• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    Lyle followed the woman all the way to the Inn. He then went around back and looked through the window(After using his claws as tools to climb up to the window sill). He then saw what the Skooma actually did to the Dragon. " I need to write this down in my poisons journal"
    Lyle then saw how the womans fangs sunk into her prey( At least Lyle hoped it was her prey, he really didn't want to try to kill the dragon again) When she finished her eyes were Bloodshot red .(Get it? , Bloodshot red? Hahahaha) She then proceeded to talk to the knight again. As she walked out the door she glanced at the window. Lyle ducked under the window sill. As he ducked , he slipped and fell to the snow covered ground. He landed on his feet while throwing his arms to the ground to stabilize his landing. As he started walking towards the city gate he felt a pain in his left hand. He looked and saw a gash going across his hand. " Darn pinecones"
    He then pulled out some rags he stole from the Inn while confronting the knight for the first time. ( Lyle's first plan was to caver a rag in wolfsbane,and Sabrecat tooth syrup, In this plan his poison would instantly poison his target and then Lyle would kill him, But the latest target has proven to be a handfull)

OOC When I say Dragon I'm reffering to Geel
    Also srry for my sense of humor I couldn't help it lol

Geel-Kajin

Geel gasped. He heard noises- words perhaps, distorted and seemingly far away. His head swam slowly, unable to get a grasp on reality. It was as if he was in a nightmare- and was unable to wake up.

A stinging sensation pierced his neck, and from it he felt his life drain slowly. He hissed slightly, trying to swipe it away with his claw. His hand refused to move more than an inch, feeling almost disconnected from him. Dammit...can't move, the pain... Whatever that thing was, it sapped his strength, leaving him weak and exhausted.

Geel's body bucked, struggling against the sapping power. Beneath all the pain, he was terrified. He wasn't even going to die by the drug which went through him; instead he would perish by some unknown predator which slowly drained him. He tried once again to move, but his limbs felt like lead.

Suddenly, the pain at his neck went away. He stirred slightly, his body trying to adjust. No matter how hard he forced himself, he couldn't wake up. It was like trying to break through walls of steel and iron, escaping the toughest prison. He roared inside his head, forcing, struggling out. Against the pain, against everything.

So he did.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Watching the Glass Knight walk off, Melee shook her head and sat back down at the table. She glanced across the table at Emberlynn, who was nervously watching Circe ascend the stairs to her room. That poor girl. I can't imagine what she's going through right now. I just hope that Circe woman knows what she's doing. I also hope that Emberlynn knows that we're here to help her, not hurt her. Melee leaned forward and stretched her arms across the table, smiling warmly at Emberlynn. "I haven't had a chance to say it yet, but I'm really happy that you're ok, Emberlynn. We've really missed you here."

She pulled her hands back toward her, choosing not to ask about how things had been going since she had run off that last night they spent in the cave. She didn't wish to make her feel any more uncomfortable than she was probably already feeling. We will discuss those things when the time is right, she decided.

A sudden burst of wind told her that the door to the inn had opened and someone had either walked in or just left. Before Melee could glance over to see for herself, a male Wood Elf who identified himself as Crow (That's an interesting name) had sat down next to her, cheerfully asking her if she knew anything about the group traveling Skyrim and hunting the Falmer. Melee looked at him, eyes wide with surprise at how forward he was when asking about the group. She blinked a few times while she gathered her thoughts and returned his smile. "Hello to you as well, Crow. My name is Melee, and I can only assume that you're talking about the group of adventurers that I am a part of. What makes you so eager to seek us out?"

Glass waited and waited, constantly looking towards Geel. He thought about that woman and the horrible cure for skooma. The woman had no right to do that, and Glass had warned her, but now it didn't matter... What had been done had been done and Glass could not turn back time.

He was pulled out of his thoughts because Geel made a strange, choking sound, but then returned to his state of sleeping. His scales were regaining their colors again, and Geel looked healthier. He might really live...

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    After receiving a drink at the bar, Circe slowly began to take small sips. She looked around the room as she did so, tuning her ears into different group's conversation when something caught her attention. Two men discussing a recent murder. She continued to listen, trying to figure out who it was. After a minute more of careful listening she heard that it was the Thane of Dawnstar. He was believed to have been murdered by the Falmer. I believe Geel will want to hear this.

She stood from her seat and made her way up the stairs, still carrying her half full bottle of mead. upon entered and found the Knight sitting besides Geel, watching him. Immediately she listened out for his heart beat and found it, a very weak thumping sound, quite erratic.

'I need to speak to Geel, if could please step aside.'

Circe was expecting the Knight to put up a petty fight. She really didn't have time for it.

'I can't be bothered with you're attitude. Just let me speak to the man.'

"I was not wrong to distrust you the first time. I will not leave. Talk to him now with me, or alone with him when he recovers"if he recovers.

Glass looked at the woman. Did she really think he would make the same mistake again?

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    To no surprise, he put up a fight. A fight that Circe had no intention of continuing. She climbed onto the end of the bed and crossed her legs.

'Geel, I know you can hear me, and I know you are weak right now. You do not need to respond. I would just like to inform you that I have heard word of the Thane of Dawnstar being murdered. According to the town's people he was murdered by Falmer. I will leave it up to you, as to what we shall do.'

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
    "I received a letter from a man named Alister who claimed to be looking for help dealing with the falmar, unfortunately the messenger was delayed and when I reach the meeting point at roirikstead it was to late. But when I heard of the assassination of the thane I thought your group would be attracted to deal with it. So tell me where is this Alister? Im eager to meet him". Crow said, eager to know more about the man who contacted him.

Geel-Kajin

L-light? Geel's eyes opened for a fraction of a second, then squeezed them shut again as blinding light burst in. He was awake. Body sore and throat burning, he coughed slightly as his body fought for air.

Voices, he heard them no doubt. They started becoming clearer now, the edges of the words no longer slurred. With effort, he tried to listen in to what they were saying.

'Geel..................... and I know you are weak right now. You do not need to respond. I would just like to inform you that I have heard word of the Thane of Dawnstar being murdered................ town's people he was murdered by Falmer. ............, as to what we shall do.'

That voice... Familiar. Slowly, he began to put everything together piece by piece, all the time seeming to fight oncoming waves of drowsiness. That voice was feminine, strangely haunting. Of course, he realized, it's the vampire. Suddenly, he remembered the pain on his neck, and panic overcame him. He tried to reach up and touch the back of his neck, but his limbs still moved sluggishly, despite him wakening from the climax of his agony.

It took a full five minutes for him to sit up, body shaking slightly as it tried to support his weight. The first few times he tried so he failed, frustrating himself when he fell back down again. His eyes searched the room wildly, for the first time noticing he had somehow entered a bed. At first, they were too blurred to see anything, vision seeming to swim. Then he saw the shimmer of the sellsword's glass armor, and a strange figure sitting cross legged nearby.

"ugh..." Geel tried to open his mouth, perhaps speak and address either of them, but realized he knew neither of their names. It wasn't like he was ready to address them either. His head felt like it was on fire. He instinctively went up to touch his neck, but already his mind was on other things. Thane of Dawnstar, murdered....Falmer? How...

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    Circe saw the confusion in Geel's foggy eyes, the pain that surged through him as he tried desperately to reach for the two wounds on his neck.

'Geel, if you haven't realised already, it is Circe speaking. You probably remember me as the Vampire sitting at the table. I would just like to tell you what has happened to you before the Knight beats me to it. I found you curled up in a stable, with a nasty cut on your neck, the smell of Skooma was lingering around you. I took you back to my bedroom in the inn, that is where we are now, and preformed a small operation on you.

The Skooma had only been in you're system for a few minutes. I knew leaving it in you're system would have been a death sentence.' Circe paused. 'I know about you're past relationship with the drug. I fed on you and removed so much of the drug that you're body could destroy it. You will not receive any more trouble from the drug, but you need to gain strength before moving.'

