The Totally Incredible Compilation of Nuke Bugs Thrown at Writes by Skyrim in PS3

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
TICNBTWSP for short. This is what happened to me earlier today, when I was roaming through the wilds, leaving Riften. As you might know I've come back to RPing in Skyrim and what I like to do at first is hunt for random encounters, to see the many different outcomes of each any character can have. Anyway, the first thing that happens is that a wolf (alone, no gang or pack to back it up) chooses to attack me, and Kharjo, loyally, leaps into battle to protect me. Somehow, the animal takes an insane amount of time to kill, forcing me to use my claws to make it die and spare some time. When I loot it, it has no pelt, and only a silver ring instead. It is not that I dislike the free ring, but why giving it to me? Why then?

I think it probably was a mere mistake and carry on, minding my own personal quest of selling all the stolen drinks to my caravan friends once I got to Whiterun. Out of nowhere, a Bonelord, you read it right, a Bonelord, (the one everybody tells you that only exists in Soul Cairn, to make you feel safe) falls out of the sky, like a dragon, from so high, so high, the damage provoked by the fall was enough to kill it. As it turned into a pile of black ooze, I thought "Hey, like the ring, more free loot!" But no. It was empty like my pockets when I first came to Helgen! I had never even set foot on Dawnguard territory, and that abomination rained upon me! Worse though, it could have survived the fall! What would my skinny, speech and sneak based khajiit merchant be able to do against it once Kharjo died?!

I carried on, thinking it was the last of it, but... a random encounter appeared. A horse comes sprinting towards me. No noble, no bodyguard, no hunter. Just a horse. As its hooves trotted in my direction, I noticed the red dot in my compass, warning me of an unfriendly presence. When the horse finally meets me, it raises its hooves and tries to knock me down, causing Kharjo to battle it. I even looked around for an annoying spriggan, as there is a pond where one of those stays in, but no, the beast had its own grudge against me. It was definitely a creative way of sending a hired thug against a thief...

Already in the Whiterun hold, I found a squad of Thalmor, with a prisoner, walking down the road, while in the plains by the side, a giant roamed peacefully, his club resting on his shoulder as it looked at the sky. Suddenly, the elves and their prisoner all yell "Who's there?!" or "Never shoulda come hiar!" or even "What was that?!" and they all pick up fists, weapons and magic and try to take the giant down. I didn't know the Thalmor Inquisition had banned the worship of Secunda! Luckily, the tall thing was clever enough to leave the Stormcloak behind while he took care of the real threats, blasting them all into the air, and eventually winning the fight, granting me some free armor and weapons to sell as well. I didn't mind that bug, I mean, if the Nords don't teach elves to behave in their land, let the giants, also from said land do it!

At last, when I was already trying to sell my stuff to Ri'saad (I think), I noticed I had sold 34 bottles of Alto Wine to him, but instead of getting money for it, Ri'Saad simply lost his cash to Oblivion, instead of giving it to me. I'm not sure if I explained this well enough:
I had (for example) 1000 septims at first, while he had (for example again) 700.
My sold wine would take (for example) 100 septims from his purse
What happened? He took the bottles and lost 100 septims, having then 600. But the money didn't go for me! I still had 1000!
So he simply noticed he would lose some cash, so the khajiit simply chose to hurl his wallet at the horizon and say fetch with an annoying smile. Okay, I knew Nazeem, the Bards, the Thalmor, that Imperial Captain, Heimskrr, Delphine, Dagon, Molag Bal, Miraak and Arnbjorn were douchebags, but not you Ri... You made me have hope in the other races... :sadface: There I went to the inn, believing I had inhaled too much of the stench of moonsugar that came out of my satchel.

The challenge is on: Did anybody have a bigger bug streak?

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
The first two paragraphs gave me the impression that this was going to turn into a Creepy Pasta. That's great starting material if you ever decide to write one. I cannot say that I've had such a bug streak nor such bugs as unique as those.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Never. That's a crazy string of bugs. Weirdest bug I've ever encountered was a mammoth that moved in the sky like an alien craft. Moving fast, then slowing down, turning at right angles, levitating, dropping, rising, shooting across the sky like a rocket. It started getting creepy. I followed it around for as long as I could keep up but he eventually lost me when he flew through a mountain heading towards Dawnstar. I've encountered flying mammoths before but they usually just sort of hover around for a few and then plop down. This guy was on a mission.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I have had a bizarre string of the attack of the immortal headless sliding, but otherwise static bandits.

Funny thing is that even though they have no heads, they still keep talking pl*ps about how they are going to mount your head on their wall.

Writes-Many-Posts

I've heard of the mammoth that could fly too, but it only hovered for a few seconds before it fell and lost some health. But moving like that... It must mean its tusks have a connection to Secunda or something!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
The weirdest glitch was on my last start. The cart in front of us heading in to Helgen starting bouncing and flailing and then just kept rolling over and over and over as it moved forward. I kind of ignored my fellow prisoners as I just waited for someone to come flying out of the cart. Didn't happen and eventually the cart settled back down again, but I swear I could hear retching all the way back in my cart. :)

I've had the bonelord thing happen to me too even when I wasn't playing the Dawnguard questline, but then again, in my game it's always raining something: horkers, hagravens, mammoths, people and even dragons. You name it, my Skryim has rained it. It's just plain weird. Entertaining, but weird.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I've had a dragon drop out of the sky, then its skeleton spazzed and got stuck in the ground and started dancing, and a wagon fell right on top of it. I have no idea. :p Skyrim tends to have rain showers of random things. :D

Chadonraz

My cart ride of doom bugged out like four times in a row. Does that count? One of the bug-outs involved Hadvar getting attacked by a Bristleback. :p

I haven't experienced a real glitch streak (unless you count Mirmulnir's corpse stalking me around Skyrim). Would like to, though. :D

Writes-Many-Posts

What about dragons flying backwards? Or that Snake/Whale/Dragon enigma that sometimes spins for a whole minute non-stop without you doing anything? Better, once as an argonian I was thrown in the air by a giant, but my tail got stuck on the ground and streeeeeeeeeeeetched all the way to my height.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts