his home with his mother and sister, they were scared, and he was lost in thought trying to think about how to save his family. He had kept a low profile since the occupation but he knew he needed to get his family out of Windhelm things were getting worse and worse by the day. Food was scarce and he knew sooner than later the Vampires would come in and take his family away. So a plan began, first he needed to figure out how he was gonna get out of the city, second he needed to figure out where they were gonna go after they got out. As he sat nursing a bottle of mead in front of a very small fire he thought to himself, 'I have to assume all the major cities are at least monitored if not completely under their control. Small villages would have been wiped out first, but their may be some people hold up after but that's not a long term fix. I heard that there was a refugee camp in the Rift with the remnants of the Dawnguard.' he nodded to himself. Now to figure out how to get out of the city. He stood up and looked to his mother and sister. "I love you both, I will be back I'm going to get us out of this I promise." With that he threw on a cloak and walked out the door.

Weeks had passed and Bjorn carefully scoped out every way out of the city, he found his weak spot, the docks. Just a couple guards at the entrance but other than that the docks were empty he was able to see that boats still remained docked and that he could use one to escape down the river. Bjorn went to his mother and sister with his idea. His mother was hesitant but knew that staying meant death for sure, she still had to say he piece though. "Bjorn my son, I know you think you have to do this since your father and brother passed. I don't hold you to taking care of us, but you have risked so much to get us to this point I will follow your plan, I hate to see you risk your life for us." Bjorn looked up and continued to pack, "Mother when we leave this house all our lives are at risk. If you both just follow my every word we will get through this." he finished packing his bag and motioned for them to get ready to go.

Bjorn started a large fire and made sure the lanterns in the house were lit. Bjorn, his mother and sister began their way to the docks. They snuck through the cemetery and waited for a large patrol to pass by, this was gonna be the hardest part is running across the center of town in front of the main doors. Bjorn looked back to his mother and sister, "You have to trust me. I'm going to get their attention, then you two hit the wall of Candlehearth sneak around and run into the Grey Quarter. Duck into the first awning to can." his sister grabbed his hand and didn't say a word, just looked at him and nodded. Bjorn walked towards the gates, in seconds he was swarmed by Vampires, he counted at least 10. 'There is no way I'll survive this if I screw up.' Bjorn stumbled forward a few more feet and began to speak slurring and acting drunk. "YOU KNOW WHAT!" He shouted loudly. "I'm done waiting for one of you 'suckheads' to jusht shhhhow up and deshide that today is the day I get to be your dinner...." The Vampires seemed to calm down. "Just another fool drinking away the days till it's his turn. Take him home he's not gonna be much of a meal like this." One of the Vampires asked him where he lived and Bjorn leaned forward and pointed towards the Grey Quarter falling on his face. The Vampire picked him up and drug him off, as soon as they were in the shadows Bjorn tripped the Vampire grabbed him by the head and smashed it into the ground several times until the vampire stopped fighting back. "Vera!? Mother!?" He said in a loud whisper, "Bjorn over here." Vera replied. He retrieved his weapon and shield from his bag and they continued on to the docks. As they got to the docks entrance they witnessed the two guards walk away in a hurry. Without much thought Bjorn lead his mother and sister to the docks, as they loaded their things on to a small boat a chill ran up Bjorn's spine. He looked to his left and realized his mother was gone, he spun around and dropped to his knees. His mother lie at the feet of five Vampires, her throat ripped out blood all over the ground, sorrow welling up inside, Bjorn in a strange calmness took up arms. He rushed the group knocking two back with his shield and crushing ones head with a swing to the right with his mace. He looked back to his sister saying sternly, "Don't you scream Vera. Get in the boat and get out of here....NOW!" spinning back around he sees the remaining Vampires coming at him at speed. One lunged forward and was struck on the top of the head dropping him to the ground, then he was tackled, the Vampire laughed as he laid punch after punch on Bjorn's face. Looking through the blood in his eyes Bjorn, grabbed his mace and swung it blindly striking the vampire in the torso. He got up and ran to the boat with his sister in it. They made their way down the river.

