• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
Hey all and sundry,

My first Elder Scroll game was Skyrim, now i'm looking back while eagerly awaiting the DLC and i'm thinking about getting the other Elder Scroll games. I own a Playstation 3, could you tell me which Elder Scroll games fit that platform and if i should look at getting all the Elder Scroll games as i really love the game and i have found the play style to compliment what i want from games. I'm going to be getting rid of other games i don't like now and replacing them with more games i get repeat joy from.

So basic question:

1) Should i buy previous Elder Scroll games?
2) Which ones would you advise? (& what platforms are they out on ie; PS, PS2, PS3 & Xbox, xbox 360)

Looking forward to your feedback.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
The only other Elder Scrolls game for the PS3 would be Oblivion. Morrowind was PC and Original Xbox only. And everything prior to Morrowind was PC only.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Daggerfell and Arena are both very old PC Elder Scroll games that have now been made 100% free IF you find the downloads. The makers have officially declared these games open season to be shared. I suggest you grab them as well as Oblivion which I still play actively. Oblivion id nearly as expansive as Skyrim with seemingly more dungeons in my opinion. Even if you don't get to duel-wield, Fus ro dah, or get perks I found Oblivion in some ways more fun then Skyrim. Not to mention that custom spells a %*@^!$# AMAZING. Also it explains a few neat things which reappear or are referenced to in Skyrim. Playing Oblivion and then playing Skyrim makes the game A LOT more fun then if you never played Oblivion. And that my friend is saying something.

Start Dale

Cool, thanks for the advice. So i'll definately get Oblivion and look into the PC stuff at some point soon.

:D

Start Dale

Update: My sisters getting me Oblivion and the guide for my birthday :D :D :D Woop!

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
My first TES game was Morrowind for my old XBox. I loved it to pieces, but somehow missed Oblivion. I have considered hunting down a used copy of Oblivion and giving it a try. It has to be fairly cheap at this point.

Start Dale

Well i was looking on Amazon I'm UK based so i can get the Platinum for PS3 (well my sis can for my bday) for £17 (pounds stirling).

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
You will really enjoy Oblivion, it will take a bit of adjusting to get used to it, but you will really enjoy once you get into it.

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
I'm actually replaying Oblivion right now (holding off on more Skyrim until Dawnguard is available for PS3) and loving it, so you should definitely consider getting it. The graphics aren't as fabulous as Skyrim and the player menu is a lot different, but I think you'll have a great time exploring another part of Tamriel.

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
I'm actually replaying Oblivion right now (holding off on more Skyrim until Dawnguard is available for PS3) and loving it, so you should definitely consider getting it. The graphics aren't as fabulous as Skyrim and the player menu is a lot different, but I think you'll have a great time exploring another part of Tamriel.
Yeah, that was my one problem replaying Oblivion, I found the menu difficult, even though I had used it for years before Skyrim.

Yay I have 100 posts now :D

Start Dale

Yup now just to wait till the 15/7/12 my Birthday till i get it!

I got Oblivion a couple days ago and it has been a lot of fun so far. I would recommend buying it. I got my copy for $20 with Fallout 3. Arena is also a lot of fun, but it is a very different game from Skyrim!