• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    I'm on a phone so colours don't matter too much to me, I'll choose white if it's not taken and when my computer is fixed it'll be utilised XD

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Not this time. It's 5 years before FO4. I'm the...not-Sole Survivor.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Are you the person from the in-game empty pod in Vault 111?

I will work on a CC. Just stuck on my phone ATM. Thinking either a ground-zero survivalist ghoul or a muddled, Communist hunting Lt. Gutsy.

So I avoid spoilers, where is everyone up to on the main quest (faction wise)? I know this is five years before, so is it the Old Minutemen that are still around?

Simus

An Excellent Site Member

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Ooohhh...

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Yeah T.Rakinson is right, we will need to know how far everyone is. I've finished all MQ branches.

Is everyone past 'K' or has everyone met 'Father'?

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    No. I still need to find Nick Valentine. Been busy building and managing settlements.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Ok. So no spoilers past Act 1 of the main questline. Here are my CC's.

Name: Rufus Heitz

Birthplace: Quincy, Southeast Commonwealth

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Strength: 4

Perception: 6

Endurance: 8

Charisma: 7

Intelligence: 7

Agility: 5

Luck: 6

Affliction(s): Ghoulified (Intelligent stage)

Appearance: Bald head, deep red eyes, two small slits for nostrils, typical ghoulish rotting skin

Former Occupation(s): Raider

Weaponry: Hunting Rifle (scope mod attached), Double-barrelled Shotgun, Switchblade

Gear: Molotov cocktails, several irradiated blood packs, bag full of miscellaneous junk objects, and an old pair of automatic car keys, which produces a chirping noise jackal has been trained to recognise

C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.jpg
    Apparel: Shadowed leather armour set and gas mask

Likes: Financial security, travelling, and a warm place to sleep each night

Dislikes: Ghoul haters, Raiders, densely populated areas

Hobbies: Tinkering, Adventuring, training Jackal

Personality: Prefers to avoid confrontation, even if it means backing down, but can handle himself in a fight. Always thinking ahead. Very opportunistic, sometimes to the point of breaking any local laws. Can hold up a conversation, but rarely starts one. Maintains few close friendships, preferring to keep most people as acquaintances or at arm’s length. Risk taker, more out of habit than personal preference. Only removes his mask as a sign of respect. Has formed a unique bond with Jackal

Backstory: He was born in Quincy to a respectable family, but got involved with a local gang at a young age. At 17 he left Quincy with this group to start a new group of Raiders, but left once they moved onto attacking settlements. Stayed briefly with the Atom Cats and worked as a mechanic, eventually earning his own power armour frame, which he later sold for a good price to a trader he met on the road. Eventually became involved with the Radbloods, a survivalist group living on the edge of the Glowing Sea.

As part of his induction into the group, he was sent into the irradiated zone in a trial where he had to survive for a week. After being attacked and wounded by some of the local wildlife, he collapsed in a cave for several days. He awoke as a Ghoul, with his armour having been breached, exposing him to the radiation. During his exploration of the Glowing Sea, Rufus stumbled upon a destroyed church, where he met a semi-intelligent feral, who he named Jackal and took on as a companion.

At the end of his trials Rufus returned to the Radbloods, who accepted him even though he was a Ghoul. He left them however after Jackal caused an incident, and he chose exile over the feral’s execution. The two travelled north, as Rufus had heard of an all-ghoul settlement known as the Slog. However his views on returning to society were ended after being strictly denied entrance to a ghoul-free Diamond City. Instead he continued travelling north with his companion, hoping to find an untouched spot to settle down in.

Name: Jackal

Birthplace: ?, The Commonwealth

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Strength: 5

Perception: 4

Endurance: 9

Charisma: 1

Intelligence: 2

Agility: 10

Luck: 3

Affliction: Ghoulified (Feral stage)

Appearance: Glowing yellow eyes, ragged figure, rotting skin, sharp teeth

C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.jpg

Weaponry: Machete, claws

Gear: None

Apparel: Tattered clothes, with a tag inside that faintly reads ‘Jack Al-’. The rest is incomprehensible.

Likes: Food, killing, an irradiated environment, his clothing, other Feral Ghoul’s

Dislikes: Bright sunlight, enclosed spaces

Hobbies: Hunting, wandering

Personality: Displays little ‘personality’, although he clearly demonstrates hostility to new things, and appears to be protective of Rufus. Snaps at anybody that comes too close. Tends to walk about hunched over.

Background: Who Jackal was before the Great War is a mystery, although the fact that he was found in a church suggests that ‘Jack’ was a religious man. Having lived with a group of his fellow feral’s for centuries, he developed a pack mentality. For some reason, as feral’s go Jackal proved to be quite intelligent, capable of following commands and adeptly using a melee weapon.

When a newly Ghoulified Rufus found Jackals home, the feral’s recognised his affliction and did not attack, and he took shelter with them for a while. On one occasion he helped to bring down a Radscorpion that had been preying on the church’s inhabitants, and this apparently caused Jackal to view them as his new leader.

He followed Rufus back to the Radblood’s camp without them realizing, and tried to enter the camp several days later, resulting in him killing one of the residents in what was arguably self-defence. The normal Ghoul recognized him and tried to apologize for leading him to the camp, which resulted in a long debate. This culminated in Rufus leaving the group in order to spare the feral’s life. He decided to keep Jackal around and train him, and the two formed an unspoken bond in the subsequent years.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    If they are accepted, Could I use Light Blue for Rufus and Light Grey for Jackal as their dialogue/growling noise colours? (Colour is annoying on my phone, but I post on my PC).

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    ROBCO INDUSTRIES UNIFIED OPERATING SYSTEM
    COPYRIGHT 2075-2077 ROBCO INDUSTRIES
    -SERVER 13-

-ROBCO TRESPASSER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM-
    ================================

RobcOS v.85
    (C) 2083 RobCo
    ==================
    | User Log:
    | >> Administator (RobCoID 3458 - U)
    | >> New_Admin: FSOCIETY
    | Welcome new user, FSOCIETY
    | File_Check Requested
    | >> Commonwealth_Database Access: Granted
    | >> Section Commonwealth_Profiling Access: Granted
    | >> Subsection Law Enforcement_Profiling Access: Granted
    | R-W_Officers Selected
    ==================

Honorably
    -Discharged-Sergeant-
    Orson "Locks" Whitlock

===============
    | Admin_Login Required
    | Username: ********
    | Password:********
    | Login_Accepted
    ==============

Name:
    | Orson Sanders Whitlock
    | (Previously went by "Locks" due to his tendency of imprisoning criminals rather than killing them.)

| Former unofficial Constable of Vault 111.
    | Pre-war Sergeant of the Maynard Police Department.
    | Currently an officer of twenty others at the CPD(Commonwealth Police Department).

Birthplace:
    | New Vegas (Pre-war)

Birthdate:

| October 12th, 2048.

Strength:
    Perception:

Endurance:

Charisma:

Intelligence:
    Agility:
    Luck:

Laterality:

| Domestically Left-handed. (Writing, etc)
    | Aggressively Right-handed. (Shooting, etc)

Affliction:

| Atrophy from cryo-sleep, depression and survivor's guilt.

Appearance:
    | Loading_Profile Image...

| Image_Upload Successful

post_apocalyptic_character_design_by_d_torres-d6rdido.jpg

Weapons:
    | Colt Python revolver (315 rounds). Strapped to his upper thigh.

| QBU-88 Chinese sniper rifle (156 cartridges). In a sling over his back.
    | An assortment of several small knives, sharpened from fragments of metallic rubble.
    | An american Combat Knife. Strapped to his upper calf.
    | 10-mm pistol (16 rounds)

Clothing:
    | A knee-length trench coat fitted with a green hood. Jerry-rigged for insulation. Contains multiple pockets.
    | Long-sleeve black and baby blue sweaters. Usually folded in his backpack.
    | A red Chinese sash. Used for filtration and incognito purposes.

| A two-piece Vault-Tec outfit. Unnaturally light but durable fabric. Modified for a police uniform. Wash only.
    | Silver glare-resistant goggles. Also double for night vision, though heavily obscured.
    | "Borrowed" sheathes for his weaponry. Some may be magnetic.
    | American Pilot's boots. Jerry-rigged for insulation, lightweight.
    | Canadian military-issue backpack. Mainly utilized for travel purposes. Contains most essentials such as filtrated water, a few lighters, and dried fruit.
    | Chinese military gloves. Fire-resistant.

MISC GEAR

| A chest-length string necklace. It's oval-shaped metal head has a tribal outlining, with a capital 'O' engraved in the center. Tucked under his shirt.

PERSONALITY

| Orson, in all senses, wishes nothing negative upon those who respect him or those he's come to care for. He's a fiercely loyal friend but he doesn't let his loyalty cloud his judgement. He can be a very neutral man when the time calls for it, as he's most comfortable with hearing from both parties before coming up with a solution. That said, he's not an Einstein of puzzle-solving but he does try his best. The wasteland has been a rather brutal mistress for Orson, though, and it's made his exterior self a much rougher man. The things that happened in Vault 111 will forever be plastered in his mind, with lasting mental scars. Though at that, the quaint luxuries and joys of Commonwealth have allowed him to bury these emotions.

| Reading, sleeping, writing, exploring, making discoveries, cooking, training, hearing dramatic stories, the smell of bacon, how he looks in his uniform.

