Skyrim / Oblivion : Dark Brotherhood Falkreath Sanctuary vs Cheydinhal Sanctuary

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

VolenKiller

The Idealist
Skyrim's Dark Brotherhood Falkreath Sanctuary versus Oblivion's Dark Brotherhood Cheydinhal Sanctuary. Who would win? please tell me your opinion. I say Cheydinhal by far. My sister says Falkreath.

I agree with you. Although the Falkreath brotherhood is more united (they seem to have a greater bond), the assassins of Cheyindal were much more powerful, as were all of the Brotherhood at the time.

I find the missions of the new brotherhood a bit...disapointing in how they play out. My favorite moment from Oblivion was stowing away in a crate, and emerging once it was aboard my targets vessel. Even though the stealth in Skyrim is a Brazilian times better, the Dark brotherhood missions don't take advantage of it.

I've only done the missions up until after you kill a certain orc who will remain unnamed(teehee), but each assassination so far gives no reason to be sneaky. They favor the warrior class so far, for you just have to walk up to your target, kill him, and fight your way out, if needed.

Hopefully the last couple missions will prove themselves as fun, clever, and contextual as those in Oblivion.

Xiomn

I like the Cheydinhal sanctuary better in terms of both looks and quests. Everyone says Oblivion lacks unique fun quests but they must be blind because they were the best quests i ever done.

Edit: I'm sick of getting betrayed in the Dark Brotherhood, sure i will be fine with being betrayed i guess but the annoying part is in both games ( never played Morrowind so don't know what happens) at the end pretty much the majority dies and you feel worthless as being a guild master. UNLIKE THE Thieves Guild were you're betrayed but everyone still lives so it's actually worth being guild master. the Dawnstar sanctuary is a big piece of crap compared to both of them.

I have no idea who would win a fight though :/

Xiomn

Agreed. Who do you think would win?

I don't know who would win but i would side with Cheydinhall if i was given the chance to participate in a battle between them both thus making Cheydinhall win. I felt more connected to the Cheydinhall characters as well.