Days passed and Bjorn knew what he had to do. Watching his sister cry for days, he knew that he would fight these monsters. He and his sister met a small group on a farm in the Rift that mentioned a rumor that the college had been investigating something near Helgen. Bjorn left his sister with the group and set off for Falkreath hoping to find some semblance of a resistance. He had no idea what he was getting into......

Tiaz Raydari

Champion of Khorne
    Che'anni walked along the corridors, trying to make her way back to the group. She had found most of the group's gear in the fort's basement. The thralls had it marked up for storage, maybe being sent to some vampire lord as trophies, or other reasons.

She turned a corner, and then heard Egil sprouting up with his plans again or part of it. Egil was facing most of the group "This isn't going to work. We can't team up with these animals. I say we let them think we've given them a chance, and when they're not expecting it, we kill em." Che'anni saw him partly grinning at this point "But when we do it, let me get the one that just spoke to us."

At this point Che'anni wanted to chime in but Amy beat her to it.
    "As long as you don't mind fighting me for him," Amy smiled "Whatever, if you guys don't want to sleep until this is all over, go for it. Although if the human one is going to continue being an ass, I can't guarantee I'll wait for the order to strike." she said.

"Well I'm not counting myself in until you prove me wrong, even if it would be too late you can tell me yourself that you told me so," She said. "Also most of our stuff seems to be stored downstairs, although I don't know what the thralls intended for it" She stared at Egil, and then went back at her thoughts. "I shouldn't tell the vampires of his plans, surely it would just make things worse."

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    Che'anni walked back into the room, and Ralyx just realized that he hadn't noticed her absence during the conversation with the two vampires. "Well I'm not counting myself in until you prove me wrong, even if it would be too late you can tell me yourself that you told me so," She said. "Also most of our stuff seems to be stored downstairs, although I don't know what the thralls intended for it" Ralyx just noticed that his clawed glove had been removed, and so he made his way over to the exit. "I'll just go grab my stuff."

As he walked trough the halls on his way to the stairs leading down, he thought about what he was really doing with this group. Their numbers had shrieked a lot, but was that really a good enough reason to take in two vampires? He didn't mind the elf though. He seemed to hate being a vampire just as much as Ralyx hated them. You are getting crazy, boy...He thought to himself with a smile.

In the basement he could see his clawed glove lying on a table by one of the walls. There you are.He said as he picked it up. He quickly put the glove on and let his fingers once again get used to the metallic feeling they gave. They took my glove, but why not my sword… This didn’t make any sense to him, but he didn’t take too long to think about it before he could hear a faint screaming coming from another part in the fort.

Ralyx followed the screams until he stood outside of a slightly opened door. The screaming was clearly coming from this room. But just as he was about to enter, the whole fort seemed to go silent. Probably just my imagination. Ralyx thought and turned away. But before he got time to walk away a strange smell filled his nostrils. Burned meat. Human meat. Now I’m hungry too…

He turned back to the door and opened it fully to see what was going on inside. The sight he met was traumatizing. The walls were filled with dead, burned copses. Ralyx looked around to see what could have done it, and that’s when he noticed the Dunmer laying by the wall. Ralyx laughed as he walked closed to the vampire. “Pretty good work you’ve done here. I must say.” The elf seemed unconscious so Ralyx got down on his knees to see if he was still alive. “You alive?” He asked as he shook his shoulder violently, not sure if he wanted him to wake up or not.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    He felt the touch, not his body, but his conscious. The man from earlier stood kneeling above Jokar's seemingly lifeless body. Lifeless... He had been that way for centuries now, how was this different?
    The vision faded, the weak lights of the room grew vaguer, until there was naught left, but absolute darkness.
    He heard himself breathe, how did he breathe? He'd forgotten what it was like to live, why would they remind him now?

Their intentions grew clear suddenly, as his beloved Jessara stood in front of him, smiling, but suddenly bursting to flames, until he was blind once again.

"You killed her." The voices hissed, and his mind became someone else's, leaving him in trance, his mind journeyed back in his life, to a time under glistening sun. She was chained on the roof of the tower closest to shore on Volkihar, all denizens of the castle crowded the tower, thralls and vampires alike, even mists of bats, and the castle rats seemed to have come to spectate. And upon the tower, stood Harkon, hands cupped upon his blade, looking down onto her, and he stroked her chin, she winched by the gest. Jokar tried to pull free, to save her, but the vampires holding him were too strong, he could not move an inch, only watch. As a new day dawned, Harkon spoke to the crowds below, Jokar did not hear a word of it, he felt naught but agony, his eyes met hers, and he saw her tears. Suddenly, Harkon turned, to face the rising sun, and raised his arms to greet day, Jokar felt the sun slowly weakening him, and he felt the guards grip upon him loosen slightly, as they too were affected. But She felt it as if the sun itself had ridden down, to curse her new demon blood, as all did after not feeding for such long time. Her beautiful dark skin shone bright as the sun kissed it, and she would very slowly turn to ash, Jokar knew this. Her skin was already loosing petty particles of Sundust, caught in the northern wind, soaring south to Skyrim, she screamed from this, and Jokar felt desperation take him. A promise of loyalty, a deal to swap places with her, and a threat to end Clan Volkihar, were all cast upon Lord Harkon by the prisoned Jokar, but none answered, except for her screams. Finally, when her shouts had turned to less than the whisper of a moan, Jokar took his last farewell of his Jessara, more dust than Dunmer, more dead than living, even as a vampire, but still alive, her lips moved, but words did not come out. I love you. His lips formed the words, as Harkon turned upon the remains of Jessara, his blade held high, roaring as he led the tip of the blade in a wide arc down upon her. And his world ceased to be.

His eyes slowly opened, he felt his dead heart in his chest, not pounding his body with blood. He felt the cold return to him, cloak him. And they went silent within him.

"No, no I am not alive." Jokar pushed the man's hand away from his shoulder, and slowly rose to stand on tremblinb feet. Once stood up right, he placed his Chitin helmet back on his head, hiding his glowing eyes, but still watching the man. And from under this helmet, his mask, he spoke:

"So everything's like it should be." he smiled, baring his fangs within the helmet, his only restrain to hide what he truly was.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    Ralyx was still kneeling over the unconscious vampire. The elf seemed to be in agony, even though h didn’t say anything. Suddenly he opened his eyes and looked straight at Ralyx before he pushed his arm away. "No, no I am not alive." His voice seemed sharp, and he got up on his feet, took on his helmet and started to walk towards the door. "So everything's like it should be." This made Ralyx frown before he too got up on his feet, following the vampire out from the room.

“So. Seeing what you did back there…” Ralyx started, but he took a small pause. “It clearly shows that you have a lot of power.” He laughed slightly, hoping the vampire would do the same. “Yet…” he continued. “Something still seems to hold you back from reaching your full potential. Am I right?” Ralyx cleared his throat and swallowed as they continued through the fort.

Suddenly the Dunmer stopped dead. He seemed to still be exhausted from the fight he had had with the thralls. “To be honest. I feel a bit bad for you…” Ralyx said with a slick smile. "You see. I know it’s not easy to lose something or someone you love.” He laughed. “But still. Don’t we all have to make some sacrifices to reach the maximum off what we can be?” He now stood next to the elf, both looking straight forward.

“Just look at your ‘friend’, Alex, right? No matter. He seems to be extremely powerful, and knowing it.” He said the last part with his teeth pressed together. “I’m sure he had a decent life before he became heartless, no offence. And we got Amy. You know, he wolf you ‘saved’ from being fried into a steak back there.” He laughed again. “Well, they also remind me of something else… The fact that we all got our inner animals. Just that they both chose to ‘release’ their beast. No secret that I like Amy better than Alex though.” He looked over at the vampire still standing there. “You want to know something funny?” He laughed again. “The reason Egil, the one you caged, or didn’t cage, I don’t know. Anyways, The reason he was all alone in the forest at the time you found him, was that he actually asked Amy, the wolf, to change all of us into werewolfs. Crazy, eh?” Ralyx took a deep breath before he continued again:

“My name is Ralyx by the way. You don’t find me crazy, I hope?”

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    ((OOC: Let me know if black is taken, I looked and couldn't see anyone using it but I can change it in case it is somebody elses.))

Alex was devising a new plan, befriend the mortals. He did genuinely want peace and comfort, but he just didn't like how difficult it would be to obtain. He turned around and started walking back where Egil and the rest were, he took a deep breath before stepping out. "Hello." They all gawked at him. "I understand the hate and discomfort, but from now on I'll be rational on the grounds that you also are." He did a quick scan over everyone in the room. "I am going to trust you, trust you wont stab me in the back, trust you will allow me to do what I need to do, I won't make an attempt at any leadership positions. I want simply to aid you, so you tell me what to do. I don't mean make me your bitch, I expect some respect. I'll return it to you. This can work, it wont be easy, killing each other would be easy. This will require patience and intelligence, and I expect no less from all of you. If anyone has a problem with what I say or do, inform me, I'll do what I can." Alex just knew someone would try take advantage of this, but he hoped he would receive the respect he was giving. If this was going to work, he'd need all of their cooperation. "Please, forgive me for my earlier behavior, but an alliance should be forged now. Does anybody object?"

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    Jokar slowly marched out of the room, his sword Jessara clutched in his hand, swinging as he slowly forced himself onwards, occassionally grunting from exhaustion, or misplacing a foot, nearly making himself trip.

The man behind him rose from the ground, the metallic noise eminating from his armor revealing all his physical intentions, and a fast-paced metallic serie of Thuds could be heard from behind Jokar, the man was following him.

“So. Seeing what you did back there…” Jokar laughed shortly at this.
    "You have no idea..." He didn't feel any reason to explain the phenomenon further, and left it there.

“Yet…” he continued. “Something still seems to hold you back from reaching your full potential. Am I right?”
    Jokar stopped, sighed and looked dead-eyed onward into the dimly lit corridor, moss hanging from the stone roof, damp water drops slowly dripping at a few spots, illuminating the to-be utter silence after the man's question in a mechanic cascade of dripping, a quite harmonic background sound.

“To be honest. I feel a bit bad for you… You see. I know it’s not easy to lose something or someone you love.”
    Jokar felt his anger rush, and the dripping sound was no longer alone, quiet whispers echoed through the corridor, filling his mind with schemes and plots and such.

The man laughed, and Jokar's free hand clutched into a tight fist, the temptation of letting in to the demon within grew, and the whispers urged him on, they longed for blood.

“But still. Don’t we all have to make some sacrifices to reach the maximum of what we can be?” Jokar felt his body bracing, so long that the pain begun flooding him. He still stood still, looking forward, but within he battled for control, as he had done so many times before.

“Just look at your ‘friend’, Alex, right? No matter. He seems to be extremely powerful, and knowing it.The whispers went silent, and his body loosened up, he relaxed again, and his senses belonged to him. What was the man insinuating?

“I’m sure he had a decent life before he became heartless, no offence. And we got Amy. You know, he wolf you ‘saved’ from being fried into a steak back there.” He laughed again. “Well, they also remind me of something else… The fact that we all got our inner animals. Just that they both chose to ‘release’ their beast. No secret that I like Amy better than Alex though.” The man spoke truth, but did not see the whole picture, his enthusiasm for the power granted was... unsettling.
    He continued.
    “You want to know something funny?” He laughed once again. “The reason Egil, the one you caged, or didn’t cage, I don’t know. Anyways, The reason he was all alone in the forest at the time you found him, was that he actually asked Amy, the wolf, to change all of us into werewolfs. Crazy, eh?
    Jokar looked up again, that idea had never struck him, he knew nothing of side-effects of the blessings of Hircine, only those of Molag Bal, those he had been subject to for so long now. The idea could be a blessing, but Jokar knew better to only see the bright side of a deal with a Daedra such as Hircine.

“My name is Ralyx by the way. You don’t find me crazy, I hope?” The man called Ralyx prevented the idea from growing any larger in Jokar's mind, perhaps that was for the best. He turned his head to Ralyx, and in his helmet, he smiled thinly.

"Jokar, Jokar Vandeni." He turned his face back forward, looking downwards to the stone floor ahead of them, and slowly begun walking down the corridor, there were too few Thralls left in the castle to be of any immediate danger, he had time for conversation.