Geel-Kajin

Past relationship? How could she know?

Of course, thought Geel bitterly. I must still reek of stale skooma.

" Thank you, for what you have done. It appears I owe you my life." Second person I owe it too, he reminded himself. If Derath had not healed him then, he would never have survived until today. To both of them, he was grateful.

Geel turned his still pounding head towards the sellsword, who lurked by the shadow of the door. " Once, I questioned your loyalty. Now, the fact that you stand in the same room as a vampire, not fleeing but keeping watch, tells me something. Forgive my spiteful words."

But other than the fact his life still continued, shocking, considering the number of times he put himself in danger, there was also one more thing that bugged him. "Wh-Why Emberlynn? What do you want from her? She's new to the lifestyle, there is no knowledge you can possibly gain from her." Geel was still confused on why the vampire wished to meet Emberlynn. There was no way Emberlynn could tell the elder vampire anything Circe herself did not know.

" You also spoke of a Thane, murdered. By Falmer? Pray tell, Circe, how did such a thing occur?"

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    Circe looked down for a second and took her powerful gaze off of Geel.

'You must have gathered that I went through the same transformation when I was very young. No one helped me through it, no one was there to give me advice. When the hunger first hit me I killed instantly, not a mere stranger. Someone close to me. While I may be a cold blooded killer, my human emotions long since dried up, it would pain me to see another go through such torture.'

She looked up again, not a tear on her face. Like she has said, her human emotions were gone. Now Circe was a witty, vampire. While she may have been dangerous but knew that to keep herself alive meant she would have to make allies in this world.

'As for the thane, I do not know. I only got my information from two Nords at the bar. I am certain you will want to investigate. In you're current state it will take a day or two to recover, I could gather some blood if you would like and inject it into you. You will be as good as new in less than an hour. The choice is yours.'

Rale

Full-time Skeever King, TaliWhacker, Cheeseman
    Rale awoke to find himself in a dark, misty swamp. Dead trees spread out amongst the marshes and so much fog he could barely see ten metres in front of him. He looked at his reflection in the water, his face had no scars on it, he looked healthy and handsome. He was wearing fine clothes as well, not a dark, intimidating shroud with many weapons attached to it. He smiled, this was what he wished he looked like, if it wasn't for the life he led, maybe it could have been reality.

His thoughts were disturbed by a ripple in the water. He looked up and sees that it came from within the fog, the sound of splashing began to get louder, and the ripples in the water got bigger. Out of the fog stepped a hooded man, dressed in his fathers black Nightingale armor. Was it his father, back from the dead, or was it another Nightingale. As the shady figure walked closer, Rale cautiously stepped back in case this being may attack. He placed his hand onto his belt, but his sword wasn't there. Suddenly, the cloaked person stopped, and began to speak in a voice not too different from his own.
    "You call yourself an assassin, yet you are too cowardly to complete the contract of a lifetime. Kill the Dragonborn and you will go down as history as a legendary killer." The anonymous shadow paced from side to side, much like Rale did when intimidating someone.
    "But I don't want to kill a man whos saved us from our world being destroyed." Said Rale, with a worried and scared voice.
    "I don't see any dragons flying around anymore, he isn't needed. Go, kill him and prove yourself to everyone whos ever judged you."
    Before Rale could say anything else, a white flash went into his eyes and all went silent.

He awoke in his bed sweating. How long had he been asleep for, two days? He sat up and rubbed his sweaty face. Whoever that was in the dream, he was right, he needed to kill the Dragonborn.
    He put on his armor, picked up his weapons and walked out of the room. He noticed the group downstairs at different tables. He was too tired to talk or acknowledge any of them so he didn't notice the new faces in the inn.
    He went downstairs and walked out of the door without a second glance. He walked right past Emberlyyn without noticing her, the only thing on his mind was how to kill the Dragonborn. He leaned against the wall outside and started to smoke, thinking over his plans.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Crow's questions regarding Alistar's location made Melee's brow furrow in thought. She smiled sheepishly at him and ran a hand through her hair, scratching her head as she did. "To be completely honest, I'm not entirely sure where he is at the moment. He's been quiet lately, and mostly keeping to himself. The only person I've seen him interacting with in any way is Valthor. But I haven't even seen him lately, either." She made a mental note to track him down at some point and make sure that everything was ok. The more she thought about how isolated and detached he had gotten (Well, THEY had gotten, I guess. If you want to count Valthor), the more it worried her. For the time being, she would just push those worrying thoughts to the back of her head. There were more important things to focus her attention and energy on.

A glance over Crow's shoulder caused Melee to do a double take as her gaze traveled across the inn. Rale had quite suddenly left his room and walked straight out the door. He had been wearing his armor and carrying all his weapons, and had even walked past Emberlynn without even a quick glance in her direction. Before Melee could try to call out to him, he had exited the inn, the door closing with a dull thud behind him. Although that had been the first time she had seen him in about a day or two, it seemed to her that something had happened to worry him. But what could have happened? He's been up in his room sleeping the entire time we've been here.

Melee shook her head slightly and looked back at Crow with a more pleasant expression on her face, though thoughts were still racing through her head. I'm not complaining that he seemed to ignore Emberlynn sitting there. I was worried about what his reaction might be when he saw her with us again. But I think the fact that he didn't even react at all worries me more. That means either something has got to be wrong, or he's got something important on his mind. Melee didn't let her eyes betray her thoughts; she had learned a long time ago how to put on a face that hides her true emotions well, and was even able to manage a small smile.

Another thought did cause some worry to flicker across her bright green eyes, if only for an instant. Where's that cocky knight and the vampire woman? Most importantly, where's Geel? Her friend was nowhere to be seen, the same going for the Knight and the vampire, who had retreated (she was assuming) to her room just a few minutes ago. Melee considered excusing herself for a moment, and going upstairs to see where they had all gone off to. She smiled softly. What was she getting worried about? Geel was more than capable of handling himself, especially now that he had his sight. Their new companions seemed more interested in handling things with Geel anyway. She mentally shrugged. She liked being able to help people, and seek them out when she felt they needed her assistance, but she didn't know how well she could handle any leader-like position. She was glad that Alistar, Gem, and Geel had all been able to do that at different times.

Geel-Kajin

Geel nodded slowly, taking in her words. His mind had not been working at full capacity for a long while, but what he knew full well that he could not afford anymore time on a blood transplant. I am not to show weakness, least of all when that carpet still breathes and sees. Besides, There were other things bigger at stake than his well being.

Struggling against the dull ache, he rose from the bed, muttering, " I fear I have no time, Circe. As much as I thank you for your help, bigger things press my mind." He stumbled slightly, legs catching his weight unsteadily. "If the Falmer can get a Thane from a town such as this... Why, sellswords or not," he said, smiling at the mercenary, "I fear we are in grave danger." Using his hands to hold the wall as support, slowly exiting the room.

" We have to go, the Thane of this town was taken by the Falmer." Geel said, limping across to the table the others sat at. The others pondered his words, before Geminus replied calmly, his resonating voice giving logic to Geel's jumbled mind. "If we run from danger, how can we expect to face Alftand? I say we take whatever reward comes from finding the Thane, and get back on our way." He then took it upon himself, standing up and facing the rest of the inn.

" Listen up," Boomed Geminus over to the crowd, " You may know who we are. Perhaps you have heard of us as the travelling group, ever northwards. Perhaps you have heard of us as the bane of the Falmer, the killers of their kind. Perhaps, perhaps, you have heard of us in the many a gossip thought untrue, now come to life."

"Our task is a simple one- eradicate the foul Falmer. Be you man or mer, Female or male, strong or weak. All of you have your lives on the gambling table. Which you will loose- unless the Falmer fall. So come, answer the call to arms, come with us to fight the final fight! No Sovngarde awaits these beasts, and death we shall give them!"

