What do you want to see? - Ideas

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jarif

I am going to be making an Assassin's Creed guild mod for roleplay reasons as the Dark Brotherhood aren't really morally good.

However, I am a noob/beginner which means I will be learning tutorials and such as well as be doing this in my spare time so you probably won't see this mod any time see this mod anytime soon on the nexus. Minimum 3-4 months.

Anyway, my fundamental mechanics for the mod is to have a quest to kill people with the the quest info having why your killing them and have a decent/satisfactory length main quest.

So, anything you want to see?

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
That's a great idea!

So if I had a clue about how to make a mod, I would definitely make a new faction and give it a name. Give them a hideout, kinda how the DB has their DB sanctuary. Make it hard to join them, like you can't just walk up to their hideout and knock on the door and join. Either they have to find you, or maybe you have to have certain skills at a certain level requirement. Definitely have a new set of armor, maybe different variations of it. Like the guy in charge will be wearing the same armor as his members, but maybe a different color variation to signify his significance. I would also make weapons to match the armor as well, at least a bow, sword, and dagger. Maybe create a couple books about them and scatter them around Skyrim.

I don't think you have to strictly stick to Assassin's Creed dynamics (like go through all the trouble of making a group as the Templars and have the whole Animus and technology thing either). Maybe in the books you could explain the story of how they were against another faction, like the Templars, in history. But now they have come to Skyrim and the other faction is no longer a threat.

If you could, give some dialogue to the guards that recognize your status within the faction. Kinda how the guards say, "Psst I know who you are, hail sithis!" if you're with the DB. Not sure how hard that would be as I only download mods, have never made one myself.

Another cool thing would be if you had a special horse, kidna like the Shadowmere concept, and put armor on it that matches the colors of the faction's unique armor. The horse could be white and fitted out in silver armor to represent the guild's good intentions, unlike how Shadowmere is black with red eyes. Give it superior stats like Shadowmere has.

You could also create a few new conjuration spells, like summon an old assassin that will fight with you. Or maybe an invisibility spell that does NOT break when you open things or toggle things or cast a new spell, unless there already is one and I just don't know about it.

That's all I can think of at the moment!

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
For a good quest mod you need a quality nemesis. DB might be a good one to consider as they might not like competition in the marketplace or there may be rival people pulling hidden strings of who gets assassinated.

At least a handful of compelling NPC's go a long way too especially for a faction-type creation. Not everyone has to have the deepest backstory, but there should be enough to give a sense of how the group came about and why the members are there.

Sounds like a cool idea though.

I like the ideas above. Especially figuring out the recruitment process. Maybe something like a you don't choose them, they choose you type thing. Maybe they find people doing something similar on a solo level and recruit them, or even disenchanted DB members

jarif

That's a great idea!

So if I had a clue about how to make a mod, I would definitely make a new faction and give it a name. Give them a hideout, kinda how the DB has their DB sanctuary. Make it hard to join them, like you can't just walk up to their hideout and knock on the door and join. Either they have to find you, or maybe you have to have certain skills at a certain level requirement. Definitely have a new set of armor, maybe different variations of it. Like the guy in charge will be wearing the same armor as his members, but maybe a different color variation to signify his significance. I would also make weapons to match the armor as well, at least a bow, sword, and dagger. Maybe create a couple books about them and scatter them around Skyrim.

I don't think you have to strictly stick to Assassin's Creed dynamics (like go through all the trouble of making a group as the Templars and have the whole Animus and technology thing either). Maybe in the books you could explain the story of how they were against another faction, like the Templars, in history. But now they have come to Skyrim and the other faction is no longer a threat.

If you could, give some dialogue to the guards that recognize your status within the faction. Kinda how the guards say, "Psst I know who you are, hail sithis!" if you're with the DB. Not sure how hard that would be as I only download mods, have never made one myself.

Another cool thing would be if you had a special horse, kidna like the Shadowmere concept, and put armor on it that matches the colors of the faction's unique armor. The horse could be white and fitted out in silver armor to represent the guild's good intentions, unlike how Shadowmere is black with red eyes. Give it superior stats like Shadowmere has.

You could also create a few new conjuration spells, like summon an old assassin that will fight with you. Or maybe an invisibility spell that does NOT break when you open things or toggle things or cast a new spell, unless there already is one and I just don't know about it.

That's all I can think of at the moment!
I'm not sure if I can make armour and weapons but figured borrowing mod creators mods with their permission. Though there could be that kind soul that volunteers when I have enough to show for like a trailer or promo.

jarif

For a good quest mod you need a quality nemesis. DB might be a good one to consider as they might not like competition in the marketplace or there may be rival people pulling hidden strings of who gets assassinated.

At least a handful of compelling NPC's go a long way too especially for a faction-type creation. Not everyone has to have the deepest backstory, but there should be enough to give a sense of how the group came about and why the members are there.

Sounds like a cool idea though.

I like the ideas above. Especially figuring out the recruitment process. Maybe something like a you don't choose them, they choose you type thing. Maybe they find people doing something similar on a solo level and recruit them, or even disenchanted DB members
I like that idea, they find you at a certain level but I definitely need to figure out more ways to join. I definitely will make good characters.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I'm not sure if I can make armour and weapons but figured borrowing mod creators mods with their permission. Though there could be that kind soul that volunteers when I have enough to show for like a trailer or promo.
A good idea about finding people to reach out to would be searching for existing mods that are of a similar vein and contact some of the people that are credited by the mod creator w/ assistance or material.

I also know Nexus does have a modder's resource section that you can find some stuff

JoeReese

There is an Ezio armor mod on Steam Workshop right now, which may be helpful. Couldn't hurt to reach out to the creator and ask if you can incorporate their armor into your mod. Not all, I know, but many will ask only that you credit them in your mod description.

** edit: Scratch that. I see they have "prohibited" stamped all over the thing. Sorry.

I can do basic recolors or retextures of existing armors, but I can't create customs from scratch.

Jewels

POTATO
I've never made a mod in my life, and I even don't know how to install them. However, I have a few ideas, just to help you out, because, you know... I'm a nice girl.
Of course,like mainly every guild, you might need a pair of equipment. Like Altair's robes and hood, or maybe something that is kind of Daedric-colored. Like black cloak with sanguine under-fabric. That's just my suggestion. I'm not good at picking up ideas... As you already know.
You might need a few extra NPCS to assassinate and for your new faction members.
I know this might seem a little impossible... But I have one more suggestion:
Maybe a new Thu'um to unlock. My idea is to have that shout power to be something like... Paralyses target?
Sorry if these seem impossible. Like I said, I never made a mod before. In my life.
Good luck with your mod!

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
There is an Ezio armor mod on Steam Workshop right now, which may be helpful. Couldn't hurt to reach out to the creator and ask if you can incorporate their armor into your mod. Not all, I know, but many will ask only that you credit them in your mod description.

** edit: Scratch that. I see they have "prohibited" stamped all over the thing. Sorry.

I can do basic recolors or retextures of existing armors, but I can't create customs from scratch.
I surprised the Ezio armor has stayed up on steam this long. If it's a close remake or rip of the original, that usually gets banned quickly for copyright reasons. Same on Nexus.