"And no, you just talk alot." he said mockingly back to Ralyx, and waved his free hand to urge him to follow him.

"Most others despise vampires, but at least you speak to us in free will, how come?" He asked tiredly back at Ralyx, as he scanned the woods outside the small windows for any sign of attack, but the forests seemed silent.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    Ralyx left the room for his things after a woman returned and said she saw where the thralls had hidden everything. Amy was about to ask if anyone remembered the way out, but the human vampire had returned.
    "Hello." Amy simply cast him a dull look. Just get on with it. "I understand the hate and discomfort, but from now on I'll be rational on the grounds that you also are." He did a quick scan over everyone in the room. Ah, yes. Perhaps you should have opened with that. "I am going to trust you, trust you wont stab me in the back, trust you will allow me to do what I need to do, I won't make an attempt at any leadership positions. I want simply to aid you, so you tell me what to do. I don't mean make me your bitch, I expect some respect. I'll return it to you. This can work, it wont be easy, killing each other would be easy. This will require patience and intelligence, and I expect no less from all of you. If anyone has a problem with what I say or do, inform me, I'll do what I can." Just like you handled the earlier situation by locking us up and claiming you were innocent and smarter than us? "Please, forgive me for my earlier behavior, but an alliance should be forged now. Does anybody object?"
    Amy looked around for Brendela, but she was no where to be found. Figures. We actually need her for something and she disappears. Some "leader".

"I suppose you could be useful, so long as you aren't going to lie to us anymore. Don't ask me to be your friend, but for now I will put up with you. Oh, and tell your friend needs to stay away from my skooma." She thought about trying to get him to carry her heavy armor, since she wasn't feeling up to putting it back on. But he had said he wasn't going to be her bitch, and Amy had said she didn't want to be friends, so there was really no point.

Amy thought she heard a scream from somewhere else in the fort, but it was faint enough that she could have imagined it. None of the others seemed to notice, so she decided to ignore it.

As the others put in their say of the vampire's apology, Amy decided to take the skooma. She couldn't just walk around without armor, and hopefully the skooma would numb her enough to put it on.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    "Jokar, Jokar Vandeni." The vampire answered before he slowly started to walk again, gesturing for Ralyx to follow him. Ralyx didn’t hesitate in following Jokar, even though he was a vampire. It was something about him that made Ralyx feel related to him. "Most others despise vampires, but at least you speak to us in free will, how come?" Jokar said as he peeked out one of the windows. His voice sounded tired, yet determined. Ralyx laughed, and looked out form another window close by. The forest laid calmly in the night, or day. For a second it seemed like the world was back to normal. Before the vampires came along and made it into a living hell.

“Well, you see, Jokar…” Ralyx started and turned to look at the tired looking vampire. “I feel like everyone is somewhat the same. As I said earlier, we all got an inner animal, or beast. And we’re all forced to release it sooner or later. The question is, when?” He took a short break turning back to looking out the window. “The only thing that makes us somewhat different is… The constant changes everyone must face. But that’s what we want, right? The ‘change’! We’re complex creatures. Never happy with what we got. So we choose to sacrifice, sometimes we’re forced though, but we still sacrifice something to get on with life…” He stopped.

“May I ask what you had to sacrifice?” Jokar spoke up, but still looking out the window. Ralyx smiled at the question. “Of course.” He started. “My life. Several times, to be honest.” His smile faded slightly, but it could still be seen. “I believe you know about the ‘offer’? The promise of a better life. All you have to do is to give up everything you already have. Simple, eh? No. This new, better life isn’t what you think. You may not notice it the first days, weeks, months, not even the first years. But you’ll eventually find out that this life is just as bad as the one you had. If not worse.” He took another pause, breathing in the cold air streaming in from a small crack in the window.

“But! You can always choose to escape… However, escape where? To a new life, perhaps? Most of us do, sadly. But who are we trying to trick. The same thing will just happen again and again and again. An infinite loop of ‘new lives’.” Ralyx started to laugh yet again. “We have one escape that is the end, though. Death! But that’s boring right? So we all just keep on striving forward, lying to ourselves. Promising that there will be a better life eventually.” He turned back to Jokar. “I’m sorry to tell you. It doesn’t get any better than this.” He started to laugh madly until he coughed.

“Sorry. You must think I‘m insane. And I’m clearly talking too much. Let’s go find the others. Eh?”

tdatapina

Hero of Time
    "I suppose you could be useful, so long as you aren't going to lie to us anymore. Don't ask me to be your friend, but for now I will put up with you. Oh, and tell your friend needs to stay away from my skooma." "Useful? This piece of plops would be nothing but a burden on us. How are we to trust that he won't attack us? How do we know it's safe to take our eyes off him? I won't be getting a second of sleep until I shove my sword down his throat." Egil scoffed at the vampire before continuing. "Objections? Hell ya I've got an objection. He started towards the vampire but stopped himself halfway there. He took a deep breath before he began to speak again. "You know what? It's up to you guys, but I'm keeping my eye on this monster." Angrily, he turned his back and went to go find his stuff.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Alex tried to keep his face void of emotion, but annoyance was clear on his face. He wanted to grab the man and tear his throat out, but he controlled himself. He ignored the disrespectful slander. "I understand your anger, as you're the one who I actually harmed. Its understandable, but I will be far from a burden. These vampires, I can fight them for you. I wont catch the disease, and I'm killing your enemies." Alex stared Egil down a moment, squinting his eyes a little as he thought. Then he made his decision. "You want to kill me, I get that." Alex said as he stepped his way closer. "Impale me with your sword, once. Go ahead." Alex stopped about half a swords length away, and he could still see the anger in the man. He could feel it. "I'll survive." Egil was silent a moment. "But I'm not a monster unless you make me one, but I'd prefer to stay on the side of humanity. You may not like it pretty boy, but I'm not the monster you think I am. So lets keep a cool head before we cause irreparable damage." Alex took one step closer to the man. "I'm sorry for what I did to you, but its happened now, we cant change that. You're alive, we're all alive. Lets keep it that way, okay? That isn't a threat, but just think about it. There's so much we can do, destroy Harkons clan, bring the sun back... I can help you." Alex only expected more anger and arguments, but he was trying.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    As Amy took a bit of the skooma, she noticed Egil and the vampire were going at it again. As the skooma began to take effect, Amy found it extremely funny. She could not contain her laughter. It bubbled up inside of her, until it overflowed, spilling out of her. She had to lean up against the nearby wall to hold herself up. It still hurt, but Amy was momentarily distracted from her pain. Hadn't Egil been the one to suggest the vampire come along? And then the vampire claiming a sword through his gut wouldn't kill him? Wouldn't he bleed to death at the least? These two were acting very silly.

Then again, Amy was sitting in the back of the room with almost no clothes on and laughing uncontrollably.

After some-what composing herself, Amy decided to say something to Egil. "Oh, come on, the poor guy's so dumb he can't even come up with a believable lie, how could he be smart enough to deceive us? If the time comes that he thinks about turning on us, we'll know. Besides, I don't sleep anyway!" She then looked at the vampire. "Did you ever tell us your name? I must have missed it if you did. I'm Amy, by the way."

Amy stood up and began to collect her armor off the floor, feeling a bit light-headed and stumbling a few times. The ebony was heavy, and it felt like wearing a coat on a sunburn when she put it on. And not a soft coat, but a solid metal one. She was probably going to need to drink some more of that skooma. But nonetheless, she put it on.

As she picked up her boots, she remembered that one of them had been torn up by a death hound. She looked to the dead thralls; hopefully the one had been right about being Amy's size.

The girl had been wearing plain leather boots, a bit of a step down from the vampire's boots Amy had been wearing. But it was definitely better than nothing, and the boots fit her.

"Perhaps we should check what's keeping Ralyx and the other vampire. You said you knew where they had our things?" Amy asked the Imperial woman who had said something earlier.

tdatapina

Hero of Time
    "I understand your anger, as you're the one who I actually harmed. Its understandable, but I will be far from a burden. These vampires, I can fight them for you. I wont catch the disease, and I'm killing your enemies." Egil clenched his fist trying to contain his anger as the beast spoke. "You want to kill me, I get that." With each word he stepped closer and closer to Egil until hes not more than a foot away. "Impale me with your sword, once. Go ahead. I'll survive. But I'm not a monster unless you make me one, but I'd prefer to stay on the side of humanity. You may not like it pretty boy, but I'm not the monster you think I am. So lets keep a cool head before we cause irreparable damage. By now the vampire and Egil were as close as they could be. His cold, dead eyes looked into Egil's and he could almost see forgiveness; but he refused to believe it. These heartless animals were incapable of feeling. "I'm sorry for what I did to you, but its happened now, we cant change that. You're alive, we're all alive. Lets keep it that way, okay? That isn't a threat, but just think about it. There's so much we can do, destroy Harkons clan, bring the sun back... I can help you." Egil's rage was nearly about to burst. The only thing stopping him from showing him what that his sword through the vampire would indeed kill him was his lack of his sword.

As he was about to speak he heard a laugh from the back of the room. I short, childish giggle. Amy? He turned around to see Amy leaning against the wall for support. Skooma dripped from her lips and she closed her eyes as she laughed some more. Then she was silent. Nothing but a smile on her face, she stared straight towards Egil before speaking. "Oh, come on, the poor guy's so dumb he can't even come up with a believable lie, how could he be smart enough to deceive us? If the time comes that he thinks about turning on us, we'll know. Besides, I don't sleep anyway!" She turned her head toward the vampire, her childish grin still forced onto her face by the skooma. "Did you ever tell us your name? I must have missed it if you did. I'm Amy, by the way."

Eveyone watched as Amy stood slowly, staggering to get her armor. She giggled as she tried to put on her second boot as she realized she didn't have them. She finished the rest of her armor rather quickly. "Perhaps we should check what's keeping Ralyx and the other vampire. You said you knew where they had our things?"

"Yes good idea. I don't feel safe without my equipment." That was the truth. Egil wasn't one to fear for his live often, but in a fort surrounded by vampires and without armor or a weapon, how could anyone feel safe? Maybe he could fight them off with the little magic that he knew, but his magicka would drain fast, and he was no expert in hand to hand confirmation. He looked towards the Imperial woman, the one whom Amy had spoken to earlier, awaiting her answer. Egil was incredibly eager to get his stuff back.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Egil just ignored Alex, and Amy was a disrespectful little brat. Right then and there he truly understood the patience he would need to succeed, to gain the trust he felt he deserved. Egil turned towards another woman and Amy was just high. It was ironic that Amy would insult Alex's intelligence as she just made herself to high to be able to do anything if Alex was truly the monster she thought he was.

Alex wanted to be good, he really did, but being bad could feel so good. Before the woman could respond Alex but in. "I also know. Jokar has taken the liberty of making the fort safer, just head downstairs to find what your equipment." Alex expected a bitchy remark on him not being asked, these people really were incompetent. He was doing his best to try see intelligence in them, but so far he saw very little in the two he was talking to.

Without saying anymore, he left the room. Inevitably a stupid remark would be said, he just knew it. He went off to find Jokar, and he did. But it was not Jokars voice Alex heard. “Sorry. You must think I‘m insane. And I’m clearly talking too much. Let’s go find the others. Eh?”

"They're getting their equipment, they shouldn't be long." Alex said, as the pair looked towards him. "We should head outside and wait," Alex said to Jokar, "Then they can decide if they'll have us along." Alex said it like they had a choice, they did not. "I tried being kind, and apologizing, but there's a disrespectful little drug addict and a psycho, although his is a little more understandable." Alex looked over to Ralyx, then back to Jokar. "Those two aren't smart. One is in no condition to fight, the other has no weapon yet they try to provoke me. They want to bring a monster out of me, then they'll have a reason to hate me beyond forgiveness. Don't let it happen to you Jokar." Alex then left the room, having no reaction to the gore in the room they were in. Alex went outside to find the weather had cleared up, he looked around with his vampiric vision letting him see in the dark. He also used a spell, to detect anything that could move. Nothing. Not even an animal was nearby, and it made him feel alone. He enjoyed his solitary time.

It wasn't long before he heard footsteps, they were soon to leave this dreadful place behind.