• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
I might just try it tonight as well. I meant to last night but I got distracted.

Zedsded

FYI, i use aila the huntress, mostly as an item mule but mainly so she stays back and out the way, and if i get wailed on i can leg it past her and hope the mob will focus on her. I know for a fact that she ran out of arrows on me and that she goes through them so i have to keep stocking ehr back up.
Enchants on items the other hand, i believe you are right, they dont seem to use up the charges.

Varden

hey! i fell asleep on the couch last night while the missus played so didn't get a chance to test out - did anyone else give it a go?
I'll defo try tonight, was knackard yesterday! :sadface:

Umbranar

Update: It does not work, followers do not fill Soul Gems nor use up any charges on a enchanted weapon or staff. They do however use the abilities and enchanted weapons have full effect. (xept for soul trap)

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
Aw, that's a shame. Thanks for looking anyway Umbranar!

Fellinio

Hi Guys

I use Lydia mainly as a mule, but also so she fills up all of my soul gems. I have given her a war hammer with soul trap on, and as long as its a "white" soul she traps the soul. The only problem is that she will fill any soul gems with petty souls.

PunWisp

War Mage
Yes, there is no reason for it not to work. If a weapon has soul trap its a effect and automatically happens as long as you give the gems to your follower. Just give the right amount so petty souls arent in grand soul gems :p

Touchstone

Umbranar

Hi Guys

I use Lydia mainly as a mule, but also so she fills up all of my soul gems. I have given her a war hammer with soul trap on, and as long as its a "white" soul she traps the soul. The only problem is that she will fill any soul gems with petty souls.

It worked for you? hmm maybe its platform related.
I am playing on PC and Lydia did not fill a single soul-gem, not even from Draugr into common soul gems (and im sure the normal Draugr sould are petty).

Varden

guys - update on this.

It does work for me too! Lydia is using an old dwarven bow with soultrap (6 seconds) on it - i loaded her up with gems and went on a walk about; she is incredibly efficient at filling them up, mainly due to the fact she one shots things before i can get a hit in sometimes!

If it makes a difference i'm using XBOX 360, male, breton,

Barryl85

I might try this - very good idea thanks !! I havent ever had a follower but might give it a go.

jaradin

It is odd that everyone is getting mixed results on this. I was using Lydia and a bow and mace both with soul trap on them. she was filling petty soul gems as fast as I could get them to her.