OOC The Illusion Of Knowledge

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    We seem to have lost our spark and motivation. I think it's a mix of busy offline lives and a lack of an idea everyone is equally passionate about.

I think our shift of focus has something to do with it. We're not really interested in the storyline it seems, there's a bigger focus on the world and it's many interactions instead. The only reason I'm suggesting this is because we all seem to be happily getting on with ofer stories elsewhere.

Or something. I may be reading the situation incorrectly.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Well that's a bit disapointing. It's sad to see something end that is as significant as this thread.

Hope that doesn't mean A New Dawn is over.

Sent from my Samsung GS4

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    I don't think it's over, we're all friends here and you can't just walk away from that.

We tried to limit ourselves in hope that it might help spur on some actual writing and that sort of happened with Exodus. I'm not in that thread though so I have no clue if it's still going or not.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    It's not.

To be honest, I've been losing interest in this forum in general. I've been spending a lot of time over at BAF, helping build its budding community, and through that I've strayed from this forum.

Delusional

Though, if you guys want, you can go check out BAF and hang around there...

/end shameless marketing plug

Delusional

Meh, there isn't much to use this thread for anymore, if so few of us are on it at any given time or there aren't any associated RPs happening.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    We're not making too much use of it lately, but I don't think there's any reason to just jump ship. I mean, yeah, not too many of us are all that active right now; but as long as this thread is here and we try to remain at least marginally active we'll still be connected and an upswing will be possible.

Delusional

Well yeah, there's no way we're going to abandon this thread. 632 pages is no small accomplishment (though that doesn't mean you shouldn't go check out BAF /end second shameless marketing plug). I hope that if we stay somewhat connected through this thread an upswing will happen at some point in time and perhaps we will get off the ground again, but who knows.

Rextoret

top kek
    Heh. sry guis

Personally, IoK is dead. (To me.) I don't want to stretch it's lifespan out. At the point of Exodus, I guess we were just trying to use a defibrillator. It was good while it lasted, and I certainly learned a lot while here. I'm rarely on SF anymore, so I'm sorry for that as well. These days, I don't do much besides write and scrap countless ideas in between playing Dark Souls 2.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    It's not dead until I say it's dead!

Temporary hiatus. One day we'll all just show up and it'll be beautiful. Also, speaking of DS2, I got to play it a little this weekend and now I can't wait to get my own copy. What class are you playing?

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Cool. I made a sorcerer, having never played one in the original, and it's immensely fun and challenging. Then I made one in the original the other day and it's quite a difference.

Delusional

I was going to post, but I kept getting server errors. This fl*ffing forum, I swear.

Delusional

Perhaps this post will go through, and I will have the chance to share my thoughts.

I think we should stick around, and as long as this thread exists, we exist as a group that can always come back here and strike up conversation. However, our roleplays, which nearly all of of us directly associate with our entire group's activity, seem to be finished and I doubt it would be possible to start another IoK-only RP for at least a while. We're burnt out, simply put, and the interest is gone.

Delusional

Oh, fl*ff these forums and their bullplops server errors. I'm so close to done with these forums.

Yeah, the combined IoK inspiration and drive to RP has been completely depleted, and it's going to take a while for reserves to be built back up.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts