• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
As the question states, what is your favorite faction? Who has your loyalty? Do you consider the Thieves Guild as family or are your dark habits more inclined to Astrid and her silent killers? Do you feel more unified fighting with the Imperial Army? Do you prowl the fields with your Companions?

Personally, my family remains in the Ragged Flagon, along with my new favorite person, Karliah. :D

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
I'm kind of stuck between Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild.Eh..Thieves Guild takes it.

sticky runes

Mage College. It's all about the followers - three badass magic students who become available quite early on. Unlike those Companions who can only be used after you become the Harbinger (or you get forced with them during certain quests) The thieves guild has loads of members but none of them are followers, so they're useless to me, and the fishing/numbers etc. jobs got boring. The Dark Brotherhood has interesting quests, but it's a total rip off that most of the members get killed off if you continue the storyline. They are all more awesome than Astrid as well, so it should have just been that bitch who dies.

seeker23

Looking for the Snitch in Skyrim...
I'm stuck between the Dark Brotherhood, the Thieves Guild and College of Winterhold.
The quests from Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild are awesome. I like all the sneaky and silent things. It brings an air of Hitman/Splinter Cell.
Mage College is magic. I play a mage. So thats probably why I like the College the most. Also because the Archmage robe was awesome even though the hood is quite ugly.

T.G. no Werewolves , or Vampire's , and they frown on cold blooded murder for $$$ . Delven Mallory ( Quote) " Keep your eyes open , yer mouth shut , and your blade clean " . MY faction family :D

Wildroses

The Dawnguard, but only by default.

I hate murdering NPCs, which makes the Dark Brotherhood and the Volkihar Vampires super awkward.

I could get over stealing things, but the way I go around setting innocent people up and helping criminals stay unimprisoned makes me hate the Thieves Guild, plus an afterlife serving in Nocturnal's temple then being part of the mystic force that helps thieves does not appeal.

The Companions pass my morality check, but they fail questwise as I don't always want to be a goddamn werewolf, but if you want to continue the questline you are going to be a goddamn werewolf so suck it up, princess. And if that wasn't bad enough, you are then forced to kill an entire fort of Silver Hands to 'celebrate your transformation', then you get roped into Aela's little vengeance crusade. Neither of those things sit well for a good roleplay, and I resent being unable to say no or dob her into Kodlak or at least say: "I think I might have figured out why the Silver Hand hate werewolves so much, Aela."

College of Winterhold doesn't force me to me a horrible person or into questionable choices, but come on, we've all seen how ridiculous it is that the newest member (who may have stopped using magic after the novice spell for the gatekeeper) gets to be the new Arch-Mage. They seriously overlooked all the professors and three students who had been here way longer for a heavily armoured board and sword expert?

So that leaves the Dawnguard because both sides of the Civil War are complete losers. The only quest I hate more than Season Unending are the Civil War quests. I was actually amazed Isran survived Dawnguard, in all honesty, I totally thought he was going to die heroically and pass on the duty of killing all vampires to me. At the end I was basically: "I'm not the new leader of the Dawnguard because the old one survived? Yippee! Best faction ever!"

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
The Greybeards; love those crusty ol' farts.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
The College of Winterhold. I can't leave magic alone and I never get tired of the questline. And I love all of those people, especially Tolfdir, Enthir, Brelyna Maryon, and my follower/husband of choice, Onmund. Even J'zargo, though I'm always torn between amusement and wanting to punch him in his smug furry face. (I agree with Wildroses though, why the hell am I the new Arch-Mage, when damn near everyone at the College is better-qualified than me? Personally I think it should have been Tolfdir.) But yeah, the College is usually home and family to me. In fact, this is how much I love it there :p this is what I use as a handbag/art supply caddy:

collegebag.jpg

TJ0331

Nords forever
Companions. I like warriors, and the companions is a close knit group of skilled warriors. However I really do like the thieves guild a lot too.

Indri Master

Dremora
Morag Tong.

Dawnstar Guard

Defender of the Pale
Man no one else likes the bards college I think it is the best one. At the start you kill a powerful undead army and at the end you get a ebony sword (I was level 10) and you go around retrieving instruments for the members.A good way to get money to non evil
Characters

MiniPea

The Dark Lord of Skyrim
Man no one else likes the bards college I think it is the best one. At the start you kill a powerful undead army and at the end you get a ebony sword (I was level 10) and you go around retrieving instruments for the members.A good way to get money to non evil
Characters

I find the Bard College misleading, actually. Newer players probably thought that you could learn to play instruments, but instead you just go fetching things for a load of random people.

However, on topic; I would have to say The College of Winterhold.

Dawn

Dark Brotherhood if I'm playing a degenerate killing type, Dawnguard otherwise (killing vampires never get old).

College of Winterhold is fun for a magic user, though pretty ridiculous otherwise (though sadly required to complete dragon priest masks or the Galdur legend, and highly useful for raw soul gems).

Loved the Companions right up until it was werewolf time, finished it once, won't do it again.

Thieves Guild never really fit any of my characters, though I have stumbled through it once. Finding the guild as Maven Black-Briar's b*tch was a turn off, as was having to sell your soul to Nocturnal.

Foralis

Singer of many tales
Obviously the Bards College, as you can see by my avatar.

But in all honesty, I think College of Winterhold was the most fun one for me. It had some really cool dungeons and I didn't feel like I was ever repeating something and getting déjà-vu. Adding to that though, the enemies on the missions were very easy for me. I'm not sure why, but they were. The story was okay, with a really, "sad" moment in it (not spoiling anything).

Story-wise I think the Thieve's Guild was so interesting. The story at first was very confusing and bland, but when the nightingale aspect pops up, you're just like, "Holy moly!". I really felt like I had a personal connection with many characters in the Thieve's Guild! The dungeons were repetitive though, and the draugr were just annoying :sadface:

The Dark Brotherhood was quite boring for me, it was too repetitive. Though, the 20k made up for it :p!