18+ The Shift of Nirn (or) The Hollow War

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Hale Loneshadow

Prelude: The Great Change
It is the dawning of a New Order. 3,200 years have fallen upon the lands of Nirn since the return, and subsequent disappearance of the last Dragonborn, who slew Alduin in the ancestral, undying lands of Sovengarde.
In present day, around one century ago, the lands of Nirn, especially Tamriel, have seen many advancements in technology, magic, weaponry, and political structuring. The Aldmeri Dominion has been disbanded by the armies of the New Empire, a war which occurred around 1,000 years previous to present time. The New Empire stretches from its roots in Cyrodiil, across all of Tamriel, having subdued all major countries and continents in its path thus far. This New Empire is actually led by three now-corporeal Daedra: Molag-Bal, who has ascended as king of the Daedra, his majordomo, the once all-powerful Mehrunes Dagon, and their Admiral of the Black Fleet, Boethia.
This conquest, led in secret by these Daedric lords, has captured the attention of the benevolent Aedra. Three have returned from the Heavens to lead the growing Revolution, which is the basis for our Hero's story. The Nine Divines have returned in "human", corporeal form to lead these brave men and women in war against their evil oppressors.
But, there was one more detail in this conflict. When they returned one century ago, the Aedra brought word of a prophecy, a long-lost Elder Scroll that told word of not merely one Hero, but a Hero aided by "Six companions, brought together through blood and fire." A full century and more has passed since this prophecy, the Daedric lords attempting now to kill the Child Born into Darkness: their soldiers of the Black Army enter villages at random, slaughtering many with gun, blade, and magic in a desperate move to save themselves.
Though he does not yet realize it, the soon-to-be twenty year old Damien Vasser has a power within him, that will soon be awoken, "Once he finds, and ultimately accepts his destiny." It is the power that not even the Aedra have.
It is the power to kill Daedra.

Hale Loneshadow

((Basically, my whole story line is this: A new, sci-fi age of Nirn, with the same old fantasy stuffed in there as well. If anyone knows the story of the Amory Wars by Coheed and Cambria, I was heavily inspired by them to write this, as well as the lore and stories of TES. Basically, there are guns and such now, but magically infused. Swords and the like are still there of course. Armor, yes, but with technological advancements. There will also be ship/space battles!; these ships are all powered on magic and magical essences I created that still fall within TES lore; ie, for a ship-powering core, I made up the term Uber Soul Gem, just for an example. So yeah, I'll have more up tonight introducing the main hero and such. But yeah, when it comes down to it, this story is (ideally!) going to be a huge, lone-time ongoing thing with me. I'll be writing both as I go, and also have some pre-planned chapters and writing. Let me know what you think of my idea on here or PM! Also, if you have any ideas for this kind of story, please let me know. Of course, critique and criticism are always welcome :) I'm really excited cause as far as I can tell, nothing like this has been done on here so far haha. But yeah, hope to hear from you all about this! May the Epic begin ;D ))

Seeker

The Awesomelistic One
This seems like a great idea, as long as you don't go too technological. Also, will there be other "planets" other than Nirn? I'll follow this since I'm really interested in how this story will go!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts