The only thing in my opinion that is wrong with Skyrim.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TheEvilQueen

Dunmer Fangirl
I feel like they made conjuring less robust. I miss my Spider Daedra.

thoughts?

- Joan

TheEvilQueen

Dunmer Fangirl
I have never played Oblivion but I quite like Conjuration. Just a question... how does the necromancy side of Conjuration compare to Oblivion/Morrowind?

Also a Spider Daedra does sound cool :D

Firstly your Signature is awesome.

You should really play oblivion if you can get over the graphics you'll find it's very neat with skills and magic plus the guilds have longer better stories imo.

Necromancy was basically summoning zombie mobs out of thin air. There was a staff that could reanimate dead baddies and one spell. They only worked on humans though. So I guess they revamped it in that aspect.

Ivory

Let's Player
Necromany is more enhanced than in oblivion, though yes I would like to have seen better conjuration spells.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I have never played Oblivion but I quite like Conjuration. Just a question... how does the necromancy side of Conjuration compare to Oblivion/Morrowind?

You should really play oblivion if you can get over the graphics you'll find it's very neat with skills and magic plus the guilds have longer better stories imo.

Necromancy was basically summoning zombie mobs out of thin air. There was a staff that could reanimate dead baddies and one spell. They only worked on humans though. So I guess they revamped it in that aspect.

Aw thank you!

Yeah, Oblivion is definitely on my to-do list. Along with many other games out there!

I personally use the Conjuration Magic branch for reanimation and summoning Dremora Lords. The Atronachs are either too big and cumbersome or just cant take a hit. Although Storm Atronachs out in the open against dragons do work quite well.

Not sure how far into the game you are or how much you have experimented but I do suggest giving necromancy a go. The spell 'Dead Thrall' is absolutely amazing with many benefits... Although from a roleplaying perspective, being a necromancer is a bit different to being a conjuror :p

TheEvilQueen

Dunmer Fangirl

Aw thank you!

Yeah, Oblivion is definitely on my to-do list. Along with many other games out there!

I personally use the Conjuration Magic branch for reanimation and summoning Dremora Lords. The Atronachs are either too big and cumbersome or just cant take a hit. Although Storm Atronachs out in the open against dragons do work quite well.

Not sure how far into the game you are or how much you have experimented but I do suggest giving necromancy a go. The spell 'Dead Thrall' is absolutely amazing with many benefits... Although from a roleplaying perspective, being a necromancer is a bit different to being a conjuror :p

I might have used said spell on Ulfric and made him slaughter his own soldiers :p

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I find that I always have grand schemes involving Conjuration that never seem to quite materialize.

One plan always involves Orchendor and an Afflicted as thralls and together we spoil the lands with poison.

TheEvilQueen

Dunmer Fangirl
I find that I always have grand schemes involving Conjuration that never seem to quite materialize.

Not to incite anger with anyone but I reallllyyyyyyy hate Ulfric due to his treatment or lack of caring about other peoples treatment of the Dunmer. He might be a great war leader but he sucks as a jarl imo. So i took great pleasure in the whole "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW STORMCLOAKS?!?!" aspect of my scheme.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
I actually find myself wanting to play oblivion now. Got it for xmas, never played it. Ill see if I can get over the graphics & absense of Dwarven Ruins.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
Because of graphics or in comparison to Dwemer ruins?

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Magic in general was more enjoyable in Oblivion, mostly due to the ability to mix and create your own spells, staves and magical items at the Mage's College. The whole system was more indepth than "Hur one spell in one hand, another spell in the other hand! You can still mix spells. Just not if you want to play effectively!".

I highly recommend Oblivion to anyone who hasn't played it. If you can get it on the PC you can mod it so everyone doesn't look like a potato. Mods in Oblivion (like in Skyrim) go a long way to make up for the games graphical and artistic shortcomings.

I do not, however, miss the spider daedra. I had neatly abolished them from my memory until you brought them up here. Spider daedra? No such thing. Never existed.

Nope. Nope nope nope.

Annageckos

I actually find myself wanting to play oblivion now. Got it for xmas, never played it. Ill see if I can get over the graphics & absense of Dwarven Ruins.

I have Oblivion, started playing it and I don't find the graphics that bad. The faces are a different story, some of them are hilarious. I haven't played too much because I just can't put Skyrim down long enough to really get into Oblivion, but what I've done so far has been a lot of fun.

TheEvilQueen

Dunmer Fangirl
Magic in general was more enjoyable in Oblivion, mostly due to the ability to mix and create your own spells, staves and magical items at the Mage's College. The whole system was more indepth than "Hur one spell in one hand, another spell in the other hand! You can still mix spells. Just not if you want to play effectively!".

I highly recommend Oblivion to anyone who hasn't played it. If you can get it on the PC you can mod it so everyone doesn't look like a potato. Mods in Oblivion (like in Skyrim) go a long way to make up for the games graphical and artistic shortcomings.

I do not, however, miss the spider daedra. I had neatly abolished them from my memory until you brought them up here. Spider daedra? No such thing. Never existed.

Nope. Nope nope nope.

I'm more scared of the walking alligators tbh. :p I've always liked spiders.

TheEvilQueen

Dunmer Fangirl
Because of graphics or in comparison to Dwemer ruins?

In comparison tbh nothing is more scary than fighting skeletons (in oblivion they were terrifying a lot harder to kill) and then stepping on a trap made by some high elf dick from the past and being smooshed to the ceiling and becoming dark elf hamburger.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I'm going to have to go ahead and speak up on behalf of the Dwemer ruins, here.

They're way more extensive. Way more maze-like with a greater variety in theme and design. A dwemer ruin could turn into a Falmer dungeon deeper down.

Dungeons in Oblivion were not the game's strong suit. Dungeon design (and variety) was something the Skyrim development team intentionally went out of their way to improve over Elder Scrolls IV. Successfully, if you ask me.

Falmer creeping about in the murk with their legions of nightmare insect-creatures. Is that something sneaking up on me? I can't tell because of the ominous clank-clank-clank of dwarven machinery and the constant hissing of steam.

Falmer literally come out of the walls! Out of the walls! Then there's the traps..Flame traps, spike traps, blade traps!

TheEvilQueen

Dunmer Fangirl
I'm going to have to go ahead and speak up on behalf of the Dwemer ruins, here.

They're way more extensive. Way more maze-like with a greater variety in theme and design. A dwemer ruin could turn into a Falmer dungeon deeper down.

Dungeons in Oblivion were not the game's strong suit. Dungeon design (and variety) was something the Skyrim development team intentionally went out of their way to improve over Elder Scrolls IV. Successfully, if you ask me.

Falmer creeping about in the murk with their legions of nightmare insect-creatures. Is that something sneaking up on me? I can't tell because of the ominous clank-clank-clank of dwarven machinery and the constant hissing of steam.

Falmer literally come out of the walls! Out of the walls! Then there's the traps..Flame traps, spike traps, blade traps!

Your comment has swayed my position slightly. I still like the ayleid ruins personally a lot more but I can see the work they put into the dwemer ruins! Thanks for voicing your opinion maturely and politely!
-Joan

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I've just been playing around with realistic lighting and ambient sound effects mods in Skyrim this week. They've given me a new appreciation for all of the dungeons, but the dwemer dungeons especially.

So dark that you need a torch or candle-light spell. You can see the silhouettes of the falmer scampering beyond the reach of the light, you can see the sheen reflecting off the jet black carapaces of the chaurus lurking on the edge of vision.

The sounds of falmer howling in the dark. Inhuman chittering and screeches echoing through the empty halls. The sudden hiss of steam. The resounding clanking of ancient machinery.

It's a much more immersive experience!

TheNatural

I really want to be able to get into Oblivion, but I can never get myself amped up enough to play it. Personally, I can only really get into older games if there is some nostalgia involved, otherwise, it's hard for me to get over the graphical hump. There are so many quality of life things that Skyrim on PC provides (SkyUI, the Unofficial Patches, amazing homes, the texture updates, weather, lighting, audio, weapons armor, immersion mods, I could go on and on) that when I am forced to play the vanilla game, taking just those few steps back from the modded game I play now is actually pretty difficult/annoying. Going back to Oblivion wouldn't just be akin to taking a couple steps backwards, it would be like freaking time-travel.

/spoiledgamer

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
I really want to be able to get into Oblivion, but I can never get myself amped up enough to play it. Personally, I can only really get into older games if there is some nostalgia involved, otherwise, it's hard for me to get over the graphical hump. There are so many quality of life things that Skyrim on PC provides (SkyUI, the Unofficial Patches, amazing homes, the texture updates, weather, lighting, audio, weapons armor, immersion mods, I could go on and on) that when I am forced to play the vanilla game, taking just those few steps back from the modded game I play now is actually pretty difficult/annoying. Going back to Oblivion wouldn't just be akin to taking a couple steps backwards, it would be like freaking time-travel.

/spoiledgamer

This is what im worried about in oblivion (though no mods, so maybe not as bad on xbox).
Never had to worry about graphics before. I started Mass effect on the first game & that became a standard for that series, Halo has always looked epic, & Minecraft (which coincidently has done mash-up packs for all three pre-mentioned game series) is, well Minecraft.
Well, it looks better than Morrowind anyway. Looked like you were talking to balloon people.