• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

blue 468

(This is the first part of a 4 or 5 part short story about my character's background:). This is my first story so please leave what you thought in the comments and any pointers would be appreciated:D.)

Chapter one

Snow fell through the air slowly it was a nice day, well for Windhelm at least, the guards were going about there business gossiping about different types of swords. Bormir walked through the streets when a man ran up to him regaining his breath "sir....she's in labor she's having the baby." Bormir gripped the hilt of his sword the snow was cold on his cloak, and without a word he ran toward his home.

"ONE...MORE...TIME!!" Ignar's voice boomed Aenar was trying his hardest but he couldn't do it again it was to hard. Aenar tried to push the 200 pound boulder up a hill, he got half way up when he lost his footing and fell nearly being crushed by the rock.

Aenar sat next to his uncle ashamed that he couldn't do it he looked up at the sun and the crows as they circled a nearby tree looking for there next meal. Ignar's deep gruff voice interrupted his thoughts

"you know, you're a lot like your father as stubborn as a mule" Ignar paused and took a long drink of wine then continued "You have a Nord's strength you should be proud of your heritage"

"Yeah but I couldn't even push that rock up that blasted hill and I'm almost 18" Bormir said standing up and kicking a rock

"Your almost a man Aenar, your training's almost complete. Before your father was killed he told me to look after and I did, he told me to prepare you and at first I had know Idea why he was telling me this but I think I know now, he knew when he left to fight in the war he wasn't coming back and since your mother was already dead I was your only family." Bormir looked at his uncle unsure what he was getting at "Aenar I raised you as best I could but i'm just a man Aenar I want you to have this" Ignar pulled out a sheathed blade from his bag, the sheath was pure black and the hilt was a charcoal grey "This blade was my and your father's father, this was.." Ignar paused as twenty soldiers garbed in golden thalmor armor marched over the hill.

As the Thalmor soldiers got closer Ignar told Aenar to get inside, Ignar walked foward to greet them. "Are you Ignar Ice-Veins of Bravil?" said the lead Thalmor from his horse. Ignar paused before answering "So what if I am, who's asking anyway?!" he yelled back. The elf smiled before answering "The Thalmor army, you are charged with the worship of the pretend god Talos, how do you plead?" Drawing his sword Ignar walked foward he prepared as two soldiers drew their blades and stepped foward, Ignar braced himself as one of the elves slashed downward toward his head, Ignar blocked then sidestepped swinging his sword around the blade passed cleand through his neck leaving a bloody mess on the floor. The second wasn't as rash he waited with his shield held high, Ignar feinted to the side the spun around kicking his shield knocking him to the floor Ignar quickly ran forward sinking his sword into the elf's chest. The lead Thalmor was growing inpatient he dismounted his horse and drew his five foot elven blade, the Golden metal glimmered in the sunlight. Ignar sighed he always hated killing he pulled his sword from the young elf's chest and got ready.

Aenar watched from the window as his uncle slew to soldiers in less the two minutes, he watched as the lead Elf drew his sword, Ignar stepped foward and slashed at the elf's knee only to have it deflected, Ignar sidestepped and slashed at his neck but again it was deflected. Obviously the Thalmor had experience in combat but Ignar would not be swayed he kept on the attack and after a few more exchange of blows the elf was on his knees disarmed, Ignar swung around ready to deliver the finishing blow when out of the corner of his eye Aenar say one of the soldiers ready his bow and let the arrow fly. The arrow struck Isnar in the torso. "NOO!!" yelled Aenar as Ignar fell to his knees. The elf got up grinning he readied his sword "Any last words you traitorous swine." he said with a hiss of satisfaction. Ignar looked up at the elf "I go to the hall of my fathers" He said looking up to the sun, his last thought was how nice the weather was today the everything went black and he was sent to Sovengard.

Aenar gasped he didn't know what to do he had lived with his uncle for over sixteen years, he snapped out of his grief when he heard the Thalmor lead talking. "Find the other one and burn the house." said the lead Thalmor he was growing tied and the recent excitement had made him dizzy. Aenar ran and got whatever supplies he could find and lastly he grabbed his sword he ran out the back door and straight to the forest, he thought of going to Skingrad witch was the closest city but thought against it, the city would be crawling with Thalmor. Aenar slowed down to catch his breath when he heard a noise in the bush he turned around half drawing his sword when he felt a sharp pain in the back of his head and everything went black.