Thinking of starting over again...crafting and smithing make it too easy.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Oren74

Ok, love Skyrim. Fanatic.

Biggest gripe is with smithing and enchanting. I feel like it's cheating to be able to make a leather bracer over and over, and do a petty enchantment over and over, to basically give you gear that is better than anything else in the game 1/2 way through if not sooner. Even with my 2nd character, I just let smithing and enchanting raise normally, and am still making gear a lot better than what's available to loot.

So, thinking of starting over. Warrior type. And only using gear from quest rewards, purchased from shops, or looting dungeons. But than I'm thinking of how pathetic this stuff is.

Short is, seems there is a need for some balancing. Should be that 5% of loot that is better than any crafted piece. 20% of loot is the same as crafted items, and the rest is worst than crafted. Right now it's 100% of loot is worse than crafted.

BIGwooly

I feel for you, man. I was lucky enough to look over some forums before I started my character and so I learned in advance that smithing and enchanting were OP. If you're interested in making the game more challenging and interesting, check the link in my sig for a list of restrictions I use when I play. Good luck!