Dislikes:
    | Asshats, ignorance, needless violence, being pinned for other's mistakes, being targeted negatively (in all ways), addiction (though he'd like to help addicts recover), back pains.

Skills:

| Having been a former, and current, officer of the law, Orson is highly efficient in hand-to-hand as well as ranged combat. The original police station in Baltimore had taught him the basics of submissive-style combat, wherein the attacker is be disarmed and disoriented before they can cause further harm to anyone. Orson's father, being a former soldier, taught him the depths of aggressive self-defense, while his mother, a former American spy, honed his sharp shooting. Swiftly uniform with a knife and a well-trained dead-eye shot, Orson is a man to be reckoned with.

Backstory:

| Born in Las Vegas, 2048, Orson lived a more or less regular life. His parents, both being discharged from the service, were able to live comfortably off their checks, though not luxuriously. At a young age, Orson was actually quite the trouble-rouser in his neighborhood, leading him to become familiar with the police station. He showed a gradual interest in the routines of the station and began to tailor his educational interests toward law enforcement.

| In early 2064, Orson's parents decided they could no longer live solely off of their checks, and moved out of Las Vegas. With the combination of their checks and a loan from his war buddies, Orson's parents were able to catch a train from Henderson to Baltimore. Upon arriving and settling in, they were both given Nuclear Plant jobs. Orson continued through High School to college, and eventually found an open position at the Baltimore PD. Early on in his career, he met a young lady by the name of Kala, an aspiring politician, and courted her. Later, they married and had a daughter, Hailey.

| By 2075, rumor had spread that nuclear warfare in the U.S. was imminent, and Orson's mother had them moved once more to Massachusetts. In Maynard, Orson quickly rose through the ranks of the MPD to Sergeant, attracting unwanted attention from some of the corrupted officers. In 2077, hours before the bombs dropped, an attempt on Orson's life was made. When the bombs dropped, Orson and his family were moved into Vault 111 through their "patriotic service" to the country. Earlier, in 2076, Orson's mother had passed away.

| Orson hated seeing so many people in dismay, unable to save themselves, or even denied that right. Children screaming for their mothers, men fighting over luggage, and women crying for help were all that surrounded the Vault. Once in the vault, the citzens were placed in cryo-pods and set into a deep undisturbed sleep. Another experiment by Vault-Tec.

| They were notified that after 180 days, the all-go signal would be given for them to move out and leave the vault. However, the call never came. Years passed and slowly the whole staff began to lose their faith in any hope of survival. Food rations lowered.The Overseer refused to let anyone leave, assuring them of certain death outside the vault. What followed was mayhem. The staff revolted, and tore each other apart. Orson's father lost his life and Orson was forced to stuff his wife and daughter in a cryo-pod to save them from the chaos.

| Terrified that they may very well die from starvation, the last of the staff began to pick off those in the cryo-pods, hoping to repair the damage and save themselves. Orson, unfortunately, wasn't quick enough, and his wife and daughter were both murdered. He later fixed a spare pod and removed the deceased person within, activating the pod on himself.

| Orson awoke in late 2280, and stumbled from the vault. While he could've opened the other pods, he didn't want to cause anyone unintentional harm. The world outside was not as it used to be, and Orson quickly learned he had to do very ugly things to survive and protect what remained of The Commonwealth.

| Loading_Recent logs...
    | Dispatchment_report detected
    | File_"Vault 111 disturbance" detected._Open?
    | Opening..
    | "Officer Whitlock has been dispatched to the entrance of Vault 111 to investigate sightings of possible Institute members. While Whitlock is not expected to return, he's proven to have uncanny luck in the past. However, should he not return by 5:13 p.m., the CPD will have to be rerouted and the investigation filed for review."

| Profile_locked
    | User_access=denied
    | Server13_=terminated
    | Terminal_shutdown=initiated
    | Shutting_down..

ROBCO INDUSTRIES UNIFIED OPERATING SYSTEM
    COPYRIGHT 2075-2077 ROBCO INDUSTRIES
    -SERVER 13-

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    Hope the CC fits the requirements! I have work shortly so i'll try my best to keep up to date on my phone. But if there are any concerns or questions with my CC, feel free to let me know!

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Very interesting card Fellow! I didn't expect Oreon to be part of the Vault staff. Courtney will have many questions when they meet. Not all of them with her mouth.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    I'm glad some people are as old as Jack outside of freezing. Also if somebody could send me the colour code for white, I could try using that.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Post is a little short. I'll edit the start of it and take it back just a little bit so you can see a little more of what Jack's all about. But it won't affect what's already there. Will just show more character.

Orr that could be paid DLC.

Last edited:

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    I'm gonna have Rufus and Jackal show up at Sanctuary as well.