Werewolf Glitch, Please help

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SilentAssassn87

Hello,

I'm having a really weird issue with my character. Whenever I try to turn into a werewolf, The screen does the blur transition, I get the smoke like effect, but that's it; I remain human and can no longer access my quick menu or anything like that. Its as if the game reads the transformation, but it doesn't actually happen. Is there anyway I can fix this through a console command or something? I read a similar thread, and the suggestion there was to use "player.setstage 0002ba16 100" but that did nothing for me. It wasn't always like this and I used to be able to change, but all of a sudden it stopped working some time ago.

SilentAssassn87

I advise you update Skyrim with the latest patch.

However quick solution.

Hit the tilde `~ key so the shell opens / type> player.setstage F6090 0
Then save your game and quit to the menu, now load the saved game.
in the shell type> player.setstage F6090 100 ENTER: again type> PlayerIsWerewolf to 0

Now you should be cured at this point.

Now to retransform.

Shell type> player.addspell 00092C48 ENTER: again type> player.addspell 000A1A3E

Next repeat the process above, save and reload.

Open the shell and type> PlayerIsWerewolf to 100

I do strongly advise though to update Skyrim.
I tried this and it did nothing. I think I may be confused, where you say "Next Repeat the process above" Do you mean "player.setstage F6090 0
Then save your game and quit to the menu, now load the saved game.
in the shell type> player.setstage F6090 100 ENTER: again type> PlayerIsWerewolf to 0

Now you should be cured at this point.

Now to retransform.

Shell type> player.addspell 00092C48 ENTER: again type> player.addspell 000A1A3E" or just the spell parts?

SilentAssassn87

I know, I did it correctly and followed this side by side, but the problem is still present. I press try to transform and get the transformation sound, but my character remains the same but I can no longer access my quick menu or anything as if I actually did change.

SilentAssassn87

I'm running the most recent version of skyrim from Steam. I'll try the process over again and see if I get it this time through.

SilentAssassn87

No luck, still the same problem.

I think I'm just going to delete this file once and for all. It seems something went wrong with it long ago. Thanks for the help, and if I encounter this problem with any of my future characters, I'll be sure to try these steps first.

SilentAssassn87

I'm pretty sure:

I load up the messed up file,
bring up the console command and type player.setstage F6090 0 and press enter
I save and quit to the main menu
Load back up and enter player.setstage F6090 100 press enter
type Set PlayerIsWerewolf to 0 press enter
Type player.addspell 00092C48 (I get a message saying spell Beast Form Not removed)
Type player.addspell 000a1a3e (Werewolf abilities added)
Save and quit to main menu
Load and enter Set PlayerisWerewolf 1

Problem still present.

SilentAssassn87

I have too many mods installed to do a clean install of the game. The character is just more hassle than anything else at this point lol.

I've also tried disabling mods in the past, still the same thing.

IgniFerroque

Exactly same issue. If you found solution inform me too, please.
I tried removing all spells, buffs, effects and even items. After it bugs it's impossible to get menus back.