Strongest Creature in Tamriel Physically?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Who is the Strongest?

• Giant

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Troll

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Werewolf

• Werebear

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Vampire Lord

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Dragon

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Snow Bear

• Minotaur (oblivion)

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Ogre (oblivion)

• Mammoth

• Total voters

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
If I look at the effect an encounter has, the only creature to have managed a one hit kill on me was one of the Keepers in the Soul Cairn, even a giant took 2 hits to send me flying. That said, the Keeper in question was swinging a dragonbone battleaxe and it depends on whether you class the Soul Cairn as being an area of Tamriel.

From the list, I could lean towards the mammoth, most of the time their strength is not evident, until you irritate one. But then the dragon is also big and heavy but with greater leverage and movement.
Dragon hands down i've seen one dragon kill 2 giants and 3 mammoths in one go....giants are strong, so are mammoths but when you see a dragon kill 5 enemies (2 giants and 3 mammoths) in about 30 secs by biting them...no competition

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
If I look at the effect an encounter has, the only creature to have managed a one hit kill on me was one of the Keepers in the Soul Cairn, even a giant took 2 hits to send me flying. That said, the Keeper in question was swinging a dragonbone battleaxe and it depends on whether you class the Soul Cairn as being an area of Tamriel.

From the list, I could lean towards the mammoth, most of the time their strength is not evident, until you irritate one. But then the dragon is also big and heavy but with greater leverage and movement.
Dragon hands down i've seen one dragon kill 2 giants and 3 mammoths in one go....giants are strong, so are mammoths but when you see a dragon kill 5 enemies (2 giants and 3 mammoths) in about 30 secs by biting them...no competition
I've seen similar, but that's not just strength. It's aggression, armour and weaponry too.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Haelga's sex drive

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
For sheer pulling strength, it be dragons. If it were a bench press competition, than I'd say giants. Although someone with more experience in Cyrodiil could speculate whether a giant could out bench press an ogre. The strongest thing that I have yet encountered in Oblivion is a unicorn. Kohlar's ancestor, Sigurd the Black, tried to engage the unicorn in combat, but it was far too powerful. It chased him for miles to the next town, then waited outside for days.

I'd have to say mammoth... I've watched those things slaughter twenty zombies, then go kill a dragon with barely a scratch. They're really tough, thanks to their size. (Which is also their downfall, I mean, there's no way to miss an animal bigger than your house.)

Jake Johnson

I would have to say a giant - ever been one-hit slain by one?

True, dragons can OHK (One-Hit Kill) you also, but when you are OHK'd by a giant, it's like he's playing golf!

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Actually, the strongest creature of all is probably the Silt Strider. Forgot about it til now.
probs but they do have very skinny legs and mght be seen as frail but when you consider they are essentially very giant insects (yes admitt it they look like giant fleas with very long legs) and incests like the Hercules beetle and the dung beetle in real life are actually among the strongest creatures in the world in comparison to body size you may be absolutley right

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Actually, the strongest creature of all is probably the Silt Strider. Forgot about it til now.
They are really strong but I doubt even they could carry Haelga's sex drive.

:eek:

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Shame i did not include them, you see you can only have like what 8 options to choose from what i see i should have put silt strider there in place of the werewolf or something cause i already have the larger werebear in there

Katrin

Unrepentant Stormcloak Loyalist
Out of the creatures listed in the poll? Probably mammoths, given their sheer size and muscle mass. I don't actually think dragons are as physically capable as some people make them out to be. They're strong, sure, but if they function like other flying creatures, their bodies are probably pretty light to keep the weight down, and thus make flight possible. Most of their muscle mass seems to be in their chest, otherwise they wouldn't be able to produce enough lift with their wings.

All in all, they're immensely powerful creatures, definitely a cut above anything else that was listed, but it seems to me that their power is derived from their ability to Shout, as well as their intelligence and flight capabilities.

Ogres too! I hate the ogres in Oblivion because they're so ridiculously tough.

Oh god, ogres used to terrify me. It stems from my first foray into an Aeylid ruin near Bruma. I was nearing a corner, and an ogre came running out from behind it at full speed. My poor little Imperial didn't stand a chance.

pl43r0n3

I think the strongest creature would be the Dwarven Centurion Master its just a colossus and the Machine I don't know if it counts because its not living but that's neither here or there

hail sithis

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
I'd say giants and dragons are the two most powerful. Any creature that can hit you hundreds of feet in to the air is pretty damn strong lol. And if you question a dragons strength, just watch it destroy a village haha.