What is your archer's armor and why?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Just some plain old Ancient Nord armor, but it's a mash up of the male and female Ancient Nord Armor for the UNPB body, Male top half, part of the female bottom half, with a ratty looking cloth loin cloth, the male version boots and gauntlets, and the male version of the helmet too, which you can see in my avatar. Once I get around to Yngol's Barrow, I'll have his helmet. I don't actually need armor, Enemies never get close enough. I just like the way it looks.

How do you get male versions of armor? Are you on PC? Because I'm on Xbox, and wonder if that is possible.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Depending on your play style, level, difficulty, mods (if on pc), and among a few other things - you really don't require armor to play an effective archer. You could also play an archer who wears heavy armor. I use armor mods (when I do play), so I'm not sure I can comment on the type an archer I may play would wear.

Dallas-Arbiter

How do you get male versions of armor? Are you on PC? Because I'm on Xbox, and wonder if that is possible.

Yep, I'm on PC. I don't know much of anything about Xbox's but, I know some hacks can be done on the Xbox. But I don't know if new meshes and textures can be added. There might be someone here that knows if it can be done. There's not too many female armor mods out there that uses altered parts of male armor models, the one I have is just about the only one I've seen.

Ivory

Let's Player
Ancient Falmer Armor. Same defensive stats as glass but doesn't make you look like a diseased turtle. Plus, I play a Snow elf, anything else is invisible on my character, I prefer not to have a pale elf running around in scivys. The sun burn would be murder.

Octavia

~ Ryla <3

Nala

Old thread, but was just searching the internet on opinions/ideas.

My wood elf archer only wears fur armor (enchanted for higher light armor rating) or the hooded green tunic (Going all Robin Hood, yo).

Also agree on the Linwe armor. That just looks sweet.

Only talking Xbox here, so I don't have the PC Mods.

My Bosmer character uses nightingale armor mostly and sometimes studded armor and apprentice hood leater boots and bracers maybe even ancient falmer armor dawnguard. Daedric bow and arrows i collect any arrows i happen to find I have daedric daggers just in case dragonbone arrows too bosemer lvl 50

PoeticEdda

There's something I like about the Dark Brotherhood, Elven Light Armor combo. Shrouded Cowl with gilded Elven Light, Elven gauntlets, DB muffle boots.

That gold and Black just looks sweet to me. The gilded gives you a pretty good armor rating. Works well for an archery first melee second kind of character. I like sniping from the mountains, and then running in dual wielding enchanted maces to finish off the last couple banditos.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
On humans I like leather - just works and enchanted, even better. I actually prefer the look of vampire armor, especially the grey.

On Altmer - usually it's elven armor (although it's a bit precious most of the time)

On Bosmer or Dunmer I like the vampire (especially the red or cream coloured)

On Argonians - the scaled every time

On Khajit - I usually don't wear armor. I like any sort of dark outfit with a Alik'r hood. They actually aren't too bad in the imperial light either. Something about the fit that works.

Of course there's always the nightingale or TG armours, but I'm talking about early on before you get the good stuff.

I stay away from the hide and fur armours. They're fine on warrior classes, but I just feel like an archer needs to be a bit more sleek.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Any pure archer build I make is also a hunter and all my hunters wear fur armor with forsworn gauntlets and boots. Reason, I think it looks cool and it's very light and mobile.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I used to go with nightingale armour and boots, with different gauntlets and helmet/cowl with archery enchantments on them.

But my character is now in stuff she made herself, and I have made the exact copy of all items for my follower Annekke.
Dragonscale armour with fortify health (legendary)
Dragonscale helmet with fortify archery 36% (legendary)
Dragonscale gauntlets with fortify archery 36% (legendary)
Dargonscale boots with fire resist (legendary)
Dragonbone bow does 25% shock damgae and half as much magicka (legendary)
Dragonbone sword does 25%shock damage and half as much magicka (legendary)
Ring of archery bows do 35% more damage
Amulet of Talos, or amulet of fire resist, or amulet of shock resist
I also use enhanced dwarven cross bow with 25% shock damage and half as much magicka damage (Legendary)

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I used to go with nightingale armour and boots, with different gauntlets and helmet/cowl with archery enchantments on them.

But my character is now in stuff she made herself, and I have made the exact copy of all items for my follower Annekke.
I also use enhanced dwarven cross bow with 25% shock damage and half as much magicka damage (Legendary)

Ouch... That's a hard hitting crossbow. Nice. Exploding bolts?

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

Ouch... That's a hard hitting crossbow. Nice.

She packs a mean punch for sure. :)Especially when I team it with the exploding bolts :)

I'm at present lvling a Nord warrior he's at lvl 56..... even though he's geared for melee , I have made him almost as deadly with archery as all my Bosmer builds .
" Dragonscale " Maxed out with , Smithing , Enchanting , Alchemy .

That Build of yours is Awesome Kitty :cowboy:

Vaga8ond

I don't know if we are talking about a pure archer or a ranger build but either way I prefer light armor. There are just too many times especially in caves where you get cornered and have to melee or turtle your way back out. Having some mitigation is too paramount for me. That being said I have a little more of a defensive mentality so I'm a bit bias to having more armor.

AS88

Staff member

Dawnguard Light Armour (Archery and Stamina Regen enchants) with Apprentice Hood (Fortify Magicka). Bound Bow with Mystic Binding and Oblivion Binding perks.

Tends to work pretty well once I've got Stendarr's Aura protecting me from anything getting close and Mjoll smashing in anything she sees. :)