Geel smiled slightly, despite his shivering limbs. Now that's the Geminus I know, he thought, relieved that they were more people helping them on their fight. Geel found fighting the Falmer frightening, almost intimidating when in such a small group. If people stood, he could go in knowing they were not the only ones, that their backs were guarded from the menacing shadows.

Dammit... Perhaps I should have accepted Circe's offer. A few more minutes lying down would save me my pain. Geel definitely felt exhausted, tired. But his pride and anger prevented it, each one quick to laugh at his weakness. There was something else which drove him, something besides his mission which made him not lie down in his pain. Vengeance. Fur rug... You tangled with the wrong person. Did you assume I would just let you come at me again? Your cut has made my power grow, fueled by unrelenting anger. Your words have made me seek wisdom, so I may unleash it upon you most terribly. Your smug confidence.... Has made me stronger.

Irritation and pain etched upon his face, he set upon his journey to strength.

Google

Shadow-Tail grabbed a napkin off of the table and cleaned his lower jaw as the last of the meat's juices escaped his teeth. He put his napkin down on the bar table, got up, and started to walk out of the inn when he noticed a odd gathering around one of the tables in the corner as one of it's members stood up and started to speak to everyone in the inn. He decided to ignored the stranger's words and procceded to door, but stopped in his tracks when he noticed the argonian wizard with the group. It was at that moment that he decided to hear the other stranger's words.

"Our task is a simple one- eradicate the foul Falmer. All of you have your lives on the gambling table. Which you will loose- unless the Falmer fall. So come, answer the call to arms, come with us to fight the finil fight! No Sovngarde awaits these beasts, and death we shall give them!" He stood their for a minute or two, thinking over his next course of action before he walked up to the group. "It sounds like you need a few sellswords. I just so happen to available for hire right now."

Skyrimosity

Edwyn was just outside the inn door when some commotion started happening inside. A lot of talking suddenly picked up and , without ever hearing a soundd, he saw a man on the wall nearest to him smoking. That armor? Could it be? No, that's just a rumor. But, he hardly made a sound coming out the door, and I'm right by it. He could prove interesting. That's when he heard Geminus, apparently recovered from his wild drinking night, begin to yell. "Our task is a simple one- eradicate the foul Falmer. Be you man or mer, Female or male, strong or weak. All of you have your lives on the gambling table. Which you will loose- unless the Falmer fall. So come, answer the call to arms, come with us to fight the final fight! No Sovngarde awaits these beasts, and death we shall give them!"

Edwyn walked inside, put on his serious face, and said loudly: "And what is the first step of this task? To stay at this blasted inn for 2 more days? Or perhaps go to the Jarl's Keep? Yea, that'd be a great improvement. Some work would be nice. So yea, I'll follow this group in this task against the Falmer, but I'm not going to devote myself to it. I'll still do some of the things I enjoy: Hunting, conjuration, earning money. For once this is over, I shall return to High Rock. So until then, my conjuration skill and fighting ability are at your aid Geminus. Now, I think I'll go on a bit of a hunt." With that, Edwyn bound a bow to his hands and arrows on his back, and was off.

Geel-Kajin

Geel nodded in appreciation as the new people came in. But were they enough? He did not trust the mage, and the man had made it clear he was not a patient man."Geminus, the mage speaks some truth. We cannot afford to linger in an inn built for thieves and cutthroats. I will go to the guard post, hopefully understand more about the missing Thane. In the process, I'l get some stuff we'l need for our journey. Goodness knows how we expect to survive without food."

Gathering his mages robes around himself, he walked out of the inn. The cold air which plagued Skyrim bit at him, his recovering body providing him no heat. To many people of this place, the trip to the post was easy, accomplishable under 5 minutes. To him, the city was like a labyrinth, the cobbled roads winding to many a places. The weeds which invaded the stone and dirt roads brushed his feet, later to be crushed as his tail swept over.

Geel was wary, his instinct telling him to run, to flee this place. Yet he knew he could not. His task here had yet to be completed. The idea that the rug was still around made him uneasy, but he knew he was safe until the cat got over the shock of his firebreath.

His breath was slightly hitched, and if one paid attention to the rasp of his throat, they would realize his mouth was totally burnt. Nevertheless, the pain did not stop him from reaching the post. Apparently, the Thane had disappeared in the middle of the night, along with several others. The only thing which was left behind was a Falmer arrow, embedded in the wall outside. According to the post, the nearest Falmer cavern was due slightly south. It made sense to check there. It would not be a long journey, and the reward was definitely worth it.

Limping slightly, he hastened back to the inn. He stopped at a rickety old cart selling bread, the pastry being displayed upon the wooden boards. The old lady who sold it was rigorously making dough, with such expertise that her speed was amazing. He bought a sack full, hopefully enough for them to survive the journey. It would be a long one, for sure.

Heaving the sack over his shoulder, he made his way back. His body groaned under it's weight, far too little blood to support his muscles with air. He found himself panting half way back, slightly pale.

It may be the last time we step into a town. Might as well learn all I can. Dawnstar's never known for magic, but it will do. Geel was determined not to be so helpless as he was, unable to defend himself against such a puny threat. But unlike Derath, his learning had limits. His body simply refused to understand any other type of spell besides destruction. Healing was lost to him, the arts of stitching flesh a mystery. Conjuration was something he did not understand, the gates of Oblivion refusing to open at his call for aid. Even illusions and wards were beyond him, causing himgreat irritation.

So instead of attempting something he knew he could not do, he bought a second hand tome from the peddlar by the streets. It was a fire rune spell, but whether he could learn it was a mystery to him. His mind was muddled by what had happened, so learning at full capacity was out of question.

Pocketing the book, he head back to the inn.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    Circe still sat on her bed, having not moved since Geel had left the room. She was meditating. Some people dedicated their whole lives to meditation, reaching such a hight stage of enlightenment that rumours had spread about them being able to fly. Circe would usually meditate when she was short of food, more specifically blood. If she concentrated hard enough her hunger would retreat for another day or two. At the moment she hovered mere inches above her bed. A normal person would have had to begin meditation at a very early stage in their lives and practice religiously if they wanted to be able to get where she was now. Circe had started only ten years ago.

Due to her being a vampire, Circe had the face of a twenty year old. Vampire bodies stopped ageing when they were at the peak of their fitness. This was usually right after they had come out of their teens. Of course, there were ways to let normal ageing take place in an immortal body. Circe however, enjoyed her ageless face. She would have been seventy years old had she been a human.

Opening her eyes, Circe looked around the room. Something had disturbed her and she fell gradually to her bed. There was commotion going on downstairs.

'Can't they just shut up?'

She got up and walked out of her room. At the table she had been sitting at earlier Gemius was giving a speech about the Falmer. When he was done Geel spoke briefly to the other members of the group and then left. She didn't want to let him leave on his own, risking the Khajiit coming back to kill him, but she knew the cat would not come back for a while.

Circe waited at the top of the stairs for a while before deciding to go and find Geel. She exited the inn and almost immediately found him. She came close to him and spoke, a slight chill entering her voice.

'What do you think Gemius was doing? Telling the whole inn of your mission to kill the Falmer. Do you want to be killed again. It hasn't even been an hour since that happened last. We need to leave soon. What did you find out at the guard post?'

She had heard him talking to Gemius about where he was going.

Geel-Kajin

" The Thane was apparently kidnapped, not murdered. No body was found, and though the Falmer could have removed it, they probably dragged him back with them. THe nearest known falmer cavern is south of here, we should head there,"

" My life is important to me, but what is it worth to others?" He asked, a slight grimace crossing his lips. " Geminus, if you say so, risked our lives, but at the cost of another couple sellswords joining us. Tell me, is my life so worthy as to not loose? If so, I doubt I would have joined such a mad adventure like this. I already had an inkiling I would die...Though, not that soon."

Geel returned to the inn. He had to inform the others in the group where the cavern was. Geminus got notified first, knowing that he would tell the whole group.