Where do I take my Nord female now?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
I have been away from Skyrim for a while now but I finally decided that I would get back to it and create a new character. Before I stopped playing for a while I had been creating lots of character and trying to role-play with them, making sure I had a set goal for my character and giving them a solid back-story. Now though, I just want to try and do something enjoyable with the game. I created my first ever Nord character a few nights ago (and have only just go back to her because I had a lot of things to do for a while) and decided that she would simply be an adventurer. I have given her a set of basic morals such as; don't kill innocents and the generic 'good gal' type of things, but I don't want too much to be holding me back from the game. I don't want to forfit a quest simply because it envolved killing a certain trace that - for some reason or another - my character could not kill. With this character I have also used a sword for the first ever time, properlly (During my first ever play-through of the game my character was a 'god' and dabblled in a but of everything, but I don't count that as a proper warrior play-through) Everyother play-through of mine had either been an archery pla-through or a magic play-through, not this time though.

last time I played my new Nord I got her out of Helgen and to Riverwood, but now what? At current I decided I would do something new and instead of continuing to Whiterun I decided to backtrack past the guardian stones and go left at the split road leading of from Helgen. My Nord is walking with a hunter who she fought with just a few moments ago and now continues to walk with him.

What should I do with this character then guys? Before I get any ideas I would like to mention that I still want to stick to basic role-playing rules, so I am not planning to go and cheat my level up really high and go on search of cool glitches or things with no real purpose. I want this to be a realistic but free play-through, so please help me because it had been so long since I last did this.

Thanks guys!

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
The brothel.

yay gender roles

Catwoman

Notorious Cat Burglar
Just do whatever you thinks best for her. I guess it's all part of the roleplaying to deny certain quests if you want your character to be an all around ''good'' type of character. When I want to roleplay with a character I firstly look at their race. She's a Nord right? So, she'd be all for the Stormcloaks and I'm sure she'd be willing to go against anything that relates to the Imperial Empire. Make sure she uses a big two handed weapon and try and adapt to what her likes and dislikes would be as she travels the province.

But as I said, for me, I would join the Stormcloak Rebellion. It seems right to do seeing as she's an adventurer and a Nord. Or if you want to roleplay the fun way, just take her on a bunch of caves and dungeons quests and fight the undead like a proper adventurer. In Skyrim, there are so many ways to Roleplay and they possibilities are all endless. If you haven't already, I would have a little look here. They have amazing ideas for roleplays. I hope I helped.

~Catwoman

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
The brothel.

yay gender roles
ROFL!

I actually started doing something similar in Oblivion recently....I just frolicked around (like, my character was hopping...I forgot how ridiculous the characters in that game look when the hop, BTW). Find a cave? Go in and see what there is to see! Forget what your mother ever said about talking to strangers, talk to people in the streets. Do a little hunting. There's no direction, but I am SOOOOO easily distracted so it works out well for me...next thing I know, I've been in front of the Xbox for 12 hours and I haven't eaten since breakfast. :)

Znowcicle

Chimera~
When I play Skyrim, I try to think, what am I going to do with this character? You've already started that. :)

You say she's a Nord, and like Catwoman said, you could make her the stereotypical Nord. The type that is brutally against the Empire and uses strictly two-handed weapons. You could also take her in the sword and shield approach. When I made my first Nord, I gave her a sword and a shield. Previously, I had stuck with dual wielding and a bit of light archery. I found that playing a character with a different fighting style was enlightening to learn and fun to do. I had to learn how to efficiently fight with the two, and I also enjoyed bashing in faces with the shield bash option. The combinations of weapons is astounding now that Bethesda has let us dual wield, so go crazy and try new things. Try things that wouldn't normally seem to work together, like using an axe and a dagger if you're really looking for a weird kind of change.

You also said that you're traveling with a hunter. I have to ask, how do you keep up with him? I always find that the NPCs walk way too slow for me. XD Based on fighting tactics, that's a good idea to stay with someone when you're a low level to help you fight so you don't get aggravated by dying too often.

Also, I would suggest raising the difficulty level. If you're used to playing on a moderate level, and don't feel that it's challenging, then raise it to make it more difficult. I always played on the standard normal level, and eventually I got burnt out playing Skyrim. When I decided to play it again, I raised it to the highest difficulty and although I die more often, it gives me a harder goal to strive for. Take Helgen for instance. I took up arms with the Imperial and had to fight against the Stormcloaks who wielded two-handed weapons. I had made a Khajiit who's focus was purely magic. As you can imagine, I died a couple times while trying to escape, but every time I died I had more will to get past them. I tried different tactics, like using the companion as a shield or distraction, and I worked my mind in trying to defeat the enemy instead of just cutting them down. It gave it a more realistic feel.

