• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
I agreed with a lot of what these guys had to say. Especially the armor. I want more variation and customisation! Especially different armor types suitable, appearance-wise, for the beast races! Where's my Argonian scale-mail armor? Also, more orcish style armors. The Orcs are a warrior race, why would they only have one type of racial armor? Surely, different orc tribes have different customs and traditions when it comes to crafting armor and weapons? Also, I want to be able to dye my armor, and I want to name my weapons without having to enchant them! This would help with immersion.

On the subject of Open Lock spells, spells up to Master opening definitely do need to exist. They said if such a spell existed, nobody would bother with lockpicking. I disagree. I have a mod that gives lock opening spells all the way up to master-level, but I still have characters who use lockpicking, namely those who aren't magically inclined.

Now, about races. I'm really not sure whether I'd rather see the Morrowind/Oblivion style races, where some races simply are better for other classes and worse for others, or the Skyrim style where every race can do any class just as effectively. Both approaches have their merits, and I really don't know which I prefer.

Just my two cents. Thanks for posting this!

Well said, Fudgemuppet! So true; the location really doesn't matter, as no matter where Bethesda sets it, they'll make it great.

That being said, I for one am pushing towards Elsweyr. In Skyrim we explored the nordic trait of Shouting, but I would love to see the Unarmed fighting of the Khajiit. The Elder Scrolls games are in need of an overhaul on their fighting engines, and what better way to explore that than with Old kung fu movie style fighting. Training periods in the mountains, the ability to ascend through different fighting masters, And heck, complicated button patterns, each with unique moves. The same dynamics could transfer over to armed combat as well. Imagine if you could learn how to do certain finishing moves!

jarif

I agreed with a lot of what these guys had to say. Especially the armor. I want more variation and customisation!

Mods. What's the point on the devs putting a lot of work on creating (hundreds and hundreds of armours) a lot of variation when modders create hundreds of different armours and variation such as Immersive armours. However, I agree with the dyes.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
I agreed with a lot of what these guys had to say. Especially the armor. I want more variation and customisation!

Mods. What's the point on the devs putting a lot of work on creating (hundreds and hundreds of armours) a lot of variation when modders create hundreds of different armours and variation such as Immersive armours. However, I agree with the dyes.

What about the console audience? They don't have access to mods. Unless, of course, Bethesda does something about that.

There is one thing I want them to add in the next Elder Scrolls game. I want them to have each race be good for a certain class. I hate the whole every race can be anything in Skyrim because I have a hard time deciding what to do. They could also add in classes like in Oblivion because it made it easier for me to decide what skills to use in the game.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
There is one thing I want them to add in the next Elder Scrolls game. I want them to have each race be good for a certain class. I hate the whole every race can be anything in Skyrim because I have a hard time deciding what to do. They could also add in classes like in Oblivion because it made it easier for me to decide what skills to use in the game.

I have seen a lot of people talk about this and how Skyrim is a watered down experience because any race can do anything. I am on the fence about it because on one hand I like the idea that nobody can match an Orc in strength or that a Khajiit is the sneakiest of them all, but on the other, I like the idea that a race has shortcomings that can be overcome if one works hard enough at it. I wish they could strike a nice balance somehow. Perhaps in addition to the current system where you start off better in certain skills, maybe you can have a higher limit, too. So, an Orc can have a higher heavy armor rating than a Bosmer. I also like the idea of weapons that are race or class specific. I want a weapon that's so unique that only an Orc or a Nord can wield it or something. That would be cool.

KritikalPT

Absolutely not. Bethesda should NOT do less just because modders will make them eventually. Skyrim was already dumbed down pretty hard in comparison to the previous titles; having them not add additional features will lead to an even more shallow game. Mods shouldn't be "features the devs should have implemented from the beginning", but rather subjective implementations like armor retextures or recolors, graphic enhancements and other superfluous additions.

Not only would that hurt their overall reputation in terms of making games, but it will also decrease their sales on console (and Bethesda sure loves money!) because consoles can't be modded, or at least not as easily and openly as on PC.

They really need to start toning down on the streamline and making a great game worthy of the "The Elder Scrolls" title. Oblivion was already bad enough and Skyrim, while a major improvement in most areas, was way too streamlined and dumbed down for the console crowd and casual players. Do we want a mixture of both of those games cranked to 11? I don't think so.

Of course, that is assuming they would even make a new TES game, considering they now have their pathetic excuse for an MMO running.

jarif

Absolutely not. Bethesda should NOT do less just because modders will make them eventually. Skyrim was already dumbed down pretty hard in comparison to the previous titles; having them not add additional features will lead to an even more shallow game. Mods shouldn't be "features the devs should have implemented from the beginning", but rather subjective implementations like armor retextures or recolors, graphic enhancements and other superfluous additions.

Not only would that hurt their overall reputation in terms of making games, but it will also decrease their sales on console (and Bethesda sure loves money!) because consoles can't be modded, or at least not as easily and openly as on PC.

They really need to start toning down on the streamline and making a great game worthy of the "The Elder Scrolls" title. Oblivion was already bad enough and Skyrim, while a major improvement in most areas, was way too streamlined and dumbed down for the console crowd and casual players. Do we want a mixture of both of those games cranked to 11? I don't think so.

Of course, that is assuming they would even make a new TES game, considering they now have their pathetic excuse for an MMO running.

I was just saying from a Devs standpoint

KritikalPT

I was just saying from a Devs standpoint

If any dev at Bethesda thinks like that, and I'm really hoping no one does, then they shouldn't be on such a big company in the first place.