• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ree Jay

Im playin as a dark elf and was thinkin about being a vampire but idk.... The thought of it sounds fun but i feel like it would get real old, real soon, and maybe even a little annoying. So i wanna know what were your vampire expierences?

Forumate

I played a illusion thief and had him become a vampire. The abilities you get as a vampire sounded perfect for him but I didn't like the fact that his health, stamina and magic didn't regenerate.

If you can deal with that and the weakness to fire than you might enjoy it. Having a few perks into alchemy so you can make your own potions would help. That and you could call on the power of the lady stone for a 25% bonus to your health and stamina regeneration.

Derpo

I played a illusion thief and had him become a vampire. The abilities you get as a vampire sounded perfect for him but I didn't like the fact that his health, stamina and magic didn't regenerate.

If you can deal with that and the weakness to fire than you might enjoy it. Having a few perks into alchemy so you can make your own potions would help. That and you could call on the power of the lady stone for a 25% bonus to your health and stamina regeneration.
Dont forget the stages of vampirism the more u get the stronger, but once u hit the highest townfolk and guards will attack you on sight, so if u fast travel certain distances you can sometimes go into stage 4 instantly. no thanks on top of all the other crap. plus the abilities suck((no pun)) besides the illusion thing and the sneak increase. i say lame. till they make it much easier to play a vampire

Halkin

pzzzztt
i'll be giving it a try for sure at some point but as with the above posts and comments from other threads it sounds like it needs some work

Derpo

i'll be giving it a try for sure at some point but as with the above posts and comments from other threads it sounds like it needs some work
definitely. but than again alot of things in skyrim need working.

IllusionaryDream

Sweetroll Thief
Vampirism in Skyrim is difficult, and in my opinion more for roleplay purposes than actual gameplay. In RP it wouldnt be right for a Dunmer to be a Vampire seeing its history. Their abilities are good, but only if you know how to use them right, and probably set up for experienced players. If you want trouble, vampires get a lot of that, if you like things being more difficult be a vampire. Its an experience all players should have at least once so you know if you like it or not...Plus there is an extra side quest for the cure if you dont like it (the screenplay as you are cured is pretty badass too) all in all...id say try it before you buy it.

IllusionaryDream

Sweetroll Thief
Vampirism in Skyrim is difficult, and in my opinion more for roleplay purposes than actual gameplay. In RP it wouldnt be right for a Dunmer to be a Vampire seeing its history. Their abilities are good, but only if you know how to use them right, and probably set up for experienced players. If you want trouble, vampires get a lot of that, if you like things being more difficult be a vampire. Its an experience all players should have at least once so you know if you like it or not...Plus there is an extra side quest for the cure if you dont like it (the screenplay as you are cured is pretty badass too) all in all...id say try it before you buy it.

wakka

damn nature you scary
my newest alt is a vampire, i think it adds a new aspect to the game like before you go to whiterun in stage 4 you need to feed, so you have to find a house pick the lock sneak in... as the char is a rogue the skills vampirism brings are very welcome :D

like illusionarydream said its great for RP but also great to change the way you play ( after making a few alts its nice to do something different )

just make a hard save before you get vampirism and try it out for a bit do some dungeons etc and if you dont like it just reload

vampirism sucks! well in my opinion anyways... you can't go anywhere without saying "Crap, how many days has it been since I've feeded?" and the stages...Don't even get me started on the stages...

Pileggi

I like a challenge but getting ambushed by dawnguard in the middle of a forest whilst your skin is on fire is no fun at all. I made it my mission to become the day walker with my vampire character.

Vampires are great fun, especially with the Dawnguard DLC. No M/H/S regen sucks but the good news is you can mitigate sun sickness with Magicka/Health/Stamina regen enchantments and other features such as the Lady Stone.

Absorb weapon enchantments are also really helpful if your playing a vampire. It's all about bridging that gap, if your patient enough you will be left with a day walking vampire lord who will be almost unstoppable at night.

jaredb

having vampirism is more like a negative effect, becoming a vampire lord though is very different & ultimately great fun

jaredb

Guys. Date of the posts.

yup, thats how long you have to wait to get a reply round here.........hopeful he'll have another 2 or 3 opinions before spring!

Anwrise888

A very naughty naughty kinky mage....
skyrim_vampire_adventurer_by_jdbrockind52ydiy.jpg

Volanere

Grand Magister
I began as a vampire and used the vampire lord alot, but then it got old i just hated the sound of when i walked outsied i started burning, so annoying.