But you're original question was where should you take her. Just travel. Explore. You said she was an adventurer, so I challenge you to not enter a town again you've leveled up four times in the wilderness. :) I hope this helps.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
When I play Skyrim, I try to think, what am I going to do with this character? You've already started that. :)

You say she's a Nord, and like Catwoman said, you could make her the stereotypical Nord. The type that is brutally against the Empire and uses strictly two-handed weapons. You could also take her in the sword and shield approach. When I made my first Nord, I gave her a sword and a shield. Previously, I had stuck with dual wielding and a bit of light archery. I found that playing a character with a different fighting style was enlightening to learn and fun to do. I had to learn how to efficiently fight with the two, and I also enjoyed bashing in faces with the shield bash option. The combinations of weapons is astounding now that Bethesda has let us dual wield, so go crazy and try new things. Try things that wouldn't normally seem to work together, like using an axe and a dagger if you're really looking for a weird kind of change.

You also said that you're traveling with a hunter. I have to ask, how do you keep up with him? I always find that the NPCs walk way too slow for me. XD Based on fighting tactics, that's a good idea to stay with someone when you're a low level to help you fight so you don't get aggravated by dying too often.

Also, I would suggest raising the difficulty level. If you're used to playing on a moderate level, and don't feel that it's challenging, then raise it to make it more difficult. I always played on the standard normal level, and eventually I got burnt out playing Skyrim. When I decided to play it again, I raised it to the highest difficulty and although I die more often, it gives me a harder goal to strive for. Take Helgen for instance. I took up arms with the Imperial and had to fight against the Stormcloaks who wielded two-handed weapons. I had made a Khajiit who's focus was purely magic. As you can imagine, I died a couple times while trying to escape, but every time I died I had more will to get past them. I tried different tactics, like using the companion as a shield or distraction, and I worked my mind in trying to defeat the enemy instead of just cutting them down. It gave it a more realistic feel.

But you're original question was where should you take her. Just travel. Explore. You said she was an adventurer, so I challenge you to not enter a town again you've leveled up four times in the wilderness. :) I hope this helps.

I already knew before starting this character that she would be a two-handed warrior using a simply steal great-sword. I'm not interested in anything fancy with her armour wise either, she is wearing the typical iron chest-plate, gauntlets, boot and helmet.

As for keeping up with Npc's, I just walk slowly along side them and admire the view for a bit. I wasn't with him for long though, he soon reached his white horse and rode off into the distance. Once he was gone I make my way to Falkreath and - after getting in a fight with a Orc at the inn and being sent to prison - stayed overnight in Falkreath before setting out again. I came across a small bandit road block and got rid of them easily, but the noticed a place I had seen and walked past in the game many times, Pinewatch. I picked the lock to get inside as I felt like a bit of looting and
soon found myself wandering through the huge underground bandit cavern, littered with gold. I eventually made my way to the end and made it to the treasury room. I took everything in sight and then left with my spoils.
After that little adventure I left Pinewatch and realised that I had in fact circled around a whole mountain range during the whole day, so I decided that i would make my way to back to Riverwood. It was a beautiful walk along the river as the sun set so I stripped my character off and swam the rest of the way back to Riverwood.

See, when I can do all of that in just one in-game day I know this is the right character for me. For Znow: I feel a lot better now and my escape from my problems has been a good one. When I next get back to my character I am planning to travel to Windhelm and join the Stormcloaks. I have never completed the civil war story line past the first mission before so that should hold another load of adventure and surprises for me. I forgot how much I love this game!

Still, any ideas for what else I can get out of this character are welcome! :D

thatwudbryan

yet another skyrim enthusiast
Well seeing as how you're creating a traditional nord of Skyrim type chracter, I'd say doing 'Kyne's Sacred Trials' is a good thing to look into even more so considering the whole good hearted huntress type angle. Take a trip to the southwest part of the Rift somewhat at the foot of the mountains leading to High Hrothgar and lookout for 'Froki's Shack'. He'll tell you his view on the divines and how Kyne was the true goddess to the 'imposter gods'. Its a nice travel-n-hunt type quest that would work Perfectly with the character you have now and can be done slowly and at your own leisure. Just a suggestion

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
Well seeing as how you're creating a traditional nord of Skyrim type chracter, I'd say doing 'Kyne's Sacred Trials' is a good thing to look into even more so considering the whole good hearted huntress type angle. Take a trip to the southwest part of the Rift somewhat at the foot of the mountains leading to High Hrothgar and lookout for 'Froki's Shack'. He'll tell you his view on the divines and how Kyne was the true goddess to the 'imposter gods'. Its a nice tavel-n-hunt type quest that would work Perfectly with the character you have now and can be done slowly and at your own leisure. Just a suggestion
Perfect, I guess I'll take my character there while I am on the way to Windhelm. Sound like an interesting quest. Thanks! :D

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
The most fun I had with a character was when I just wandered around exploring, like I would have in real life. No goals, no place I had to be.