• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Enjoy the character, Tommy, glad to see you out and about again. It's been a long time. :D I was curious about one thing, however. After looking at the party make up, and the character's within it, I cant shake the feeling there are lot of similarities between Athena and Celeste, both of which are female bretons with black hair, which is similar in length, and dark eyes who rely on ice magic for self defense. Aside from Celeste's necromancy, which does set her apart to an extent as it is one of her trademarks, but still is outweighed by the rather uncanny similarities in appearance and make up, as well as a similar upbringing by an affluent family in high rock, though it does diverge from her leaving on her own terms after a short time. I'm not the leader of this by any means, so I wont step on any toes, but I think that the similarities needed to be brought to your attention.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    I could give and take with you on that one cap. I'm jonny doesn't want to change maybe could work up some knowledge of one another or a past?

While they are similar in a lot of ways their outlooks and personalities seem to be in pretty stark contrast with one another

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    That may be the case, but it feels more like its the same outline but filled with something else. I would never accuse Tommy of taking her character and making it his, I know Tommy wouldn't do that as I have worked with him before and know him to be quite a sporting dude. However, the fact stands.They may act different, perhaps, but the likelihood of two such characters fitting these exact characteristics coming from a similar if not the same affluental background? Its a bit of a stretch, to be fair.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention Cap, it wasn't my intention to steal anything and I didn't notice the extent of the similarities. I saw a few, but based on the characters I'd seen so far I thought Athena's personality would add the most to the group. As for the similarities in appearance, I feel that on paper a character's mannerisms and personality are what set them apart instead of appearance. You do make a good point with regards to their backgrounds though, I can change that. I'm not particularly attached to her origin, I have no problem switching it up. I can work on that tomorrow.
    Additionally I have several other characters that can fit the bill if anyone wants, I'm flexible. I'm not attached to a particular character, I just enjoy writing :)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    I just day do what fits for you. If you are comfortable making edits to the character do so. If you feel you need a new character have at it. While the story will be nice and all it is really all about us having fun and I want as many people as can run with it to be in on it

Edit: for the story itself, while I have a general outline I would like this to be as character driven as possible. If we ever find ourselves in a corner story wise and you have an idea feel free to message me and so long as it fits the general narrative I will be more than happy to accommodate

If it's alright with Hilf I'll just switch up some background info and start on my intro. If anyone thinks it's too similar I'll switch but either way I'll start work on my intro tomorrow :)

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Sorry I've been absent, I'm a little preoccupied at the moment. I will leave it up to your judgment, do as you see fit.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Kaen is up, would have had it up sooner but I had a few things to take care of. Hope it turned out alright!

Sorry guys some stuff came up today don't think I can finish my post tonight, but I'll knock it out as early as I can in the morning.

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    Short of tommy and Hlif I think everyone has posted in the RP. was there anyone I missed? Once everyone has introd and our characters aren't immediately trying to kill one another I'll give us a divine push in the right direction.

Couldn't sleep, so made the edit and my intro post! The new background story isn't very detailed, I may brush it up later but the main idea will stay the same.

JRMoosePaul

Stormcloak Warrior
    Hey I don’t know if I’ll be able to participate. I got pretty busy schedule coming up and I’m not sure I can post as often as I’d like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mirro9@

Mirro9@
    alright JR no problem. If it does turn put you can't participate then if you wouldn't mind deleting your one post in the RP it would be appreciated.

On top of that Cap has just offered to run a second character to give the group a slightly tankier presence. I just wanted to run this by the group and make sure no one has any issues going forward with that

alright JR no problem. If it does turn put you can't participate then if you wouldn't mind deleting your one post in the RP it would be appreciated.

On top of that Cap has just offered to run a second character to give the group a slightly tankier presence. I just wanted to run this by the group and make sure no one has any issues going forward with that

My character is a sexy tank . Nah I feel ok with a tank character . All good here and I’ll be sure to throw another post out once hlif posts .

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts