• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
You say 'limited', I say 'without the need of hax'. It lets you level naturally instead of adding points through consol commands.
No, using the console command setav [actor value code for skill] 15 simply resets the skill to 15 just as the Legendary Skills option does. The perk point restoration feature can't be duplicated but using the removeperk and addperk commands on a point for point basis has the same effect. You're still leveling the same way as you would with the Legendary Skills feature, i.e. by using the skill. I say limited because with the Legendary Skill feature you don't get to pick how low you reset your skill. I can reset one-handed to 75 so I don't lose a lot of damage and continue to level the skill and my character levels with the console command and repeat as needed to keep leveling.

Dagmar

ok, take this slow for the slow people in the crowd. (me!) So if I get 1H to 100. And I'm hitting with my Deadric Mace for 120 per swing...then a reset 1H back to 15, and which makes my 1H ability "legendary"...what is your estimate on how much damage I'll now do per swing?
If your displayed damage was 120 that means your damage without the skill damage multiplier and 5 Armsman damage multipliers would be 40 (skill multiplier at 100 is 1.5 and Armsman damage multiplier with 5 perks is 2). If you reset the skill back to 15 your skill multiplier drops to 1.075 and your Armsman damage multiplier with 1 perk is 1.2 so your displayed damage would drop down to 52 (51.6 rounded).

Oren74

If your displayed damage was 120 that means your damage without the skill damage multiplier and 5 Armsman damage multipliers would be 40 (skill multiplier at 100 is 1.5 and Armsman damage multiplier with 5 perks is 2). If you reset the skill back to 15 your skill multiplier drops to 1.075 and your Armsman damage multiplier with 1 perk is 1.2 so your displayed damage would drop down to 52 (51.6 rounded).

Thanks...so with that, I don't understand the point here. Won't your character be so pathetic when resetting? I guess just for an added challenge? But I can't imagine dropping from 1001H skill down to 15 at say level 40...and trying to kill something

FullmetalHeart20

Thanks...so with that, I don't understand the point here. Won't your character be so pathetic when resetting? I guess just for an added challenge? But I can't imagine dropping from 1001H skill down to 15 at say level 40...and trying to kill something
Well it's not all bad. You still have your gear and stat upgrades for health, magicka and stamina, and you're other skills can still be high enough until they go legendary. By the time you level back up, you'll have more perks. You'll also have more points to spend on health magicka and stamina (seriously, there has to be an easier way to say those three things).

jaredb

cant believe 1.9 doesn't fix the Dragonborn Mirrak glitch.....haven't been able to play the game for 3 months now, totally ruined the DLC for me & they've still not fixed it? W-A-N-K-E-R-S

Dagmar

I think the point is to eventually allow you to get all perks to complete a MOAT build. I don't see any other point to the feature. People who do MOAT builds aren't going to use the feature until they've reached level 81 and will simply drop a skill that can be rapidly leveled such as Conjuration or Illusion and keep resetting it over and over again until they get enough perk points to get all the perks so it won't impact on their survivability at all.

Bourn

I wish there was a fix for stuff falling off shelves in houses when leaving/entering, and also for weapons and stuff moving around in Hearthfire houses.

Chadonraz

"Fixed issue with NPC dying in a bear trap blocking progress in “Time of My Need”" o_O o_O

Most of the bugs getting fixed I've never run into, but the one with saving during "Waking Nightmare" drove me crazy once. I had to start over three or four times -- and Erandur walks so. damn. slowly. :mad: I Fus-Ro-Dah'd him a couple times to get him to move faster.
Too bad about the Oghma Infinium getting fixed... I won't be able to level pickpocket on my law-abiding characters without using trainers.

Arrow-Free Knee

Did they put clothes back on the courier? My man's gotta be freezing hoofing it out to Winterhold in nothing but a loin cloth, boots, and flappy hat. i usually fire a few warning arrows over his head as he approaches in that condition just out of principle.....