Spoiler The Diary of a Housecarl

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
The Amazingly Awesome Artistic Alliterating Fanfiction Following Everyones Favorite Sarcastic Housecarl...
Lydia!
Plot: My story begins with Lydia as she is promoted to the Jarls court for unknown reasons. It turns out that one of Jarl Balgruff's thanes has had an... Accident involving the skull of Numinex, some rather uncouth insults, an easily offended guard and one too many bottles of mead. Rest assured the guard is in jail and the thane recieved a proper burial. Unfortunatly, in the wake of his loss, the old thanes housecarl commited suicide. He was... Overly attached to the thane. Anyway, Balgruff was in need of a new housecarl for when he appoints another thane, and Lydia fits the ticket. A new visitor arrives in town. Balgruff has a good feeling about him, though Lydia thinks he's kind of a pompous jerk. The newcomer kills a dragon, or so Lydia is told, and is promoted to the thane position by a very eager Jarl. Now, Lydia must juggle the tasks of serving someone she hates, trying to stay alive in the Jarl's court and keeping her family in the plains outside Whiterun afloat, all with a gigantic dose of dry humor. Will you follow along in the story? Does it sound stupid? Am I just so tired I don't see any faults in this? Is this color garish? Does this sound like the opening to some kind of sitcom? Who cares, it is a story of love, hate and a whole lot of laughs (mostly the hate and laughs), one that will tug at your heartstrings (not really) and your funnybone!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapters